Well my intrest in NWN2 just tripled =)

Darque

Brainhurts.  Too much probability mathematics in too early in the morning...

There, there Mr Hades. This is essential mathematics for anyone looking to design RPG rule systems.

normalSUs-m2h1.jpeg

Gaussian, what you get if you roll many dice. like GURPS that uses 3d6

ms174868.Local_353600508_uniform_distribution.gif

Uniform, like Call of Cthulhu that uses a signle die d100 or D&D's d20

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Can't wait to see what vs party encounters Obsidz can set up.  They probably can make legal non-cheese stuff that most people would find unbeatable, even with the benefit of reloading/preplaning.  Well, maybe not if they do random combat scripts on key battles on each load.  :x

Don't hold your breath.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

"How is it that NWNs combat system works again? It has some kind of pseudo round/phase thingie doesnt it?"

It has rounds. Works just like in pnp except there is no waiting in between turns. You simply go when it is turn. Bets way to test this is to cast two spells right aftet the other. After your first spell is cast, your character will wait a few seconds before it starts casting the second.

"beofre even reading the last three pages of this post, I'll make it clear I'm talking about 3.5 rules. I no longer own a 3.0 PHB. Everything I'm posting is in the 3.5 PHB"

Then how can you compare how NWN familars are overpwoered compared to pnp ones? Afterall, that's how this disucssion got started. At least I wa shonest, and stated quite clearly that I was referring to 3.0.

That said, accoridng to Deraldin's facts, even in 3.5, a familiar can end up having more than 100hp. That said, it seems that in 3.5 an Animal Companion is very uber munchkinized.

"What I like to know is can we double up on metamagic feats. Empowered Maximized Fireball is a must. I must I tell you!"

That would be cool. :cool:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"beofre even reading the last three pages of this post, I'll make it clear I'm talking about 3.5 rules. I no longer own a 3.0 PHB. Everything I'm posting is in the 3.5 PHB"

Then how can you compare how NWN familars are overpwoered compared to pnp ones? Afterall, that's how this disucssion got started. At least I wa shonest, and stated quite clearly that I was referring to 3.0.

That said, accoridng to Deraldin's facts, even in 3.5, a familiar can end up having more than 100hp. That said, it seems that in 3.5 an Animal Companion is very uber munchkinized.

Here is the quote that started it all.

That's funny. I can get a normal famliar in pnp to have hp at 100 at level 20, have a great ac, have a decent ac, and do generally well in combat. People greatly underestimate a familiar's usefulness in a fight. Are they a full out front line attack force in pnp? They really aren't in NWN either. Just because they can slaughter 1HD goblins doens't make them tanks. People should actually see a pnp familiar in action before they consider them useless in combat.

You were talking about

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Who did they betray?  :blink:

To Wiccans they are an oath breaker who betrayed their coven.

Strange to have a class like this in a game.

Because thats a fairly moden viewpoint of warlocks (50 yrs tops), from a wiccan/pagan standpoint. From a mythos, historical standpoint warlocks have been part of mythology for thousands of years pre-modern wiccan religion and did not have anything to do directly with being a oath-breaker.

Speaking as a pagan witch of course. :wacko:

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Speaking as a pagan witch of course. :)

:huh:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"So I wasn't being honest or dishonest, I just never stated anything that I had to take back."

Weell.. There's the fact that familairs cna have 100+ hit point in pnp no matter 3.0 or 3.5.

I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

But, it's not vague. In the familiar section, it talks about Class, and Character levels. I hope you know the difference. When it discusses familiar hit points, it specifically states half the Master's hit points. That's as clear as it's gonna get.

You may disagree with the rule, and change it; but then that's no longer a base rule and is a house rule. That's cool; but it's kinda hard to discuss house rules in the way we are.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I usually use multiclass chars, they r maybe a little less powerfull, but more complex.

I like:

Wizard/Fighter

Rogue/Sorcerer

Bard/Ranger

Ranger/Paladin

Paladin/Sorcerer

Cleric/Warrior

Barbarian/Rogue

Bard/Sorcerer

I only wanted to write max 8 of them :D

W/F gets spell failure reducing and meta feats

R/S gets meta and mobility feats

B/R ...well, just Robin Hood style ;)

R/P seek&destroy :cool:

P/S meta and turning feats

C/W meta and specialization in a weapon, to be very good in it ;)

B/R The very NOT dumbass barbarian, with many knowledge and skill feats

B/S meta and music feats, see the fear and shock in the eyes of enemy, if a Bard casts spells like Fireball or Lightning bolt or... on higher lvl: Figher of Death :)

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Speaking as a pagan witch of course. :)

Instead of being a Christian Witch? :p

I know a couple of those acually. And yes, I am not chrsitian... anymore :)

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta