Well my intrest in NWN2 just tripled =)

Darque

LOL This has been known for months. :D

And, I've been planning to get this game since it was announced. Though, warlocks are such a crappy and overrated nonsesne class its one of these that if I were not such a NWN fanboy would STOP me form buying that.

Three Best New Things About NWN2:

1. World Map

2. Official Subraces

3. 3 Henchmen In Party

Three Worst New Things About NWN2:

1. WARLOCK!!!!

2. NO SEWERS!!!!

3. Garbage Familiars

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

LOL This has been known for months. :D

I just found out today :thumbsup: that makes it new (w00t)

And, I've been planning to get this game since it was announced. Though, warlocks are such a crappy and overrated nonsesne class its one of these that if I were not such a NWN fanboy would STOP me form buying that.

Warlocks are awesome.

Game over.

RoOfLeS! (w00t)

"I just found out today that makes it new"

I like this attitude 'cause I believe the same thing. :thumbsup:

"Warlocks are awesome.

Game over.

RoOfLeS!"

Even the Great Darque can't be perfect. :wub:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

1) Chris Avellone/JE Sawyer manfusion

2) Overall improvements to the engine/toolset that should make modding even more fun. The graphics STYLE is definitely a good change from the cartoony NWN1. Black Isle-style art = winner. Heightmaps for exterior areas is the other cool improvement.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The best thing I've heard so far about Neverwinter Nights 2 is the world map. That's a huge step forward over the first Neverwinter Nights. Also, Obsidian can't possible write a lamer main story than the timetravelling lizard one found in the original, so whatever they do they won't be able to screw it up too badly! I have faith in these guys to produce something interesting.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Garbage Familiars

Huh? I thought they were going to make a fairly PnP accurate implementation of the familiars, unless I missed something?

Chris Avellone/JE Sawyer manfusion

*Tries hard to repress images of J.E. and Chris doing a silly looking dance, sharing a pair of earrings and then fusing into some kind of an

Edited by aVENGER

Three Best New Things About NWN2:

1. World Map

Sounds good. What's a crpg without maps ?... ;)

2. Official Subraces
Meh, I prefer to play as humans most of the time.

3. 3 Henchmen In Party
Depending on their AI/Control, could be great.

Three Worst New Things About NWN2:

1. WARLOCK!!!!

Sounds like a spellcaster. Never cared much for mages (tried Wild mage a few times in BG2) :ermm:
2. NO SEWERS!!!!
This one makes me wary of the game. Could end up prolonging it's shelf life until somebody makes a sewer add-on :shifty:
3. Garbage Familiars
Even on the rare occasion where I played a mage in BG2, I never bothered with a familiar. Never saw the point in them :huh:

Since I'm not a modder and usually play my crpgs alone, I don't care about the games potential. I'll wait and form an oppinion on what ships in the box for 1 player :cool:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Garbage Familiars

Huh? I thought they were going to make a fairly PnP accurate implementation of the familiars, unless I missed something?

Well I haven

Edited by Ellester

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Yeah.  Basically NWN 2 is what NWN 1 should have been.  Leave it up to Feargus and crew to correct Bioware's mistakes.

I've not yet had a chance to play KotOR 2 yet, but aren't there a few mistakes in that game that I'm sure have been made by Bio?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta