KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Yep, after my 1st run through the game, I pretty much stuck with the dark non-master robes. Almost all the armors looked goofy to me and there was no dire need to wear the more the powerful stuff so...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Did anyone refuse to change attire/outfit simply because they disliked the more uber gear in K1 or K2? (I must admit, I'm guilty of sticking to the 'dark jedi robe' throughout the entire game for K2.)

I pretty much stuck with the low level jedi robes. The master robes had that stupid curve in the crotch. I eventually just modded my own, but as with Weiser, it just made it too easy.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wow! Everyone has so many good ideas on here! IF the devs are doing III I hope they take some of this stuff (w00t)

After hearing some of your ideas I've re-thought mine-

>>I don't know, I WOULD like to play as Reven again, the KOTOR trilogy is centered around him so I would like to be him again with the Exile returning as NPC. And if you can't load your saves from KOTOR I or II you should be able to pick head/male/female for both Reven and Exile to what they were in your other games or just for the hell of it for new players. Even if they turn out to be NPC's.<<

Ok, I think it doesn't need to be Reven (but he has to be there somewhere). I love the ideas of PICKING a master :)

>>More species and customization for character creation a must <<

If you are not Reven or the exile, I too would like to be a Sullesten or Rodian( or at least NPC's)

>>I would like to see new members but at least keep some of the old ones. Bastlia - I would love to see her again, HK-47 and the little one.<<

I didn't mean T3 have a large part - hell i only used him when i had too in both games - but its cool to have a astromech droid rolling around the hawk :rolleyes:

>>Love the Influence system.<<

Still think the same of these (w00t) just add to them like people have suggested on here.

>>Modifiable Ebon Hawk, including internal layout/features.<<

As someone said before - upgrading guns, shields at a shipyard is a must! Space battles A must!

>>Please - a planet from the films :wub: <<

I relize Tatooine was from the film and Dantooine mentined - I just ment in II there wasn't one fROM the films. Give us Corracant(sp?) dagobagh - something!

>>Some planets can be a little more open - I loved on KOTOR 1 walking out into the dune sea - my friends and I sat there saying "wow" over and over.<<

Still worried about this. At least have one large area. Snow, grassland somthing!

>>I would like to be able to have someone fall in love with you or vice virsa. (i'm listening to Across the Stars (AOTC) and would love to have something like it in III)<<

Still would LOVE this! (w00t)

>>Oh and in the final stages, or when ever, you should be able to bring your WHOLE team to fight. Maybe have 5-6 sith lords gathing so you have to fight with all yours.

Imagine your team running beside you towards 6 sith running at you then meeting in the middle and all hell breaking loose

That would make more sense why you should level your team up throught the game.<<

Would LOVE that too :wub: (w00t)

And HOODS :cool: ;)

And an ending that leaves everything and everyone satisfied :D

Edited by LukeSparkewalker

More lightsaber colors. You can't go wrong with that.

Should they bring back some of the npcs like they did with Kotor 2?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Do we even know if they're really going to make KOTOR3?

I mean, as far as I can tell, it hasn't even been announced yet.

Pardon me if I'm behind the times (I want KOTOR III as much as everyone else), but I didn't think it was happening any time soon.

"You shall not pass!"

Also, most of these ideas are regergitated from when they were making Knights of the Old Republic II.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I want to see the Champ as a recruitable NPC too. Maybe trainable as a jedi. For a laugh. Even if he/she/its not a full time character. Maybe as an easter egg.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I have some suggestions.

A face creation system with hundreds of sliders like what Bethesda is using for ElderScrolls IV: Oblivion.

The ability to create lightsaber color crystals (with color sliders for unique color) at higher levels to completely customize your lightsaber & Custom Hilts (the lightsaber is a jedi's most precious posession, so it should receive at least "some" attention if not a lot)

Hooded Robes, Helmets, Face masks, and possibly face tattoos (but mostly the hoods and helmets)

More non-linear situations (i.e. should I activate the gas vents and gas the sith, or overload power terminal.... hmm)

More lightsaber moves (possibly even a "initiate saber lock" option for the stronger characters to overpower their opponent)

More robes that are easier to get (it was friggin' pain to get some of the robes in KOTOR 2)

Possibly a sister plot to go along with the main Jedi Character plot, such as a Secret Operative you play who aids the main character behind the scenes.

Less needless dialogue, more facial expressions, ability to have more personal relationships with characters (not sexually, but as in they become more trusting of you and comment more often on the choices you make and if you decide to "remove" some friendly characters from your ship they will side with you or the other character depending on how you treated them in the past.

Less focus on Jedi's, let's keep the mystery of the Jedi a little bit (one of the many reasons why the original 3 Star Wars movies were the best, the Jedi were shrouded in mystery).

More mysteries to solve, side quests to complete, more open maps, possibly even rewards for curious explorers who happen to stumble on an ancient tomb or crash site while on Dantooine, Tatooine, Korriban, or other planet.

More ability to explore and meet dynamic characters that you might have missed if you just kept to the main plot.

Ability to join a faction, like the Sith, Republic, Jedi Council, Bounty Hunter Clan, "Secret Behind the Scenes Operative" Organization (great reason to create a more intelligent character)

A new ship (the ebon hawk was cool and all.... but she's old and is in needin' of replacin'), perhaps a shipyard where you can buy different ships (like a small upgraded freighter, or a larger frigate, maybe even a Flagship class ship :blink: ) or be rewarded them by the factions you work for, or are ordered by the factions for you to use for a certain mission

New Minigames such as navigating a probe/repair droid down a conduit, or manually repairing hyperdrive engines yourself, or a Sniper minigame when you are required by the bounty hunter clan to set up a sniper position to take out a certain politician.

Make building a lightsaber a challenge, in KOTOR 1 and 2 all you did was go through some dialogue and *BAM*, you just got yourself a killing machine that you will probably never unequip for the rest of the game.

Ability to jump/crawl/take cover (jumping would be for force sensitive characters only, and crawl would be to investigate the ruins of a downed ship or something, and take cover would be to increase your defense and decrease the enemy's (if they are using blasters) chance to hit you)

Non-quest related missions, such as to just get more money by doing favors for the factions you work for (such as being an ambassador aboard a republic ship for the republic, or helping a fellow sith take out his mentor/rival(s), or helping to design a new, more efficient design for a lightsaber for the jedi council and possibly get rewarded with a prototype for your hard work in gathering supplies and creating a working model)

And possibly when you are battling the final Jedi Boss you take over complete control of your character's lightsaber movements and have to press the "light attack", "heavy attack", "parry", and "saber lock/break lock" buttons along with some force power buttons and "jump/duck" buttons. (of course, you'd have the ability to return to "normal mode" for those who don't like that special mode), and maybe even battle two jedi/sith at once and have to parry both their attacks and attack them (like how darth maul took on obi-wan and qui-gon both at once).

Anyways, these are just some of my ideas for KOTOR 3, tell me what you think of them and I hope some of them are used in the upcoming game Knights of the Old Republic 3

Oh.. almost forgot, here's an article that involves KOTOR 3 somewhat: Obsidion Quadruple Set Article (for those who haven't read it yet)

i did like what they did in the revenge of the sith game with boss battles. the combat changed depending on the situation.

maybe they can have two combat arts

large scale saber styles and solo scale saber styles

i do like the idea of being able to go back and forth however you know you'll be hearing the freeze sound on the console in no time :blink:

this is just my two cents but

1. Massive Jedi/Dark Jedi vs True Sith battles

2. More indepth romances

3. Cutscenes that show stuff about the character's past

4. The choice of starting out/joining a sith or jedi academy

5. Start as an apprentice and have your master killed or something while you are off on some planet taking your trials

6. New ship

7. More depth to the party members like Kreia, some of you probably didn't like Kreia but she was a well written character IMO

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

2. More indepth romances

YES YES YES!

Every planet should have atleast 10 women who rip their clothes off right when they see you and throw themselves at your feet screaming: "I want indepth romance! Let

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah, and it would be kinky.

And then there is kinky hentai stuff, right?

Every planet should have atleast 10 women who rip their clothes off right when they see you and throw themselves at your feet screaming: "I want indepth romance! Let

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I think the main bad guy in KotOR 3 should be neither Jedi or Sith, but belonging to a different Force tradition manipulating the events of the Sith and Jedi wars so that the galaxy at large be weakened so he can unleash his or her own force.

Revan leads the Sith Faction with Exile leading the Jedi faction against this foe, but also against each other. The only way to win is that both factions need to set aside their differences and work together as One traditionof Force users.

KotOR 3: The United Force (sounds pretty cornball doesn't it)

The PC should have the option to join either faction and work withinthe framework trying to get Sith and Jedi forces to work together or betray them and join the new bugger, or set the galaxy ablaze and destroy all three factions.

Hmmm...