KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

More species and customization for character creation.

Revan and Exile return as NPCs only.

Completely new and original party members with no depressed pilots please. I'd like a Gamorrean berserker and a Jawa tradesman as buddies

Giva a choice to be Jedi/Sith or not with special perks at higher levels to compensate for lack of force powers.

Less party members to limit the useless characters but more customizable party members.

Influence system was fantastic. Bring it back with more rewards for conversations.

Modifiable Ebon Hawk, including internal layout/features.

More varied enemies, not just Mandalorians and Sith. Give us creatures!

Mini hunting sim, like Monster Hunter in the Star Wars Universe.

More opportunities to make money and evolved economy system.

Galaxy wide Pazaak tournaments.

Galaxy wide customizable swoop bike races.

Slightly more open-endedness.

Instead of a cutscene, let players enter coordinates of planets and pilot the Ebon Hawk from one planet to the next; make the search of planet coordinates part of the main quest, with some optional planets/space stations to find.

Oh yeah! A finished product! Take your time and frakkin' finish it!

Edited by astr0creep

It needs a new game engine for one thing. The Source and Unreal game engines make a game look and act great. The current one that the Kotors use looks like NWN's tired old game engine. Time to catch up with technology.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

It needs a new game engine for one thing. The Source and Unreal game engines make a game look and act great. The current one that the Kotors use looks like NWN's tired old game engine. Time to catch up with technology.

Agreed. Although I don't think I would mind being able to wait some more before dishing out another 500-1000$ to upgrade my computer...

I like some of those ideas astr0creep...allow me to respond to a few:

>>More species and customization for character creation.<<

if you are talking about non-human PCs, then yeah I agree, although,

depending on where they want to go with the story, I can see why it

might not be feasible with K3...but SW RPGs in general: ABSOLUTELY!!!

>>Revan and Exile return as NPCs only.<<

I agree. "The Revan Saga" does need to be wrapped up IMO. KOTOR cannot

be a continuous "Revan Soap". Revan needs real resolution. But, IMO, this is best

accomplished with him not being the PC. Exile is really just a sidekick of Revan. Exile should be a prominent, scripted character like Bastila. And Bastila returning

(with a very prominent role) is just a must, IMO....no way around it.

>>Completely new and original party members with no depressed pilots please. I'd like a Gamorrean berserker and a Jawa tradesman as buddies<<

the "non-human" shipmates in K1 and K2 were either SW cliches (Big Z) or races that are very humanlike in temperment (i.e. Iridonians and Twileks)....we need some of the more exotic aliens as potential shipmates, I agree.

>>Less party members to limit the useless characters but more customizable party members. <<

I could go with less shipmates, especially if that meant a pool of potential party members that is larger than the number of slots on the ship. I also like slots for non-sentient droids and passengers who are only there for one or two worlds.

>>Influence system was fantastic. Bring it back with more rewards for conversations.<<

it was very good, despite some rough areas. if there is one thing it could use that would be more chaotic dialogue options...also, influence should unlock training and sidequests more than just dialogue....if you are riding on my ship, you will tell me what I want to know...(and that, of course, dovetails into party management).

>>Modifiable Ebon Hawk, including internal layout/features. <<

absolutely...the ability to sink large sums of money into major upgrades to the ship would be really sweet.

>>Galaxy wide Pazaak tournaments.

Galaxy wide customizable swoop bike races. <<

absolutely....there should be galaxy-wide, ongoing tournaments for both of these games....and, IMO, Pazaak tournaments should not allow you to provide your own sideboard.....you are dealt a certain number of cards....from that, you form your deck AND your sideboard.

Edited by Plano Skywalker

If there is to be a pazaak tourney, Atton should be in there purely for cameo purposes

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I don't know, I WOULD like to play as Reven again, the KOTOR trilogy is centered around him so I would like to be him again with the Exile returning as NPC.

And if you can't load your saves from KOTOR I or II you should be able to pick head/male/female for both Reven and Exile to what they were in your other games or just for the hell of it for new players. Even if they turn out to be NPC's.

More species and customization for character creation a must :D

I would like to see new members but at least keep some of the old ones. Bastlia - I would love to see her again, HK-47 and the little one.

I agree with less party members to limit the useless characters but more customizable party members or maybe some charcters fora certain number of planets :cool:

Love the Influence system.

"Modifiable Ebon Hawk, including internal layout/features. " (w00t) :cool:

If Reven has gone looking for the true sith Empire that would make for a lot of cool new enemies to fight but I would like to have some planets that are "grey" (niether good or bad) like Nar Shadarra (Sp?) and one that is "good" like dantooine was on KOTOR 1. I just worry if you are fighting the Sith empire there will be no room for these. :)

"Galaxy wide Pazaak tournaments. Galaxy wide customizable swoop bike races." Yes!

Please - a planet from the films :wub:

Some planets can be a little more open - I loved on KOTOR 1 walking out into the dune sea - my friends and I sat there saying "wow" over and over :D

I would like to be able to have someone fall in love with you or vice virsa. (i'm listening to Across the Stars (AOTC) and would love to have something like it in III) :wub:

Oh and in the final stages, or when ever, you should be able to bring your WHOLE team to fight. :cool: Maybe have 5-6 sith lords gathing so you have to fight with all yours.

Imagine your team running beside you towards 6 sith running at you then meeting in the middle and all hell breaking loose :wub::o:wub: (w00t)

That would make more sense why you should level your team up throught the game.

KOTOR I and II are both fantastic, my fav's on X-box (I bought one because of number I - and I spen every night up till 2-3 in the morning playing II over and over doing differant things) And I have no doubt that Obsidian will do a great job.

Having just joined here, and if you read this anyone from Obsidian, I would like to personaly thank you for KOTOR II. It is a fantastic Star Wars expreince. :cool:

Thanks

Edited by LukeSparkewalker

Not feasible. Revan is already at god like level and power. So is exile. I do not like the idea of starting out as a level 20+ character in Star Wars d20. Especially when there are no rules for epic levels in Star Wars and the epic rules they could use suck major donkey.

Samhan Dobo dies trying to get his revenge :)

(following responses in bold)

And if you can't load your saves from KOTOR I or II you should be able to pick head/male/female for both Reven and Exile to what they were in your other games or just for the hell of it for new players. Even if they turn out to be NPC's.

This could mean they'd have to run on the same engine right? And even if they didn't, what if your Revan and Exile's looks were based on a modded image? Not a bad idea if it can be implemented properly, works well on the consequences of the side quests

More species and customization for character creation a must :D

Definitely. I'd like to be a Rodian Jedi or Sullustan Jedi if I'm not my female Exile

I would like to see new members but at least keep some of the old ones. Bastlia - I would love to see her again, HK-47 and the little one.

T3-M4 should have a lead role in maybe one of the side story, but he shouldn't be too involved with the drama in the UR

I agree with less party members to limit the useless characters but more customizable party members or maybe some charcters fora certain number of planets :cool: 

K2 featured some of this with B-4D4

Love the Influence system.

"Modifiable Ebon Hawk, including internal layout/features. "  (w00t)  :cool:

I'll add on to this. How about being able to upgrade the Ebon Hawk's components? Maybe you could go to, say Kuat, where you could upgrade the Ebon Hawk with better turrets, faster engine, and more protective shielding (perhaps you could get these for free after doing a lengthy sidequest)

Please - a planet from the films :wub:

Dantooine, Tatooine, planets either seen in the films or mentioned in them

Some planets can be a little more open - I loved on KOTOR 1 walking out into the dune sea - my friends and I sat there saying "wow" over and over :D

True, Dantooine felt very restrictive, and I think that was the one that really suffered the most in terms of openness.

I would like to be able to have someone fall in love with you or vice virsa. (i'm listening to Across the Stars (AOTC) and would love to have something like it in III) :wub:

With existing characters or an existing with a new one? Either way, a romance romance, not one where you kinda think there was going to be one (ie Atton's hints with Bao-Dur, Disciple, and Kreia's mentioning of his lustful fantasies). Moments of affectionate displays would really develop a romance storyline. (maybe it could even be set to "Across the Stars"?)

Oh and in the final stages, or when ever, you should be able to bring your WHOLE team to fight.  :cool:  Maybe have 5-6 sith lords gathing so you have to fight with all yours.

Imagine your team running beside you towards 6 sith running at you then meeting in the middle and all hell breaking loose :wub:  :o  :)  (w00t)

That would make more sense why you should level your team up throught the game.

Agree, and maybe you can have your whole group at a final confrontation against an individual

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Not feasible.  Revan is already at god like level and power.  So is exile.  I do not like the idea of starting out as a level 20+ character in Star Wars d20.  Especially when there are no rules for epic levels in Star Wars and the epic rules they could use suck major donkey.

Thank you for sharing this lovley insight of yours. :)

What I want to see in K3...

Well. First of all, I want to be able to actually choose a master. And have the option to kill him/her if I'm sith. Not have one forced on me via blasted force bonds. See: Bastila/Kreia.

Second I want to actually *be* trained. Proper training. With actual tests to take - both "on computer" holologs and physical force/saber tests.

Third: I want to decide Revan's history & the exile's history via said tests. Along the lines of what Revan looked like/gender from the holovid/dialogue options respectively - and of course, lightside/darkside. As well as what style of combat he used. It shouldn't be overkill - you could do it in three lines of text. You could also decide what class he was. Same for the exile.

Fourth: I want to be able to choose a selection of companions from both games - again, maybe via holovid. Or at the very least, decide the new jedi order. For example, if Revan was lightside, then Bastila would be head of the jedi council; if the exile was male, Handmaiden would be its historian, and so on and so forth.

Fifth: I want to be able to fully customise my ship. Including upgrades. And damnit, I want to see some space battles. Where I'm not just "at the turret". The Ebon Hawk has guns - if they keep that ship as the protagonist's mobile home/base, I damn well want to use them. And install and armoury for goodness sake. I want somewhere to stow my gear. And have actual weapons inside it. Decent ones. (not uber, but decent)

Sixth: I want to cut off people's limbs like they do in the films. That's always seemed to be a large part of Star Wars - end a saber fight by cutting off the opponent's hand/wrist/arm. The game engine should be advanced enough to be able to do that.

Seventh: Real force bonds - and a decent use of them. Not just as a plot device to compel the PC into doing whatever it is the NPC wants. Stop using them to railroad. One game was enough - two was pushing it, a third would make it tired and old.

Eighth: Put some decent dialogue options in, and use stat based reactions like they did in NWN1. If your int was below 8, for example, your character was stupid. It isn't such a stretch to do the same for K3. If my character has both Int & Wis at 16, he ought to be able to see he's being manipulated by someone like Kreia. It's so blindingly obvious its frustrating when your character acts "huh?" when he finally finds out.

Ninth: I want to be able to use Kreia's "force forget" on people. And I want to be able to have more options than simply hackin' n slashin' to defeat most enemies. There are two many spawns that you just have to cut your way through. Okay, while that's all well and good... there should be more ways to defeat an enemy than just one. Even if its sneaking around them. I don't think its particularly IC for my jedi of peace and light to run around slaughtering the countryside's wildlife. Especially on a world like Telos that's trying to recover after a sith bombardment.

Tenth: I want more planets. I don't care if they reused, I want to see the planets from both games and a few new ones - even if they are only there for sidequests. Being brought by the "force" to each planet is too convenient. Some planets should just *be* there.

Eleventh: Fully customisable PCs. Especially on appearance and clothing. And put some decent clothing in too! Even if its a tailor skill like they did in NWNs, I want to be able to "attune" my clothing to my character - and his saber too.

Twelfth: More character interaction, banter and dialogue. Some that has lasting effects. I want to be able to initiate banter without having to see the words "never mind" come up on screen each time. Likewise, I want my companions to ask me questions. Even if there's an option there to tell them to "shut up". I want to be able to have arguments with them and be able to "kiss and make up" with them afterwards without it being a romance or having an overall negative effect.

Thirteenth: The option to have more mini-games, upgrade my swoop bike, pazaak, turret games - and throw in a few more. With the option to decline if its not your thing.

Fourteenth: I want to meet up with Revan and the Exile - both of whom are NPCs - and I want the option to kill them. Yes, kill them dead and put an end to the Revan Saga. I don't want to be forced to kill them - or forced to see them die for plot reasons, but I want the option to see them die. Either way, wrap it up - even if its a "happily ever after" thing. While we're on that note, let's see some proper epilogues and endings too.

Fifteenth: I want to see NPCs die during missions - perhaps at the end of a world/completed quest. I don't mean that they *have* to die, just that there's the option to see them die. I don't care how its implimented as long as it is. And for goodness sake, I want the option to back up my threats - "don't fail me again" -> npc fails -> "you've failed me for the last time" -> NPC is forced choked to death by PC.

Sixteenth: Improve the random loot generator. No more unique items being multiple spawned, or finding Exar Kun

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Sixth: I want to cut off people's limbs like they do in the films. That's always seemed to be a large part of Star Wars - end a saber fight by cutting off the opponent's hand/wrist/arm. The game engine should be advanced enough to be able to do that.
Oh how utterly barbaric, but it will give the game realism. On the downside though, it will guarantee an M rating.

2010spaceships.jpg

Oh how utterly barbaric, but it will give the game realism. On the downside though, it will guarantee an M rating.

Thats not true. In Jedi Outcast and Academy you could cut of hands and arms and it had a teen rating.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Dyan...let me be the first to say that you probably have the best ideas I've seen in a long time... :-

Thats not true. In Jedi Outcast and Academy you could cut of hands and arms and it had a teen rating.

And if you had the dismemberment cheat up all the way...wooo hooo! Fried Stormtrooper head anyone?

Edited by Wild Storm

Dyan...let me be the first to say that you probably have the best ideas I've seen in a long time... :-

And if you had the dismemberment cheat up all the way...wooo hooo! Fried Stormtrooper head anyone?

Quoted for emphasis

DAWUSS

Now, if only the Devs would read and take note... ;). But thanks o:)

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Now, if only the Devs would read and take note... o:). But thanks  :-

They would have to be making the game first...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It probably did not have blood squirting all over the place like Bloodlines and Half-Life 2.

2010spaceships.jpg