KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

It probably did not have blood squirting all over the place like Bloodlines and Half-Life 2.

Yeah, and what is your point? Dyan never said that he wanted blood to squirt all over the place.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Well, he didn't say anything about "realism". Also, if we were going to get "realism" we would get realism in the StarWars universe, where when you cut off a limb with a lightsaber, there is not blood squirting.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Now, if only the Devs would read and take note... ;). But thanks  :thumbsup:

They would have to be making the game first...

Goes without saying.

As to the blood thing - well, as Wild Storm said, it would only be the vibroblades that would cause bloodloss.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

They would most likely make it so there is no blood loss though, because it is likely that they will want to keep the rating at teen.

Edited by thepixiesrock

They would most likely make it so there is no blood loss though, because it is likely that they will want to keep the rating at teen.

I'm not arguing. I'm sure they could add a line about how the weave of the vibroblade congeals blood like a 'saber.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Oh, I know you weren't arguing, I was just saying.

Lightsabers cut straight through and basically seal the veins.

They're laser-like and instantly cauterize wounds. Which is a great thing if you're going for a PG/PG-13 movie. :thumbsup:"

Personally, I have no need for big gouts of blood in my games...a little smudge or spray here and there, but no horror-movie amounts, plz. Doesn't turn me on and the realism factor...haha...if you want realism you shouldn't be able to carry multiple suits of armor+weapons+10,000 gold coins+ammo etc. in your 'inventory.' ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You also shouldn't be able to hear or see the lasers, or hear the sounds of the ships in space.

Thats was the point of my sentance.

You also shouldn't be able to hear or see the lasers, or hear the sounds of the ships in space.

Hehehe...yeah, that's one of the biggest cheats in sci-fi. But it sure would be boring in most films/games if they didn't break that rule.

On topic - I don't understand why people want hoods so much - just because they're in the movies and look cool? I guess I like seeing the npc's faces/hair too much...in Kotor I didn't even like them to wear their headgear. Having a bunch of people following me all wearing hoods would feel too...I dunno, visually generic.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The only purpose I would want to have a hood for is if it actually affected the people around you. Like, they wouldn't know who you were. But of course, they would need to have it so that people reacted to you, and stuff first. Like if you had a bounty on your head or something, you would need to wear a hood so people wouldn't recognize you.

Sci-fi movies would be dull if they didn't have huge explosions as ships were blown apart in space.

People like holds because it was something not used in the previous two games. Plus it makes your character look wicked.

Edited by Blood_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Plus it makes your charcter look wicked.

I have the cynical suspicion that if there was a Kotor3, this would not hold true... :thumbsup:

Plus it makes your charcter look wicked.

I have the cynical suspicion that if there was a Kotor3, this would not hold true... :thumbsup:

It would depend on the game engine I would imagine. If they used the same one, than it may not do it justice. If they used one of the newer engines it may look quite good.

Edited by Blood_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

.in Kotor I didn't even like them to wear their headgear

They need an option to hide headgear... It all looked rather stupid.

Then don't wear it.

I think options to hide headgear are dumb, because your character is wearing it.

Make people make the choice between aesthetics, and having the uber loot.

@ Blood Raven - point taken.

@thepixiesrock - good idea...items that have purposes beyond just adding to stats is always a good inclusion in my book.

Did anyone refuse to change attire/outfit simply because they disliked the more uber gear in K1 or K2? (I must admit, I'm guilty of sticking to the 'dark jedi robe' throughout the entire game for K2.)

really good stuff there Dyan. I especially like the bit about choosing one's mentor....a REAL mentor who has alot in common with my character not a STORYTELLING DEVICE that pretends to be my mentor.

Force Bonds....I agree, I don't want to see another Force Bond unless they turn it into a force power that I can actually use (like they did with Battle Meditation).

I do not want 4 padawans but I like the idea that there are 4 people that have the *potential* to be my padawan depending on alignment, influence, and how I feel about it.

and for non-padawans: dual-classing, dual-classing, dual-classing :p

oh yeah, there should never be a complete dead-end on convos....even if the person doesn't particularly like you, you should be able to get *something* out them (i.e. fav food, political gossip, etc). And more cutscreens where they ask the PC stuff, even trivial stuff....the PC should not have to initiate all the small talk.

and not just hoods and robes but undertunic and overtunic...I want a dark red undertunic and a bright red overtunic. :)

Hehehe...yeah, that's one of the biggest cheats in sci-fi. But it sure would be boring in most films/games if they didn't break that rule.

On topic - I don't understand why people want hoods so much - just because they're in the movies and look cool? I guess I like seeing the npc's faces/hair too much...in Kotor I didn't even like them to wear their headgear. Having a bunch of people following me all wearing hoods would feel too...I dunno, visually generic.

In Firefly/Serenity ships make no sound in space. No fire either.

and Coruscant for the win :)

Did anyone refuse to change attire/outfit simply because they disliked the more uber gear in K1 or K2? (I must admit, I'm guilty of sticking to the 'dark jedi robe' throughout the entire game for K2.)

I did that too, eventually I just modded my own robe together, but it was too perfect and made the game a bit too easy.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (