KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Jesus H. Christ, people.  FIne.  Play your stupid uber powerful jedi pieces of shat.  I know why not have your characters have all the freaking force powers right at the beginning so that way if even on bugger goes aggro on you you can kill them instantly.  Oh better freaking yeat, Why don't the devs let you use the force to blow up stars in supernovas.  Oh, what a freaking great game that would be,  :o

Its people like you that are one of the reasons why I hate Star Wars games.

Oh, I hate to break it to you freakmonkeys, but there are more than Jedi and Sith traditions in the SW galaxy.

Someone needs a time out. Go take my advice. :)

Jesus H. Christ, people.  FIne.  Play your stupid uber powerful jedi pieces of shat.  I know why not have your characters have all the freaking force powers right at the beginning so that way if even on bugger goes aggro on you you can kill them instantly.  Oh better freaking yeat, Why don't the devs let you use the force to blow up stars in supernovas.  Oh, what a freaking great game that would be,  :o

Oh, I hate to break it to you freakmonkeys, but there are more than Jedi and Sith traditions in the SW galaxy.

:)

If you really hate SW games, why do you play them? And really, you might as well accept that Jedi and the Force are part of the SW universe. It's what makes Star Wars what it is. So naturally, people are going to want to play as Jedi and Sith.

Well, I don't know much about SW, but considering the amount of books, comics, games and other junk that's been tagged with the label, I'd expect there to be more then just guys with glowing swords and magic powers.

But KOTOR series is about Jedi is it not? Why change it now when the story is not yet finished?

I don't like being overpowered (like in KOTOR 1/2)... But there is a simple fix for that... Make the enemies harder!

Why not be able to play a non-jedi PC. It would give it some replayability. Also, Jedi are an integral part of Star Wars but to no extent are they the centre of the universe. There are times where the universe was in the hands of a scoundrel or a droid. There are countless times in the movie where R2-D2 or even Jar Jar Binx!!!!!! made all the difference. My point is a non-jedi PC is not a bad thing and in many ways it would probably solve many people's "difficulty" problem.

Face it even if we do become non-jedi in the beginning of the game without a shadow of doubt you are going to be the uber, chosen one, unstoppable, master of the universe jedi (or Sith) in the end..........Obviously.

Just on a side note isn't watching the main character evolve from the everyday person to a Jedi interesting: Luke & Anakin :D or sith of course :cough: Vader :cough: :devil:

Like I said, I don't think it is realistic to have a PC that will not be a Jedi...KOTOR is about Force-users....in other words, your PC will become attuned to the Force and you will have a lightsaber before the end of the game.

As I see it, this is about whether you prefer the K1 approach or the K2 approach.

K1 = you start off as a Soldier, Scout, or Scoundrel. You can even delay going Jedi if you want.

K2 = you start off as a Jedi (3 classes to choose from)....and, if you play it right,

you can go Prestige Class later on.

What I propose is a combination: those who want to be a uber-powerful Jedi with a Jedi Prestige class have to start off as a Jedi (or, more realistically, a Force Adept). Those who want to spend most of their game without a glowstick choose something else. They can still go Prestige Class but only for whatever their chosen class is.

Basically, they have an epiphany of sorts right before endgame starts and they become attunded to the Force, but they don't loose any of their former skills or training.

Essentially, if you choose Force Adept at the beginning, you get your "Jedi Trial" within the first 15 hours of the game. If you choose something else, you get your Jedi Trial within the last 15 hours of the game.

What I propose is a combination: those who want to be a uber-powerful Jedi with a Jedi Prestige class have to start off as a Jedi (or, more realistically, a Force Adept). Those who want to spend most of their game without a glowstick choose something else. They can still go Prestige Class but only for whatever their chosen class is.

I agree, it adds a lot of replayability if there were all those options. I

My guess as to the only reason this topic wasn't stopped around part 10 was because the moderators didn't want to bother having to shut down every other topic because it would be a clone of this one.

My apologies if I am slightly off topic.

I have an idea: instead of coming out with a new KOTOR why not just put out a lot of new content, via live, for the original. I would play it.

Before you begin I'm being idealistic, naive, and sarcastic so you can stop typing your nasty little reply now.

Edited by PhantomJedi

I have an idea: instead of coming out with a new KOTOR why not just put out a lot of new content, via live, for the original.  I would play it.

I think KOTOR would be the perfect game for new content releases.....roleplayers don't need to keep up with the FPS crowd...we want CONTENT!

KOTOR can never go multiplayer as that would cheapen the experience but I think it is a fertile ground for premium content updates. Absolutely.

Just so you know, I am one of those players who adores customizing everything in this game. I also LOVE the replay-factor that people always mention. So...

Would it be so hard to give character creation options like the ones i see in "galaxies"? Would it be so difficult to balance the game out regardless of class/race/gender/etc?

Just so you know, I am one of those players who adores customizing everything in this game.  I also LOVE the replay-factor that people always mention.  So...

Would it be so hard to give character creation options like the ones i see in "galaxies"?  Would it be so difficult to balance the game out regardless of class/race/gender/etc?

* they need to give us a sprite generator like in Tiger Woods Golf

* customizable hilts

* undertunic/outertunic/dyes, etc

* customizable Force-draw animations

* more "regular clothing" options

* more scenarios that require disguises (squad-based disguises)

* the ability to advance in a specific fighting form.

* better-looking headgear (the cheesy-looking ones are the better ones at

the present time)

when it comes to race, you have to be a human in K1 and K2...I think that is only because of such a strong reliance on backstory as a storytelling device. if the devs stop using hardcoded backstories to the extent that they have been using them, there there is absolutely no reason we can't have non-human pcs. but whether they are willing to throw away that crutch remains to be seen.

I have an idea: instead of coming out with a new KOTOR why not just put out a lot of new content, via live, for the original.  I would play it.

I think KOTOR would be the perfect game for new content releases.....roleplayers don't need to keep up with the FPS crowd...we want CONTENT!

KOTOR can never go multiplayer as that would cheapen the experience but I think it is a fertile ground for premium content updates. Absolutely.

Might I ask what you are ranting about?

Might I ask what you are ranting about?

Ummm, I believe I was agree with something you wrote, albeit in a somewhat

animated fashion. :devil:

Well you started talking about "the FPS crowd" and "multiplayer" and I was just interested as to why you started talking about those particular topics when I said nothing about them.

:devil:

If you really hate SW games, why do you play them?  And really, you might as well accept that Jedi and the Force are part of the SW universe.  It's what makes Star Wars what it is.  So naturally, people are going to want to play as Jedi and Sith.

I just want to have the option of not playing a freaking Jedi. No more and no less. Okay the Force is part of Star Wars, yippy freaking skippy. Let me tell you something, boyo, there are a lot more non-force sensitives out in the SW universe than there are Force Sensitives. I have no freaking problem people wanting to play as Jedi or Sith just as long as they don't have a problem that I don't want to. I want to play a simple scoundrel or Scout, using the allowed KotOR classes for example. What I want is options.

Oh then we get these jerkwads, its "Knights" of the Old Republic. Yeah, thanks for sharing. I can read you know and being a knight is more than being a Jedi or having the force. Its about fighting for an ideal. Carth Onasi is has much a "Knight" of the Old Republic as much as any freaking Jedi. Same goes with Disciple. At least you have an option of not making him a Jedi prick. It doesn't say "Jedi Knights of the Old Republic" now does it.

But no, you kiddies have to have your Uber Munchkin characters in a game that has no freaking challenge to it in the first place. :rolleyes:

Well you started talking about "the FPS crowd" and "multiplayer" and I was just interested as to why you started talking about those particular topics when I said nothing about them.

true, you did not directly mention them. but if the focus is content, it will not be on eye candy, etc. I'm all for using the same engine every time for, say, 3 games and then go to another engine. that is 3 games, each with 3 official premium content updates.

multiplayer? well, with almost all games now having some sort of live support, I want KOTOR to focus on content refreshes rather than trying to be another Battlefront. that is all.

If Kotor 3 is the last one in the series (I don't know if it will be or not), why *shouldn't* the character have the option to be a non-jedi? Wasn't that old witch from K2 saying how in some instances Jedi are actually at a disadvantage because they rely on the force too much? Something about putting a blaster in the hand of a jedi and a child would do better?

So why not simply have the player choose what ls/ds/gender the exile and Revan were near the start of the game, same as K2, and then let this new character (I liked the idea someone posted about the player being Bastila's student though), pick his own path and choose whether to be a jedi or not?

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

:)

If you really hate SW games, why do you play them?  And really, you might as well accept that Jedi and the Force are part of the SW universe.  It's what makes Star Wars what it is.  So naturally, people are going to want to play as Jedi and Sith.

I just want to have the option of not playing a freaking Jedi. No more and no less. Okay the Force is part of Star Wars, yippy freaking skippy. Let me tell you something, boyo, there are a lot more non-force sensitives out in the SW universe than there are Force Sensitives. I have no freaking problem people wanting to play as Jedi or Sith just as long as they don't have a problem that I don't want to. I want to play a simple scoundrel or Scout, using the allowed KotOR classes for example. What I want is options.

Oh then we get these jerkwads, its "Knights" of the Old Republic. Yeah, thanks for sharing. I can read you know and being a knight is more than being a Jedi or having the force. Its about fighting for an ideal. Carth Onasi is has much a "Knight" of the Old Republic as much as any freaking Jedi. Same goes with Disciple. At least you have an option of not making him a Jedi prick. It doesn't say "Jedi Knights of the Old Republic" now does it.

But no, you kiddies have to have your Uber Munchkin characters in a game that has no freaking challenge to it in the first place. :lol:

would that mean you would be a strong supporter to Republc commando?

Edited by Bastilla_Skywalker

Personally I wouldnt play it if I couldnt become a jedi or if it took to long to become one.

I hated part 1 (starting as a non jedi class I mean). No interest what so ever in playing just a soldier or scout.

Loved that you didnt waste time on non jedi levels in part 2.

Im sure they could come up with a system for everyone but if they forced you to play the scout/soldier role again or took to long before introducing jedi to you, Id probably just pass on the game.

More then enough Star Wars games out there that you can play non jedi classes in.

Course I still hope they continue the storyline in part 3 from where it left off in part 2, that stories not finished and is a great set up.

listen i think you and I (kalfear) are the only ones that like KOTOR 2. i agree with you on everything. i think 2 was better because of the instant jedi classes, the prestige classes, and the ability to make other characters jedi

LOL, we very well might be at that! LOL

I loved part 2 because it was so so so much more complex a story then part 1 was :) And yes, being able to make your party members into jedi was an awsome way to go for npc side quests (although to be honest I wish they had ALSO kept the more traditional npc side quests in game as well).

Hades, since K3 would have to be on XBOX 360 (I cant see any game not yet being designed, getting designed for original Xbox at this point in time), im all for allowing someone to play through as a non jedi, just dont force it on me is all im saying.

I didnt enjoy the first part of K1 when playing as a scout or soldier, it wasnt interesting or compelling to me and IMO weakened (in str and personality) my character overall because of the level 20 max (when you were forced to waste some levels on non jedi skills and abilities). In my replays I would intentionally stay at no higher then level 4 just so I could get more jedi levels. That also became a pain and a drag.

Hopefully Obsidian (as they the best bet for a K3) make it so you have the choice to start as a jedi or not. That way everyone is happy (lol, or should be).

Course if they continue the storyline with exile (my personal hope for K3), then being a jedi mandatory just because of previous set up.

I'm afraid Kotor is based on Jedi, or it wouldn't be KOTOR without playing a Jedi. So we're going to get Jedi no matter what. If we were suddenly playing Jedi in Kotor 1 and 2 ten are suddenly banged with playing a non-Jedi in Kotor III it would be certianly weird.

I'm afraid Kotor is based on Jedi, or it wouldn't be KOTOR without playing a Jedi. So we're going to get Jedi no matter what. If we were suddenly playing Jedi in Kotor 1 and 2 ten are suddenly banged with playing a non-Jedi in Kotor III it would be certianly weird.

true in a sense but then who would want to play a Gully Dwarf in a Dragonlance campaign? hard core roleplayers, that's who.

obviously the main thrust of any KOTOR game would be a Jedi pc. In fact, I would probably choose Jedi (Force Adept) most of the time.

but giving roleplayers some options is not a bad thing.

If Kotor 3 is the last one in the series (I don't know if it will be or not), why *shouldn't* the character have the option to be a non-jedi? Wasn't that old witch from K2 saying how in some instances Jedi are actually at a disadvantage because they rely on the force too much? Something about putting a blaster in the hand of a jedi and a child would do better?

So why not simply have the player choose what ls/ds/gender the exile and Revan were near the start of the game, same as K2, and then let this new character (I liked the idea someone posted about the player being Bastila's student though), pick his own path and choose whether to be a jedi or not?

Well, since you are practically new here I'll try to explain.

If you are choosing not to play as a Jedi the game has to become very tough for this character to get through the game because otherwise playing as a Jedi would become even easier then Kotor II on Easy setting.

Sure, there are moments where another character would come much better, in Kotor I this was far more obvious. In this game, you had a level cap of 20 and quiet limited skills compaired to Kotor II. And it is these limited skills and levels that made Kotor I IMO better than Kotor II.

Take the underwater base on Manaan. It would be very helpful if you have a party member here that has a high Computer Use and repair skill or in the shadow lands of Kashyyyk where someone with demolitions skill comes in handy. But that doesn't mean that the player character shouldn't be a Jedi.

I mean, very few people will buy Kotor III if you could not be a Jedi, and then how would you end Kotor III. No doubt the game has to end with an encounter of the Sithari or supreme dark lord of the Sith who is far tougher then the ones we have seen so far and has probably also a way to heal him/herself in a second and become more powerful with every second or something like that. Now, this person can probably not be defeated by a scout, or could he/she?

And finally, I explained this earlier. Particularly in Kotor II you could play the game without ever using a force power or lightsaber. I sometimes select a Jedi Sentinel, then fall to the Dark Side, pick Sith Marauder as a prestige class. Equip myself with 2 Mandalorian Disintegrators with appropriate upgrades, maximize on Dexterity. And never used a lightsaber. Don't forget to pick the precise shot feats.

Okay, I equipped myself with a Jedi robe because that thing has no maximum dex but you could also equip yourself with a high dex light armor or maybe the Miner uniform. It's entirely optional even when playing as a Jedi to use the force or a lightsaber. I guess some people are just to bothered that when they level up are going to have to pick a force power or look down at the screen and see that they are a Jedi.

Other than that, there are some who say that you are going to need different endings, an ending where you have to end the game as a Jedi and an ending as a non jedi. Well, in that case, it means, more work for the developers in a too small time window. Because, believe me, if the developers are going to put a seperate ending or even storyline as a non jedi then it will be an even more bug ridden and a more broken plot then Kotor II.

Master Vandar lives!

i have an idea about kotor 3. It should begin with a begining scene of revan and the exile fighting in a ruin, a ship or something that is going to explode the next minute. than just kill both of them, or made it look like both of them were killed, and than start the story with a new character a few years after the fight

Jesus H. Christ, people.  FIne.  Play your stupid uber powerful jedi pieces of shat.  I know why not have your characters have all the freaking force powers right at the beginning so that way if even on bugger goes aggro on you you can kill them instantly.  Oh better freaking yeat, Why don't the devs let you use the force to blow up stars in supernovas.  Oh, what a freaking great game that would be,  :blink:

We finally touched a nerve yes?

No, I don't want to be a very very powerful Jedi that can make stars go supernova, create black holes, make volcano's erupt (or stop if LS). I just want to be able to use some force powers and use a lightsaber. Now, you sayd you don't have a problem with that in one of your other angry posts.

Okay, then you want to play as a scout. Well, then, as I said before many, many, many times, equip yourself with a Melee weapon(s) or blasters and blow the s*** out of some bad guys. Equip yourself with an armor so you can't use all force powers. Select those that are restricted by Armor and of you go. Enjoy your game.

And there comes one of your earlier responses I guess "It is a bit lame to play that way in a Jedi class".

Is that all, you are annoyed by the fact that each time you level up, you have to pick a force power?! And, each time you look at your character screen, you see that you are a Jedi??? And you are called "Jedi" a lot of times?

Well, I can simpatize with the last thing that that is somewhat annoying, that many people call you a Jedi.

And that's why I think we should have a fixed name in Kotor III! But that's all.

A jedi is no different than any other human being. O yes, he/she is force sensitive. Does that mean that he/she has to use the force??????!!!!!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Master Vandar lives!

Kotor III (If anounced) is going to be a Jedi game. people buy Kotor becasue its Star Wars and because it's nice to be a Jedi. I mean I don't understand people who play Kotor and they don't want to be a Jedi when it is a jedi game, if they don't want to be a Jedi they should play Republic commando or another star wars game that isn't jedi based. So if Kotor III becomes a non-Jedi game then so hit me and i won't buy the game. Not that I don't like been a non-Jedi, which I do if the game is set for non-Jedi till the end but if a game is based on a Jedi game then switches to a non-jedi all of te sudden thats when I will get turned off.