KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I agree with those who think that a strong story is not essential to a good RPG.

If story is what you like, then play an adventure game.

That being said, there is a story going on here and K2 forces this thing to be a proper trilogy. Thus, if K3 wraps up a proper trilogy, then Revan must be the primary protagonist.

Now, I personally think it would be cool to have Revan be the primary protagonist (with gender, race, graphical sprite, etc set by the player) BUT NOT AS THE PC NOR A CONTROLLABLE NPC.

That is one avenue that has been woefully underexplored in the cRPG...playing someone other than the primary protagonist.

Just leave Revan and the Exile alone.

Why do they need to be the focus? Revan certainly wasn't during KOTOR II.

They should be reduced to nothing but Idols of a time long ago.

How much logical growth would be possible if Revan was the PC again? Considering all that he/she has been through, it would be stupid for them to fall to the dark side again, or go back to the light. Unless KOTOR 3 completely got rid of the old Light/Dark side system.

New PC is a must. Why would he have to be a sidekick? The Exile was clearly just as powerful (if not more) then Revan at the end of everything.

Just leave Revan and the Exile alone.

In a sense, I agree. If Obsidian could just do whatever they wanted with K3, you and I know it would be a truely great game.

But LA also has heard from the hard-core fans and they want to see Revan again. I can't blame them because K2 brought Revan out of retirement so to speak.

I doubt they will do K3 unless it tries to wrap up what can only be described as a proper trilogy (even if it was not originally intended to be).

The trick is to give Revan and the Exile some involvement while leaving plenty of room for a new PC....and a new PC is absolutely essential, I would agree with that.

I'm glad someone else is getting paid to do it and not me.

in defense of Carth, he was desperately looking for Revan in the end of KOTOR II, so theres a wacked enough reason see him in the Ebon Hawk in KOTOR III, and he should find him, hows aboutthe HK droid factory we heard so much about too would be a great thing to see in KOTOR III i meant find Revan on the planet with the HK droid factory, and another nice thing would be tohave the exile in your party, but not the main pc

Edited by Skywalker

Would be quiet difficult to have Carth in your party.

I mean, you won't survive a lightsaber slash if Revan was a DS Female, it's a possibility you know.

Other almost impossible party members are:

Juhani

Jolee

Mission

Zaalbar

Visas Marr

Mira

Hanharr

Handmaiden

Master Vandar lives!

I mean, you won't survive a lightsaber slash if Revan was a DS Female, it's a possibility you know.

Juhani

Jolee

Mission

Zaalbar

Visas Marr

Mira

Hanharr

Handmaiden

you said it you self ALMOST impossible, and Jolee would be nice even just as a npc because of his wit, but yes hard to do, but not impossible oh and yes about revan as a ds female, i do know, but it all depends on your feats...

Edited by Skywalker

Juhani

Jolee

Mission

Zaalbar

Visas Marr

Mira

Hanharr

Handmaiden

Yeah, for the sake of the developers... Playable characters should probably limited to characters that lived in any situation(LS/DS)... Just to be safe though, a brand new cast. =)

Juhani

Jolee

Mission

Zaalbar

Visas Marr

Mira

Hanharr

Handmaiden

Yeah, for the sake of the developers... Playable characters should probably limited to characters that lived in any situation(LS/DS)... Just to be safe though, a brand new cast. =)

but Carth could be a constant, he's been in every one so far

Juhani

Jolee

Mission

Zaalbar

Visas Marr

Mira

Hanharr

Handmaiden

While I would like to see cameos of a few NPC's from K1 and K2, I would NOT like to have any of them in my party ... except I guess T3-M4 and HK-47 (if we have to follow the SW pattern of C-3PO and R2-D2).

Some possible cameos that might add flavor to the game ... if LS Revan ...

- Admiral Carth Onasi, Jedi Master Bastila Shan (probably hunting for Revan & Exile)

- Grey Jedi Jolee Bindo (on yet another backwater system brooding over his past)

- Scoundrel/Scout combo Mission Vao/Zaalbar (up to their neck in trouble somewhere)

- Jedi Guardian Juhani (on a mission to defeat some slave trade ring)

- Grey Jedi Yuthara Ban (sp? ... the Twilek Sith you could make friends with on Korriban in K1)

- Dustil Onasi ... whatever happened to him, anyway?

If DS Revan ...

- Sith Lord Bastila Shan (still hunting for Revan)

If LSM Exile ...

- Jedi Historian/Guardian Handmaiden/Brianna (either as a member of the council or tracking down lost Jedi relics)

If LS Exile ...

- Jedi Sentinel Mira (on a quest for the Council - perhaps this would be a good death scene, if she saves your party against overwhelming odds, like Kreia foretold)

- Jedi Sentinel Atton Rand ... however, I have a hard time placing him in a useful future plot ... so maybe not

If LSF Exile ...

- Jedi Consular Mikal/Disciple (either as a member of the council or on a mission somewhere)

If DS Exile ...

- Sith Assassin Atton Rand ... this has promise as a "boss fight"

For all D/L M/F choices ...

- Mandalore / Canderous Ordo (almost a "must" to continue his story, if the Mandalorians are going to play a role in the battle yet to come with whatever Revan is hunting in the Unknown regions)

Now all that said, I'm not crazy about the idea of cameos for the sake of making it feel like a sequel or satisfying "fanyboy/fangirl" obsession. They need to have a good reason for being there (or be hidden as easter eggs, or possibly be part of class-specific sub-quests).

Dustil Onasi would make a good party member....teachable Adept.

Mandalore is absolutely essential as an NPC but does not have to be a party member.

Bastila would make a good "Kreia figure" as the Architect pointed out.

I just hope that I am the most powerful Force user on my ship for most of the game.

Dustil Onasi would make a good party member....teachable Adept.

Will be a tough one either, allthough nobody did actually do this on purpose, it is possible that you will have to kill Dustil in Kotor I, when you fail to give him evidence that the Sith are Evil, say anything wrong.

I just hope that I am the most powerful Force user on my ship for most of the game.

You probably will be.

Judge Hades is going to complain..........

Master Vandar lives!