TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

Guest The Architect
No its not, thats in like 6 weeks.

Over here, yes, but not in America.

Because they have to finish before the beginning of June, the beginning of their three month summer holidays.

Edited by The Architect

Yay, we are at an all-time low! :(

Umm, why did that sound "wrong" somehow? :wub:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yay, we are at an all-time low! :(

Umm, why did that sound "wrong" somehow? :wub:

Because it kinda does. (Kinda like the phrase "I'm a cancer" when someone was born during a certain period over the summer)

And now, to get that phrase out of my head, it's time to pop in "All Time High" into my Windows Media Player

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Meh, still 3 minors

Oh c'mon!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Meh, still 3 minors

Oh c'mon!

What pisses me off about those 3 minor bugs is that if you look at their bug tracking system, none of them have been worked on recently, and some go back to 2005. (I think it was 2005, to lazy to check again.)

It shouldn't piss you off, it's their free time they are spending, you are lucky that someone is doing it at all.

Besides, it doesn't matter in what order the bugs are resolved, not to mention that the bug tracker doesn't show everything.

Meh, still 3 minors

Oh c'mon!

What pisses me off about those 3 minor bugs is that if you look at their bug tracking system, none of them have been worked on recently, and some go back to 2005. (I think it was 2005, to lazy to check again.)

One is from just December 23rd 2005, another was from November 29th 2006 and the most recent was from less than a month ago, April 12th.

No its not, thats in like 6 weeks.

Where I am it is next week.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It shouldn't piss you off, it's their free time they are spending, you are lucky that someone is doing it at all.

Besides, it doesn't matter in what order the bugs are resolved, not to mention that the bug tracker doesn't show everything.

I've said this same thing during this thread many, many, MANY times. However, I'm getting annoyed why they can't just deal with bug that popped up 2005!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Again, it doesn't matter when they take care of a certain bug. It's not like they would be finished faster if they resolved this particular bug instead of other ones.

Amen, though I believe many people, including poor Xard here :brows: , would like to see a new build perhaps :verymad:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Again, it doesn't matter when they take care of a certain bug. It's not like they would be finished faster if they resolved this particular bug instead of other ones.

Amen, though I believe many people, including poor Xard here :brows: , would like to see a new build perhaps :verymad:

Exactly.

It doesn't really matter in what order bugs are dealt with as long as they are. It doesn't matter if they would deal with all the trivials before minors, it would not prolong this project.

However, it's all about psychological effect.

Besides, in original build plan it goes like this:

Build Plan

0.7b1 - All "essential" content implemented. All Block, Crash and Major severity issues resolved.

0.8b1 - All Minor severity issues resolved.

0.9b1 - All Tweak severity issues resolved. Translators brought aboard.

1.0b1 - All Trivial severity issues resolved. Multiple languages all building successfully.

1.0c1 - All Text severity issues resolved.

As you can see, if you only dealt with THREE bugs this project would jump to next stage and one milestone would be passed.

You are not understanding the underlying complexity of programming. Those minor bugs could very well require a major bug to be fixed FIRST. And, as the FAA in the US knows, even when a bug is fixed there is no guarantee that the fix won't cause many other (latent) bugs to suddenly appear.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You are not understanding the underlying complexity of programming. Those minor bugs could very well require a major bug to be fixed FIRST. And, as the FAA in the US knows, even when a bug is fixed there is no guarantee that the fix won't cause many other (latent) bugs to suddenly appear.

Apparently I think I understand complexity of programming. I'm sure large number of those bugs were caused by fixes for other (original) bugs. If you take look in official bug list you can see many bugs that no one has ever encountered in "core" game. That's exactly reason why bug counts jump up from time to time.

However, Team Gizka has always dealt with all bugs, doing top quality.

I'm not blaming them, actually I admire them.

But it doesn't matter in what order these bugs are fixed. If bug Y will cause new bug(s), it'll cause them, no matter if you deal with bug X before or not.

Try as I might, I can't actually make sense of what you're trying to say here, Meta. There are no major bugs left to be fixed. There are three minor and seven trivial bugs. Then there are 14 tweak and 20 feature issues. So there are no major bugs to fix before attending to the minor ones. Now, if you'd say that a trivial bug needed to be fixed first, then at least I would understand what you're saying. Although any bug that by itself prevents the fixing of other bugs, could hardly be called trivial imo. But it's not my definitions, so it could be I guess.

Then again, it's all moot. Team Gizka will do things in the order they feel is best and they're doing a great job. :)

what a timely relase, just when a new generation of gamers are about to discover what their fathers used to play back in the early 21th century

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

More trying to explain that the team might have reasons for doing the bugfix in a particular order, and not just to pee off Xard. :teehee:

If they have reasons for doing bugfixes it should (by common sense) what their build plan says

0.7b1 - All "essential" content implemented. All Block, Crash and Major severity issues resolved.

0.8b1 - All Minor severity issues resolved.

0.9b1 - All Tweak severity issues resolved. Translators brought aboard.

1.0b1 - All Trivial severity issues resolved. Multiple languages all building successfully.

1.0c1 - All Text severity issues resolved.

And as you can see, Minors are earilier in plan than tweaks for example

And as you can see, Minors are earilier in plan than tweaks for example

Plan meet enemy, enemy say hello to plan :teehee:

Sometimes plans are just that, plans...

Edit: Down to 43. Still following the master plan.

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't expect them to follow that plan. :down:

Yay, only 43 bugs left!

BUT THEY STILL HAVE THREE MINOR ONES! :yucky: