TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

I was thinking among the lines that we shouldn't put any more pressure on the guys of TG.

We don't want to leave any thermal exhausts open, meaning any unfinnished parts out of it now, do we?

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

The Death Star wasn't built in a day you know.

Agreed, but it was sacked in a day :)

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

36 but it was a feature not a bug

Features are important too. Aren't they? Are they? What are they? Are they different to bugs? :blink:

I doubt the TSLRP team feel under undue pressure - they know how eager we are to get the finished product, but also how much faith we have in their work and their judgement. Whenever you think it's ready, guys. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Features are important too. Aren't they? Are they? What are they? Are they different to bugs? :bat:

I doubt the TSLRP team feel under undue pressure - they know how eager we are to get the finished product, but also how much faith we have in their work and their judgement. Whenever you think it's ready, guys. :bat:

There important but there not bugs and according to dashus the mod will be released even if all the features arent done (since they arent bugs) so basically if all the bugs are fixed before the features then the mod will just be released

The DarkSide Clouds Everything

The Death Star wasn't built in a day you know.

Agreed, but it was sacked in a day :bat:

Rebel scum !! :bat:

go to Youtube and watch the "Vader calls palp" video, hilarious man :D

"Oh oh oh, I thought my *dark lord of the sith* could protect a small thermal exhaust port that's only TWO METERS WIDE, that thing wasn't even fully paid off yet!!" :bat:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Features are important too. Aren't they? Are they? What are they? Are they different to bugs? :ermm:

I doubt the TSLRP team feel under undue pressure - they know how eager we are to get the finished product, but also how much faith we have in their work and their judgement. Whenever you think it's ready, guys. :wub:

There important but there not bugs and according to dashus the mod will be released even if all the features arent done (since they arent bugs) so basically if all the bugs are fixed before the features then the mod will just be released

After reading over a few features details, I think they are fixing errors that Obsidian had overlooked. This groups is getting closer to the end. It will be interesting to see a final product.

Is this a mod or a fan based expansion? It looks like a fan based expansion.

Edited by Force Slayer

Is this a mod or a fan based expansion? It looks like a fan based expansion.

As far as I can tell, it's not what you'd really call a fan-based expansion. They've always said they were limiting themselves to restoring content that had been cut from the original game but remained on the disks we all got. Of course, that involves making judgements about how to use that content, but I don't believe they're adding anything unless it's necessary to make the cut content work. That's why they call it a 'restoration' project.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Guest Accept
Well, I suppose I can wait. And you misspelled "Patiently", Accept. Lord almighty...

Yarr, Sorry honey... :wub:

And 36's a good number. Yes it is.

If I'm reading their site correctly, I bet there will be another scale for language conversions. I wonder if it will take another six to ten months to convert all the dialogue to german or something. Remember, they have to weed through all the dialogue changes they made. This could be another whole year.

0.9b1 - All Tweak severity issues resolved. Translators brought aboard.

1.0b1 - All Trivial severity issues resolved. Multiple languages all building successfully.

1.0c1 - All Text severity issues resolved.

They do not have a language conversion scale on the site yet, so this could take another good six to twelve months to complete. Plus, they haven't even started working on the language stuff. I wish them luck though. We are looking possible at late summer 2008 for a release.

Once it hits the end of the bug fixes, people will be looking for the mod's release. Unfortunately that will not be the case.

Edited by Force Slayer

I very much doubt it will take a year to do translations. We have a well kept log of all the changes made to the tlk file. There's under 200 distinct changes made many of which are gramatical and could be handled with a "replace all." I wouldn't anticipate translations taking excessively long. And as I've said before, there will be stuff for us to do even as the translation is going on, so it's not as though the translations will somehow "hold things up."

I should also point out that "muliple language building successfully" simply means that translation is done. That build plan as it stands was written to be as generic as possible on the outside chance that building the foreign language versions along-side the english language versions somehow got messed up. But we've had dry runs with fake files and the foreign language versions seem to build fine. THe installer is common and only the updates ares lightly different and even then it's handled with a common build script.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

*Running in circles around a hole in the ground, yelling "28!" repeatedly...* :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

What the ****ing hell

WE ARE DOWN TO 27!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Muahaha... the only thing left, when everything else is done, will be that one minor issue :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah :)

But seriously, that was AWESOME. Way to go Team Gizka :rolleyes:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Summer's here, so production should be increased with the increase in spare time...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

It seems that the TG skipped some issues, that's why the big drop happened.

Although they fixed some as well.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom