Official Obsidian Battlefield 2 Ranked Server Up!

Constant Gaw

Boo!

Just wanted to drop in quickly to advertise our new BF2 server. If you guys like this game as much as we do, please drop on by and see if you can shoot some devs. Be warned, though: we shoot back.

Just search for "Obsidian" in the browser list or connect via IP: 64.69.44.187

If you guys really want to find a bunch of us, try joining after 6PM on weekdays (especially wed. and fri.). We may have to kick people occasionally to make room for us, but rest assured that it's nothing personal. We love you all!

Hmm. I wonder if I still have my review copy of that game lying around. I mean, who wouldn't want to be target practice for a gang of bored developers?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

We are truely a sad sad bunch of gamers

It'll get sticked

EDIT: You guys moved on to the Special Forces Exp yet?

For the chance to hunt and kill the likes of Morgan Man, Sticky Note Man, and Duct Tape Man, I might have to pick the game up. I did enjoy the original.

Edited by kumquatq3

Yeah, the server is currently set to Special Forces maps, rotating between 16 and 32 player versions of each map.

We plan on doing some kind of rotation: Vanilla BF2 on some weeks and Special Forces on others.

And... you will NEVER kill Post-It Note Man!!! (I just might boot you from the server if that happens.) Yes, I am that petty. :cat: Actually, just go gunning for Morgan and we'll be friends.

Less talk more play!

And I was trying so hard not to buy BF2, at least until I can get it dirt cheap. And now you make me buy the expansion too?

*grumble*

Edit: Mistakes. There are likely more but I can't type.

Edited by Arclam

And I was trying so hard not to buy BF2, at least until I can get it dirt cheap. And now you make me buy the expansion too?

*grumble*

Edit: Mistakes. There are likely more but I can't type.

I still need to pick that up mysef.

Flag bangs are really annoying too... I thought they would be like CS:S which are fun, but BF2s are just wrong. :)

I've never played this game before, is there any reason I should pick it up now and learn to shoot some game developers?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I've never played this game before, is there any reason I should pick it up now and learn to shoot some game developers?

Other then being a fantastic online shooter?

The biggest problem this game has is the community in my opinion... So hard to find a nice server were people who play nice, don't TK teammates and work together.

The biggest problem this game has is the community in my opinion... So hard to find a nice server were people who play nice, don't TK teammates and work together.

Well, this Obs server would be different, hopefully, right?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Well, this Obs server would be different, hopefully, right?

That's what I hope for. ^.^

Feel free to let us know when you switch to the old, boring Battlefield 2, so that we who don't own the expansion can take part in the mayhem.

Does Feargus play?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!