Official Obsidian Battlefield 2 Ranked Server Up!

Constant Gaw

Well, you can always keep waiting for something that's even better coming out shortly.  But if you do that you'll never buy anything.

Waiting until after christmas isn't waiting for a new product, just for a product's price to drop. The 6200 doesn't support new shader technology, so it won't stand too well against some of the games coming out. I got my 6800 GTX at a steal of a price (Just under $100), but I wouldn't have bought anything less than that for the very same reason.

Unless, of course, your comments were directed at Bokishi's comments, in which case ignore my entire post.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone should sticky this thread.. or at least sticky the Obsidian server ip. I hate having to search for this thread everytime I consider trying Battlefield 2 again.

Of course, I could save it as a favourite in my server list.. naah.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got insta-kicked from an EA server for .3 seconds of accidental fire from a chopper onto a friendly boat before I realised it was ours. :angry: I know I didn't kill anyone either, not my fault I'm a newb.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

I just got insta-kicked from an EA server for .3 seconds of accidental fire from a chopper onto a friendly boat before I realised it was ours.  :angry:  I know I didn't kill anyone either, not my fault I'm a newb.

Eh, I accidently kill friends all the time. There's even a bug on the 64 player games where some friends show up with red names. I killed my teammate a couple times before I learned that.

Oh yeah...I've had that happen to me. I spawned and would be instantly killed because people thought I was hostile.

I rarely get instakicked though.

My favourite Battlefield memory though was in BFV, where my friend and I (who were quite dominating in Cobra helicopters...or any American Helicopter actually) started a position of never being American any more, and only try to steal their helicopters. I think it was Flaming Dart, where I demo packed all of the control towers and my friend was able to hijack the last cobra. Since there were no more F4s or Cobras, there was literally nothing they could do to take down the Cobra we stole....so we absolutely dominated the map. And we were playing against a clan of goobers that were always American so that they could get the helicopters, which made it even better. As we flew around capping flags and providing air support, we eventually both just died. In BFV though, it was impossible to do damage to the person inside the helicopter...so the fact that our helicopter survived (since we were low capping a flag) was very suspicious. Though we were able to shoot it down in about 10 seconds so we still laughed at that.

The next map was another one with a Cobra and F4 (it had an American airfield in the middle). Since my friend in his Cobra is deathly afriad of the F4 (rightfully so), I airdropped and stole it right off the bat, as he took the Cobra. So our dominance continued against the clan of goobers. Shortly thereafter...we were banned. I don't think we ever laughed so hard as when we realized we were banned.

Ahhhh good times :p

Boohoo, no more bunny hopping or dolphin diving in the new patch!

Players are no longer able to emulate the tried-and-true Daffy Duck military tactic of hopping around the map while shooting/throwing C4 twenty feet. I'm not sure why they don't just make jumping something that takes stamina. One jump = half your stamina. So if you jump twice in a row, you're done jumping for a while and you're not running either. Of course, they'd still need to fix the games of C4 frisbee that packed servers with giggling SpecFors.

Dolphin diving was actually a pretty legit tactic and taking it out seems more artificial.

I used the SAS support gun tonight and I was shredding people from rooftops forty yards away. Those machineguns are devastating from a prone position now. They almost feel like Wolfenstein MG-42s.

Dolphin diving was actually a pretty legit tactic and taking it out seems more artificial.

Have you ever watched the animation for dolphin diving? In the animation the gun turns and faces left, but the player can still shoot directly ahead of them, and turn.

I don't see that as legit.

The best bunny hop was when people did it while laying prone. Always a classic.

This patch pleases me.

I applied the patch, so I'll have to jump on the new server this weekend. Will it be ready by then?

Jumpers have always driven me nuts. BF2 for the most part rewards tactics over reflexes, but bunny hopping could ruin a good ambush.

Yeah, the jumping while prone was interesting.  I remember when the game first came out, with tons of people spamming the Grenade Launcher hopping around.

What exactly was Dolphin Diving?

When you run, jump into the air, then at the zenith of the jump go prone. You dive like a dolphin when it jumps out of then back into the water.

While doing this, you could still fire with fairly good accuracy, despite the animation displaying the gun facing the diver's left shoulder.