Official Obsidian Battlefield 2 Ranked Server Up!

Constant Gaw

I missed it! :blink:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

To be fair, I think a good chunk of my points were flag captures/neutralizes. I did notice I was the point leader ^_^

I didn't notice any claymore deaths. I was disappointed I couldn't get you when I was on the other rooftop. I didn't think you had seen me, and when I saw you come out looking right at me I started shooting. As I was shooting, I couldn't help but think "Uh, what am I doing???" Before I could recognize that that was a bad idea, you killed me :p

It's on expansion right now?

You're probably seeing the old Obsidian Server. The new server should be running vanilla at 72.232.0.157.

5:30 PST is the time (5 minutes from now). BE THERE!

My fault...sorry. :p Only saw two Obsidian servers on my list, and both were spec. forces.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

I love how the Blackhawk still seems to be >>> the other helicopters.

I haven't shot one yet with a tank since I started playing, but it was kind of silly for them to survive direct hits from a 120 mm tank gun.

Edited by alanschu

Damn! I always miss the rare occasions! It sucks being a swedish games reviewer in a different timezone sometimes.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I played this stupid game tonite.. again.. with some friends.. after a few beers.. I haven't even bothered to check out my stats this time. I just know that everyone was impressed (we were three) when I ended a session with 15 kills and 15 deaths ;)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Mine are pretty decent.......if decent meant horrific. Well, not that bad, I usually get more kills than deaths. Unless of course I get repeatedly screwed by artillery at my spawn, tanks at my spawn, APCs at my spawn, AH-1Z Super Cobras at my spawn, or....well, there tends to be a lot of spawn rape in the game.

And am I the only one who hates how this is a team game, yet nobody acts like they're on a team?

Nobody joins squads (when they do, they just do the same things they normally do and ignore any orders they're given), the commanders don't give a damn about anything except dropping artillery in the middle of the Pacific, and rarely do people wait to pick up other players in vehicles. There's ten of us at the spawn point, one guy grabs an APC, another a Hummer, and another a Buggy...all the vehicles...and they just leave...letting the rest of us walk our sorry asses to the CP, only to be ****ed by enemy armor we COULD have fended off had we any damn VEHICLES!

:(

I think I need a break from playing...

- Everlast

• 2 weeks later...

Damn Alan, nice K/D ratio. Kicks the hell out of my 900 something to 850.

- Everlast

To be fair, it's because I was a capable man in a tank for the K/D ratio.

There were periods where I was capable of shooting down helicopters with the main tank gun. Which was always entertaining, because a direct shot from a tank gun to a helicopter, doesn't immediately destroy it. Never did like that. Had to follow it up with some MG fire.

Yeah, I hated the damage system when it came to tanks. If you were good enough to nail the chopper in the first place with that slow arching round then you deserve a one hit kill.

The only reason my deaths are so high is because I have a tendency to get...well...screwed. Repeatedly. Artillery at the spawns, tanks at the spawns, APCs camping spawns, idiot pilots, attack choppers constantly hanging around that one main building on that one map with 3 MEC uncapturable spawns...etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Edited by LoneWolf16

- Everlast

http://bf2s.com/player/60664196/

The problem I had in the beginning is I played with some people who were REALLY good. The server I used to play on was constantly visited by some guy named Anubis something or other who was ranked 2nd forever, and I was constantly getting owned. Plus, they were a bunch of bunny hopping monkies and my accuracy blows.

I'm doin' allllllright now (why does my stats only start in january, though?)

Sure sure :D

I did have the uncanny ability of "once I got a tank, I always had a tank" which certainly helped.

I became pretty good with it, and typically used it an an INF support vehicle. Always nice to have guys covering your flanks from those TOW missiles.

My best shot was in BF1942, when I picked off a guy in an AA gun far away with a Panzer IV on the Gazala gun. He was barely in my draw distance, took aim, fired, and boom! I actually fist pumped the air :) I love getting nice shots while on the move too. I :thumbsup: the tank.