Bootleg PotC: Dead Mans Chest Trailer

kumquatq3

Well, this obviously means you don't like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas either, which means you're an idiot.

No, you are the idiot. This thread is about Pirates of the Carribean and the new Dead Mans Chest trailer, not any of those other movies you mention. 'Depp' may (try to) be a lot of things, but he is not a pirate(!). It's kinda funny. I've got a great movie called AI, but it wasn't until I saw Johnny Inept in PotC, that I knew what Artificial really meant... ("Breath of the Ancients" Flaming Sword +5) :thumbsup:

It's weird that the almost omni-loved Johhny Depp got so many haters the moment he was nominated for an oscar.

I don't know about Oscars nominations - I don't watch glamour. :(

You guys are just jeolous.

Right on sister, I wanna be painted retard too so I can be worshipped by Bastila lovers...I just need some paint. :cool:

(Signatures: disabled) 

I actually read a review where Johnny Depp's performance was compared to a bad version of Keith Richards. To my eyes, this reviewer and Janmanden are really missing who the character of Jack Sparrow is. He's not sane. If you expect him to act normal, that misses the whole point of his personality. He's got odd make-up on, he sounds drunk, and he's completely unpredictable. But that's why I love the movie, it really seems like Depp's character has no clue what his next step will be...he's a perfect chaotic character.

I actually read a review where Johnny Depp's performance was compared to a bad version of Keith Richards.  To my eyes, this reviewer and Janmanden are really missing who the character of Jack Sparrow is.  He's not sane.  If you expect him to act normal, that misses the whole point of his personality.  He's got odd make-up on, he sounds drunk, and he's completely unpredictable.  But that's why I love the movie, it really seems like Depp's character has no clue what his next step will be...he's a perfect chaotic character.

Well it's really an Actor playing a character and the character playing a character within itself.

The big question is, is the character sane and acting or is the character off his rocker. In the film when under stress he shows extreme lucidity (almost genius). So the whole insanity thing could be an act.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I actually read a review where Johnny Depp's performance was compared to a bad version of Keith Richards.  To my eyes, this reviewer and Janmanden are really missing who the character of Jack Sparrow is.  He's not sane.  If you expect him to act normal, that misses the whole point of his personality.  He's got odd make-up on, he sounds drunk, and he's completely unpredictable.  But that's why I love the movie, it really seems like Depp's character has no clue what his next step will be...he's a perfect chaotic character.

Feh... My eyes have not been tainted by reviews about movies that told me what to think, unlike some people that just can't make up their own minds and completely fails making up the minds of other people as well. Keith Richards? Sounds like Rolling Stones, but the last song I heard from them was about pimples, bubblegum and getting no satisfaction. Is that song about Johnny Inepts performance in PotC too? :p

I picked up the movie because it looked like fun... Kinda hoping a bit like Yellowbeard (the one with Graham Chapman and other members from the Monty Python and more) - That's insane. :)

My beef is I am always aware that Johnny Inept is acting, since he's playing Johnny Depp as Johnny Inept the Pirate... Because he's completely out of character and lacks conviction and weight in his performance, dialogue and voice. Even when 'crazy' it's so pretentious, that it will only work on kids as if he's actually the undertalented overdramatized part of an otherwise fair schoolplay in kindergarden. Maybe Johnny Depp simply thinks too much about how to say and act his lines as Johnny Inept, that the moment where everybody including himself hold their breath in complete silence and anticipation of the wondrous moment where Johnny Depp proves that he isn't Inept, is foiled... Sure was a lot of those moments that failed. Maybe I'm just too old for this, 35 is the limit? :)

*suddenly aware of the silence of the grave the poster slowly turns to face the gaping frozen audience* In...my....o...p-i-n-i-o-n. *and then continues to scroll down the page without a sound except the loud 'clicks' of a mouse wheel followed by a draggging sound across a rugged surface as the cursor of a mouse is moved towards the "Add Reply" button and then a 'click'*

(Signatures: disabled) 

Well it's really an Actor playing a character and the character playing a character within itself.

The big question is, is the character sane and acting or is the character off his rocker. In the film when under stress he shows extreme lucidity (almost genius). So the whole insanity thing could be an act.

Good analysis :)

I'm fairly certain Keith Richards is doing some sort of cameo for the new movie, if not playing an even larger part.

The comparison is accurate, because Depp said throughout that he was basing his performance on a sort of 18th century Keith Richards; I believe he opined that pirates were the rock stars of their day.

It was a fun flick, and I have little doubt the new one will be, too. People are certainly entitled to their own opinions about the actor or the movie. I've always liked him, and I've liked most of his movies. I thought The Ninth Gate was particularly good.

Plus, my wife loves him, and it never hurts to take her to see a Johnny Depp movie. Eh? Know what I'm saying? Eh? Eh? Know what I'm saying?

I can't believe all the Johnny Depp haters. 

Fear and Loathing was cool too.

The first movie I saw with Depp in it was Edward Scissorhands. Painfull!

Having read the book, Fear and Loathing might be something to watch.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Eh?  Know what I'm saying?  Eh?  Eh?  Know what I'm saying?

Sorry man, Pixie's trademark saying is one of a kind, you can't have a successful variation of it IMO. But (+5 influence points) for making me laugh.

Edited by Blank

• 7 months later...

Sheesh, this is one old topic, but since it's still a valid subject...

So, anyone seen Dead Man's Chest? Anybody going to see Dead Man's Chest? Anybody at least wanting to see Dead Man's Chest?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Gonna see it later this week, because our release date is later than yours.

I hope it's good. Pirates of the Carribean is, after all, the closest thing to Raiders of the Lost Ark this generation is ever going to get. Of course, movies that are fun don't cut it in today's world, you gotta have a message! And it's gotta be a message that everyone agrees with, otherwise it will flop because it's too preachy!

And people wonder why movies always stick to formulas these days.

I want to see it, but have no one to see it with. : (

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Should I fly to Cali, or will you just meet me here in Michigan?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Was I the only one to stream "IA IA DAGON!  IA IA CTHULU!" when the trailer showed in a crowded theatre?  Because I did.

I went tear-eyed when I saw Davy Jones. It was beautiful.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Saw it. Worth the 4 bucks.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

It beat Aquaman's opening weekend!

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg