Movies you've seen lately

Baley

Six episodes of Justice League Unlimited season 3

I love that show. But with the JLU I find myself paying less attention to whats going on and trying to make out the background heroes. Nemesis for teh win!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

But, but Jodie Foster is hawt.  :lol:

... And happily living with her long-term female partner, as she has famously lesbian since before it was popular to be so.

The last film I liked with JF in was Contact, but that was more because I liked Butt-head Astronomer Carl Sagan's novel. Really the last good film she was in was Silence of the Lambies.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think that SuperFriends is one of those shows that the Rose Colored Glasses of youth can't save. But the drinking game sounds like a damn good time. Nice find DF, that site is hilarious!!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I don't watch the Justice League. I watch the Super Friends, mainly to get drunk

If the Super Friends ONLY HAVE ONE CHANCE at something or have to do something JUST RIGHT, that's a drink. And before you do it, you should say, "ONLY TIME FOR ONE DRINK!"...

Bonus:

1. Person on the Trouble Alert has a hat.

:lol: ROFL :huh:

GOLD

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Apocalypse Now! Redeux

Again, one of the best movies ever made.

evn_2004_1_21-11_29_0.jpg

This is the end....

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Nice find DF, that site is hilarious!!!

Yeah, Seanbaby is my own personal hero. He's the reason I still subscribe to Electronic Gaming Monthly, where he reviews crappy games, making witty comments all the while. Like when he went to the Electronic Gaming Expo, I got the quote that now resides in my signature. We should, like, totally make a thread devoted to him. ^_^

To stay on topic, I just watched Team America...again. Funny stuff.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Be sure to go to the main page and click on the character bios, Meta.

When they first formed the Super Friends, they had a good time making office pools on how long it would take until they had to rescue Aquaman again. Now it's just part of the day's scheduled events. Their day goes breakfast, arts and crafts, Earth Science, Batman's Bat-Tips, Lunch, free time, rescue Aquaman, lecture Aquaman, crisis prevention, song practice, rescue Aquaman, punch Aquaman, dinner

One of his other underwater "powers" was making water balls and throwing them at people. I probably don't have to explain how deadly it is to get somebody wet when they're at the bottom of the ocean. The only reason Aquaman even got a one on his SUPER RATING is because as pathetic as he is, he's still more useful than Marvin, Wendy, and that f***ing dog in the cape.

aquamanback.jpg

One thing about Wonder Woman, is that whoever did her voice couldn't disguise it. When the Zimbabwean ambassador popped onto the Trouble Alert screen with a chef hat and a Turkish accent, you weren't quite sure if it was Batman's voice, but when Wonder Woman took a second job as the voice of the villain, there was no mistaking it.

wonderwoman5.jpg

I'm rolling across the floor! Ah! Help!

It was all more confusing than one of Batman's lessons in physics.

Superman didn't go to school, and neither did the runaway Malaysian children that animated him. They must have picked a few science words up in the cartoon sweatshop, though; because sometimes Superman tried to explain the insane **** he did. It was almost lovable how confident he would sound when he did things like rub his hands together to make a tractor fly and say, "Murmur blahblah mur... FRICTION will blah molecule mumble REVERSAL GRAVITY!"

superman9.jpg

I haven't laughed this hard for years.

Edited by metadigital

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I saw "Memoirs of a Geisha" last night... it was fairly decent... it was kinda dragged out though and I felt that they were trying too hard for some sort of emotional response from the audience (nope... no tears were shed)... good performances from Michelle Yeoh and Gong Li though =]

mygl.jpg

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

So is it a chick flick or could a guy actually stay awake through the whole film and not just when pretty women are on the scene?

Btw, I hear that Zhang Ziyi was nominated for best actress for some award show. =] So how is her preformance anyway?

Edited by julianw

So is it a chick flick or could a guy actually stay awake through the whole film and not just when pretty women are on the scene?

Btw, I hear that Zhang Ziyi was nominated for best actress for some award show. :o  So how is her preformance anyway?

I wouldn't call it a chick flick... but I wouldn't really recommend it to any guys I know, apart from Mr. Barlast, but that's because I am aware of his shared appreciation for Michelle Yeoh and Gong Li... I'm not sure what kind of genre it could necessarily fit in though, except for that of "meh"

Ziyi Zhang's performance was equal to that of all of her previous performances... wooden at best :huh:

Gong Li had the strongest performance... she's some sort of villainous beauty... and Michelle Yeoh is just awesome anyway =]

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Apocalypse Now! Redeux

This is the end....

That and Full Metal Jacket and Platoon are great Viet Nam war movies.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Oh man, I have to get the expanded edition. Long live the fighters!

The additional scenes are pretty good.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Apocalypse Now! Redeux

This is the end....

That and Full Metal Jacket and Platoon are great Viet Nam war movies.

Apocalypse Now surpasses the other two by a large margin, in my opinion. One of my all-time favorite movies.

Did you know that Martin Sheen's brother did most of the narration of the film?

Yes he did. You should watch Hearts of Darkness. The making of Apocalypse Now was sheer madness.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Syriana - 6.5/10

The message is heavy handed, a lot of the film is based on some stupid, unlikely yet not impossible premises. The oil barons are 2D caricatures. The whole film smacks of Clooney and Co. being preachy (not surprising since its marketed that way).

Having said that it does hold your attention and there are some good performances.

History of Violence - 7.5/10

Based on a graphic novel, not for all tastes. Its fun to watch but there isn't really much to think about, the film runs pretty short (1h27m isn't long compared to today's standard). I guess more time could have been spent trying to build some kind of connection between audience and protagonist. Its a fun romp overall but is overshadowed by that other violent graphic novel turned film..