Movies you've seen lately

Baley

"Sit through" and "not great" doesn't seem to me to be equal to :lol:

That's like going to see Minority Report to look at Agatha. :)

I'm pretty sure a thumbs up doesn't equal best film ever. A thumbs up means the film was watchable. Walsingham said Oceans 12 was entertaining, and I agree. It's a fun movie. It's not high art.

Minority Report was also very watchable. It wasn't awe inspiring, but I thought it was interesting.

Honestly, it's all in your expectations and personal tastes. I didn't personally enjoy the first two Harry Potter movies, but that doesn't mean they were horrible movies. They just didn't meet my expectations.

"Sit through" and "not great" doesn't seem to me to be equal to :huh:

That's like going to see Minority Report to look at Agatha. :)

I'm pretty sure a thumbs up doesn't equal best film ever. A thumbs up means the film was watchable. Walsingham said Oceans 12 was entertaining, and I agree. It's a fun movie. It's not high art.

Minority Report was also very watchable. It wasn't awe inspiring, but I thought it was interesting.

And here we have a semantic divirgence.

Let us take the case of :) = ok, not bad. Therefore we are diluting a good score (for something like the Director's cut of Bladerunner) with something that won't make you stand up and turn over the tv if you've dropped the remote but you might keep surking the web as well (like The Return of the Jedi).

Also, mediocre reviews are meaningless. Unless the film holds some evidenciary novelty (noted in the accompanying review) then it doesn't matter if it's good, passable or just misses. I'm not going to watch it.

If it's egregiously good (or bad) I'll check it out.

So the :thumbsup: symbol is wasted and pointless on anything with delusions of adequacy.

PS Minority Report is a good short story and a very pedestrian film.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Has anyone seen the trailer for Basic Instinct 2? >_

there was a second one?

There will be a sequel.

Seems like a really bad idea. Charlotte Rampling is in it though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

And speaking of Harrison Ford, I watched The Mosquito Coast last night. It's not his best film. It's a bit out there. I would watch it over Hollywood Homicide though. Twenty minutes of that show was about nineteen too much for me.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I just changed the channel. Underworld was on. I couldn't stand another minute of that crap. I hate these new-aged vampire movies.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I just changed the channel.  Underworld was on.  I couldn't stand another minute of that crap.  I hate these new-aged vampire movies.

Kate Beckinsale is such a disapointment to her family acting tradition.

Some of the costumes were giving more animated and believable performances. Although her outfit was okay. :p"

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT