Movies you've seen lately

Baley

I am watching Mystery Men again.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hahahaha. I love the first deleted scene. Tom Waits cracks me up everytime.

Bonus!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hahahaha.  I love the first deleted scene.  Tom Waits cracks me up everytime.

Bonus!

You should see him in Fishing With John. Pretty much every episode of Fishing With Jon is pretty strange, especially the one with Willem Dafoe

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Metallica: Some kind of Monster.

Hilarious. I want want to be a rockstar with 90 million albums sold, 500 guitars, go bearhunting in Russia and own a ranch and still whine about trivial things that have no matter what so ever.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Some Kind of Monster was ridiculous. The only one who came out of that project without looking like a self-righteous, pompous jerk was Kirk Hammett. At least he called them out on their B.S. claim that writing guitar solos into the songs "dated" them. Kirk said *not* including solos dated the songs too... to this period, when bands like Godsmack and Slipknot decided metal was cooler if it was all drop-D riffs, no solos.

That said, it was very interesting to see their songwriting process. Especially for that album, as that platter was sold back to CD warehouse two days after I bought it. Bob Rock is such a yes-man suck up to those guys it's not even funny.

"Yeah, James that riff is great, I've never heard anything like it before in my life! Wow what fantastic lyrics, you are so complex! blah blah blah"

Give me Load any day over St. Anger, patron saint of suckage.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Metallica: Some kind of Monster.

Hilarious. I want want to be a rockstar with 90 million albums sold, 500 guitars, go bearhunting in Russia and own a ranch and still whine about trivial things that have no matter what so ever.

Did you see the deleted scene with Lars throwing a tantrum because nobody told him to wear a Hawaiian shirt for Kirk's birthday? Absolutely childish.

Well the one thing that comes out very strongly in SKOM is what you may have heard from the Jason Newsted leaving incident - James and Lars are total control freaks. They write the songs, they tell the other guys what to play, they just bitterly snipe at each other allllll damn day.

Some of hte real strain happened when due to his rehab schedule, Hetfield could only "work" from noon to 4 p.m. every day. It brought album production and songwriting to a standstill, because he wouldn't let the rest of the band even listen to the day's tapes if he wasn't there. They might be making decisions regarding the songs without him! Perish the thought!

The best part of the film, though, was any scene with Lars' dad in it. Especially when Lars played him something off the new album and he told his son, in no uncertain terms, that it sucked hard.

Edited by Darth Drabek