Movies you've seen lately

Baley

The Wachowski dudes are directing the V for Vendetta movie. 

What is up with that guys?

There were some pretty disappointing aspects surrounding the movie that somewhat put me off. After I read this article showcasing the 'creative differences' between Alan Moore and the directors, I found myself seriously not caring much for it.

Then there's the whole deal of V being an unknown person troughout the novel, yet the actor who will play him - Hugo Weaving - has already been revealed. I think a better way to combine both successful hype and a semblance of adherence to the comics would be to not reveal who the actor was until the film had been released. Or ever.

Trailer for OMEN 666 is out <_< Usually I don't mind remakes but this one is completely pointless. The original was perfect in every way. Stupid stupid hollywood - will no doubt blame falling box office on piracy and ignore the fact that they are creatively moribund. Sequels, adaptations, remakes.

Every time I read the title I am in stitches.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Point of No Return on DVD. It's an American version of the French film LaFemme Nikita.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

My turn to see the re-make of The Fog. In a word: suckage. In five words: Hubby rented it, the fool.

I did watch the original again, and while I still think it's not that good of a movie (even as a kid it wasn't scary to me), it's far better than the remake.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You weren't scared of The Fog as a kid? Come on, reduced visability? That's scary.

I blew a few hours watching half of Legally Blonde II with my friend's sister today. Alot was missing in this movie for me since I didn't see the first one. Apparently Reece Witherspoon's character is some sort of emaciated timetraveling lemur puritan who has something to do with helping the president of the world. Most of the plot was a wash since I hadn't seen the first, but just the strength of its sweeping cinematography and the subtle interplay the characters manage onscreen this movie gets a thumbs up. With this film, its not so much what you see, but what you don't see.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

My turn to see the re-make of The Fog. In a word: suckage. In five words: Hubby rented it, the fool.

I did watch the original again, and while I still think it's not that good of a movie (even as a kid it wasn't scary to me), it's far better than the remake.

Did not like them? I guess everyone can not be pleased. I'm a Carpenter, sci-fi and horror fan but I never could get into The Thing. Strange movie.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Finally rented Sin City. Fantastic. I watched parts of it twice. Maybe it's just because I love the whole "film noir" thing. Must have come from all the detective novels I used to read.

Did it win any awards? Because if it didn't, well, my faith in cinema is shaken. Shaken, not stirred.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Point of No Return on DVD. It's an American version of the French film LaFemme Nikita.

I thought that was called Nikita.

The original title is Nikita.

Somewhere along the way, the original's title changed to Lafemme Nikita in the States for some reason.

Probably to make Americans feel smarter by forcing them to say a French word? :ph34r:

I watched Final Destination 3 last night.

Can't say I was too impressed, although I can't say I didn't like it too, it was a strange movie. Altogether though, the plot was utterly predictible, and I kind of guessed after the first 'incident' (those of you who have seen any of the Final Destinations will probably know), what would happen

You weren't scared of The Fog as a kid? Come on, reduced visability? That's scary.

By "kid" I mean around 13 or 14. Maybe if I'd been 8 or so. It's pretty blurry w/out my glasses/contacts yet I often walk around without them, so maybe I'm partially immune to the reduced visibility scare. heheh Plus I don't scare very easily. I think it's the random no-humanistic-reason-for-the-maddness (ala Alien) that creep me out more than vengeful ghosts w/a sympathetic backstory. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ahaha...I want to see that, if only because I played the game so much. I'm sure it'll be a laughable hoot. hehe