What are you playing now?

Darque

Just bought Republic Commando recently for my PC. To be honest, I'm not sure why, I'm never going to be able to complete this game! :(

It's one of the hardest games I have played, although it may just be my tactics...

It's a good game anyway though.

:blink:

Maybe it's just because I'm an FPS buff, but I found the game to be exceptionally easy...and it's short too, took me a good seven hours total. It was a straight playthrough over the summer...and I was bored.

It was cool and all, but some weapons were horribly balanced against enemies. The main blaster rifle comes to mind. Took like 30 shots to put down one damned battle droid.

Just be careful...and let your shields charge after every engagement. Don't just run in and stab things, use grenades, each type for a different enemy group. Electro for the clankers, frags and mines for everything else. Don't skimp on the flashbangs either...they don't work on droids of course, but everything else gets stunned...so you can mop 'em up with a bit of melee. ;)

On Topic: I'm currently engrossed in KotOR 2 again, for whatever reason...that and Battlefront 2, along with F.E.A.R....still. I love the game. Oh, and a bit of Bloodlines for good measure.

And make your homies do your work for you first.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just bought Republic Commando recently for my PC. To be honest, I'm not sure why, I'm never going to be able to complete this game! :(

It's one of the hardest games I have played, although it may just be my tactics...

It's a good game anyway though.

:blink:

Maybe it's just because I'm an FPS buff, but I found the game to be exceptionally easy...and it's short too, took me a good seven hours total. It was a straight playthrough over the summer...and I was bored.

It was cool and all, but some weapons were horribly balanced against enemies. The main blaster rifle comes to mind. Took like 30 shots to put down one damned battle droid.

Just be careful...and let your shields charge after every engagement. Don't just run in and stab things, use grenades, each type for a different enemy group. Electro for the clankers, frags and mines for everything else. Don't skimp on the flashbangs either...they don't work on droids of course, but everything else gets stunned...so you can mop 'em up with a bit of melee. ;)

On Topic: I'm currently engrossed in KotOR 2 again, for whatever reason...that and Battlefront 2, along with F.E.A.R....still. I love the game. Oh, and a bit of Bloodlines for good measure.

And make your homies do your work for you first.

That too. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'm currently looking at a gift wrapping. I think it looks vaguely like Age of Empires 3.

But, what am I playing? Well...

At friends:

Mercenaries

Silent Hill 2

MoH: Frontline

Final Fantasy 10

Grandia 2

At mah home:

Icewind Dale 2

Baldur's Gate 2

Avernum 3

Ground Control 2

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Tomorrow I get Fahrenheit. ;)

Until then, I'm enjoying The Moment of Silence more than I expected, despite some rather dodgy translations. I wonder if I could get a job as a proofreader for a European games publisher. Many seem to need one, and badly.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Tomorrow I get Fahrenheit. :lol:

Until then, I'm enjoying The Moment of Silence more than I expected, despite some rather dodgy translations.  I wonder if I could get a job as a proofreader for a European games publisher.  Many seem to need one, and badly.

Surprisingly decent game!

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Okay, I'm convinced. I'll take one of the many gift cards I'm sure to get tomorrow and buy the damned Fahrenheit game. That and Dark Fall 2 so I have something to play with my wife.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Far Cry - For Terrain engine research purposes, I actually think it's a decent FPS aswell, I didn't know what I'd think of it, but I'm liking it.

Mount & Blade - Awesomeness DRIVEN

The Movies - Just Coz.

B&W + B&W2 - Again Terrain engine research

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Diablo II Expansion Set.

Trying hard to not to let my HC Druid die once again... :p

Fury for teh win!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Druid character on hardcore difficulty. Die once and you'll stay dead, no resurrections in towns or reloads.

kirottu said:

Have been playing most of today: The Matrix: Path Of Neo

Not bad, considering the bad things I've been hearing about this game, although the camera angles do tend to get a bit annoying as well as the awkward way that Neo runs most of the time, but pretty much all of the combat; especially hand-to-hand is very fun most of the time. Firearms combat is a little awkward since the people take about 5 shots each to die :p

Overall, pretty damn fun!

/review

Diablo II Expansion Set.

Trying hard to not to let my HC Druid die once again... :)

Fury for teh win!

Actually tornado + hurricane combo with dire wolfes for teh win... hopefully. I can get to last lavels of nightmare difficulty, but because none of my friends want to play with HC characters... I usually make some minor screw up there and die.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.