Guess I'll be a Pirate Now

Child of Flame

But would Volo still be Volo if he ever changed his mind? :(

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ah, it seems the **** is really hitting the fan.

Edited by Walsingham
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hee hee.. I wonder if the AV toolmakers like Symantec etc. are now going to implement a Sony removal tool :D

"One tiny pseduostep in some random direction for Sony, one big step forward for virusmakers worldwide"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sony Marketing Leader: So, soon the PS3 hits the stores, what are we going to do to make people buy this one instead of a X-Box 360 or PC

Sony Marketing Man I: Well, if we do something with PC's, then mor...eh... potential costumers would think it is MS fault due to Windows... just how?

Sony Marketing Man II: You know what, how about we implent a Virus in our CD's? So-called for "Protection against pirating"? The people will load the CD in their PC, the virus does its job and in the end they don't wan't PC's because of these kind of virusses, and no X-Box 360 because they blame MS...

Sony Marketing Man I: Is that legal? And if people find out we made that virus wouldn't we sell less PS3's?

Sony Marketing Leader: Nevermind that, let's do it!

Edited by Battlewookiee

Your humor fails to deliver.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

:ermm:

Serves 'em right.

"Pirate now, it's safer!"

It's already too late. Once this sort of information is in the public domain, at the very least security companies have built a captive version for testing purposes. I'd be very surprised if it is not in the wild in some form or other; probably still totally untraceable.

It won't be long before this is preventable; after all, any unsigned driver installation has to be validated by the user in Windows 2k or later (unless they have turned that feature off).

And it hardly stops linux users ... o:)"

On a side note, I was monitoring some traffic from the filesharing sites over a year ago and I noticed the inordinate amount of very sophisticated spyware (from the Hollywood mafia) that is downloaded and records highly detailed information that it sends somewhere ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

after all, any unsigned driver installation has to be validated by the user in Windows 2k or later (unless they have turned that feature off).

Yeah. Like Starforce, right? :ermm:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Just imagine what kind of crap they could be trying to introduce with Blu Ray? I get a bad feeling when thinking about the next gen media. I can see discs that only work on your own players (like with software on PCs)

In the other news
Under a new proposed Analog Hole bill, it will be illegal to make anything capable of digitizing video unless it either has all its outputs approved by the Hollywood studios, or is closed-source, proprietary and tamper-resistant. The idea is to make it impossible to create an MPEG from a video signal unless Hollywood approves it.