New NWN2 screens at PC gamer

kirottu

Hmm...if your PC starts off as a commoner, doesn't that rather exclude some Character classes?  Wizards, for example, are supposed to have done years of training as an apprentice before attaining first level. :p And is it just me, or does a Warlock sound just like a sorcerer?  In the first NWN, I heard Sorcerers regularly referred to as (demi-)human artillery platforms.

Ah, I'm just feeling pedantic right now.  It sounds pretty good. :)

Well, I guess very young commoners were still apprenticed to mages, so you may be a common-class sorcerer's apprentice (think Mickey in Fantasia).

I liked:

• As we were already told Strongholds are in, but they are more then "window dressing". They will serve as the PCs base of operations and will be important to the main story.
  • You can hire NPCs to staff your stronghold and gain benefits from such. The example given is you can hire a Scholar to research new spells while you are away on a quest.
  • Companions who join you will you have their own motivation, interests and depending on your actions may open up side quests for you... or tick them off and have them up and leave. They will work similar to KotOR2 and it's influence system.

and I hope this will not be as gimmicky as it might be, should the accountants run rampant through the latter part of the development cycle ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

A new core class, hmmm...

While I wouldn't have chosen Warlock, it could be good. Also the guy's name wasn't the King of Shadows but the Shadow King. If it is an expanded work of Mark Anthony's Crypt of the Shadowking: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=books&n=507846

If the game has what that is reported here I will be impressed.

and I hope this will not be as gimmicky as it might be, should the accountants run rampant through the latter part of the development cycle ...

Depends on whether Atari is as bad or worse than Lucasarts when it comes to "quicker is better than quality".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"Depends on whether Atari is as bad or worse than Lucasarts when it comes to "quicker is better than quality"."

According to Monsieur Feargus, NWN2 has a longer development cycle than BG2.

Game over.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I am only saying what feargus said. And, uh, NWN2 has been worked on for awhile now. And, there's still 6 months to a year left.

I alreayd know NWN2 will be betetr than KOTOR2.

Why?

1. Fantasy

2. Dwarves

3. Obsidian Playtesters

4. 2nd game

5. Sequel to NWN which is a MUCH better game than KOTOR was

6. The list goes on

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

:x

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Volourn likes dwarven women...

*runs like hell*

dwarf_f.jpg

Yup, 2# reason for NWN2 being better than KotOR2 :)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think it'll be in the 3rd or 4th quarter in anticipation of Christmas.  Marketing seems to like that.  Plus I feel the game's quite a bit from reaching end development stages.  Take your time Obsidz (within reason) and I hope you guys get the time you need.

If you people would just follow my site you wouldnt be throwing guesses around like there is no tomorrow... :)

Q2 2006 is the current release date. Its been in the FAQ for quite some time now. ;)

Thanks ;)

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Finally, it sure isn't Oblivion, but it atleast it looks better than KotOR2 :ermm:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Good enough, though I wonder how well it'll do other skin tones and how many heads and or face generation/customization there is? The clothes look good but again I wonder how it's done, how good the diffrent parts work together and how hard it's going to be to get new stuff in... Think I'll go ask.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Seen worse.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Good stuff. I agree with Tink.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds