Recommend a favorite movie!

Rosbjerg

I would just like to say that it is quite homosexual to use a non-english films original title when there is a perfectly good english one,that might also result in us recognising what movie youre talking about.

:rolleyes:"

And I didnt quite like "When the Last Sword Is Drawn"..

The english rendering of "Hrafninn Flygur" (which means, as far as I know "The Raven flies", or "The Flight of the Raven") is "Revenge of the Barbarians". I don't think that's a "perfectly good english title".

As for what you think about Last Sword, well, everyone's entitled to their opinion. I thought it was pretty good, a bit sentimental, but decent.

J.

Is Hrafninn Flygur that Viking movie where the protagonist survives from village raid and vows revenge?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Is Hrafninn Flygur that Viking movie where the protagonist survives from village raid and vows revenge?

He's Irish, and his family is killed in Ireland when he's young. 10-15 years later he travels to Iceland to find the vikings who did it. It turns out he's been preparing for revenge all his life. A revenge plot with a cultural twist. You'll get a pretty good picture of the viking-culture.

It should be out on CD soon I think..

(The director's homepage)

.. the trailer is a bit corny btw.. :)

J.

Edited by Junai

Btw, I suddenly got a wicked urge for post-apocalyptic 80's films but I cant remeber the titles of any except the proverbial mad max films.

I know there was one that had a famous scene where they have to cross a ravine and the only way is by this huge crane that some peeps have set up. They had like a huge magnet that lifted the cars by the roof.

Then theres one(maybe the same) that had robots that were replicants(no, it wasnt blde runner)

and theres a third where thet put a paper bag with a bullseye over some guys head and shoot bow or crossbow at him.

ring any bells?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sadly, no. But sounds like quality movie experiences. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Titanic was generally a good movie. Still, I hated Mr. Pretty Boy and every single tragic scene went into the background when I saw Leo sinking to the bottom. Although I was made sad from the tragedies, I was qute happy when he sank.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Btw, I suddenly got a wicked urge for post-apocalyptic 80's films but I cant remeber the titles of any except the proverbial mad max films.

I know there was one that had a famous scene where they have to cross a ravine and the only way is by this huge crane that some peeps have set up. They had like a huge magnet that lifted the cars by the roof.

Then theres one(maybe the same) that had robots that were replicants(no, it wasnt blde runner)

and theres a third where thet put a paper bag with a bullseye over some guys head and shoot bow or crossbow at him.

ring any bells?

I'm not sure, but I think there's a scene in Cherry 2000 with a car and a magnetic crane. The film isn't really very good but it has a campy feel to it that I kinda like. It's with Melanie Griffith.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Some of my favorite movies (in no particular order):

The Matrix/Matrix Revolutions

Rocky IV

Troy

Return of the Jedi

Cyborg

Fist of the North Star

Spaceballs

The Naked Gun movies

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

I didn't read the past 9 pages, but "Mystery Men" get's my vote.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The entire "Scary Movie" series was/is horrible. It relied/relies on juvenile sex related comedy at every turn.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Urgh... you tasteless pansies...

DL

Please, grace us with the knowledge of what a tasteful movie is.

I'm not sure, but I think there's a scene in Cherry 2000 with a car and a magnetic crane. The film isn't really very good but it has a campy feel to it that I kinda like. It's with Melanie Griffith.

ooh, that does look familiar!

I just got this craving for 80's films.. half a year ago it was 80s fantasy films but now its the sci-fi and postapocalyptic :wub:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Please, grace us with the knowledge of what a tasteful movie is.

That, my good sir, would itself be a pointless task... :rolleyes:

DL

Tehe...

: )

Even though its cliche to say it but Hollywood really is going down the drain. Soon they will run out of asian horror films, old movies and comic books from which to draw inspiration.

Too much PG-13.

Edited by Nartwak