Recommend a favorite movie!

Rosbjerg

I thought I would like to hear some of your favorite movies .. or just one!

We've probably seen close to a million each, but in the vast ocean of film-and-forgets there are some pearls ..

I would like to recommend "Waking Life"

IMDB reviews

Official site

A series of reviews (good and bad)

Not a film in a classical sense, but rather a series of long monolouges to, and dialouges with, our narrator, who is caught in a dream he can't wake from ..

he is presented with a lot of views on dreams, life, reality, culture etc. while he tries to understand his particular predicament.

It's a revolutionary piece imho .. so rent it, buy it, see it!

and now give me your favorite films, or comment on Waking Life if you've seen it ..

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

Decent idea, Rosbjerg.

My pics would be

Memento

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209144/

a nice mind **** of a movie

and another gem

LA Confidential

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119488/

Kevin Spacey, Kim Basinger, Guy Pearce and Russel Crowe to boot

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Memento is a great film ..

I often wondered how tedious it would be to watch in "reverse" .. :thumbsup: having the plot revealed in the beginning, or at least the basis of the plot revealed ..

and on a side note (think about films going backwards) have you seen "irreversibel"?.. a french film .. best word I can find to describe it is 'brutal'! but brilliant in it's brutality .. the camera never turns away or gives you are break, during the harder parts of the movie ..

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

I can't say I've seen that film , Ros. Actually with Memento one of the versions I watched could be played in order, with the black and white scenes first. It took a little bit away from the movie, but it also clarified things a little. Or as much as you could get from that show.

And I would be negligent to not mention one of my all time favorite series

the EVIL DEAD. Campy horror fun on a shoestring budget. The bonus commentary for Evil Dead 2 is worth the price of a rental alone.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I've seen Cube and Cube2:hypercube.  It was good stuff.

I never wathed the sequel or the prequel. I've always suspected that the other films would ruin the first for me. After all, the first film was more about the psychology of people placed under extreme stress than about the cube itself, and what can you say about that in a sequel that hasn't been said already?

On the other hand, when they make Cube3: Timecube, I'll be first in the line for tickets. :D

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

My favourite movie is Gladiator. I think you will like it.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Cube was a fun movie and a good concept, somewhat let down by dodgy dialogue, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Insomnia was a really good movie - I've only seen the US remake unfortunately, but I loved Robin Williams for once not being Robin Williams.

The best ever children's film is Tonari no Totoro - I watched it with my nephew and niece a few days ago and was pleased that they liked it, too.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Ok, i think ill just list my 3 favorite films of all time, since i can recommend each one just as highly as each other:

1) Team America

2) Road Trip

3) Joe Dirt :wub:

They are all hilarious, you have to check them out.... :thumbsup:

1) Team America

2) Road Trip

3) Joe Dirt

Errmm...... :thumbsup:

Moving on:

The greatest Disney movie of all time is: The Little Mermaid.

I suppose the most recent movie i watched that was actually any good would have to be The Island.

Last night i watched Long Time Dead again, it has to be the best british movie i've ever seen.

Oh and i liked the Grdudge...Dog Soldiers was a riot, but IGN has made a totally effed up review.

Stay away from any bollywood productions. They do nothing but waste 3 valuable hours of your life (If not more)

I have seen brief clips from Gladiator and it looks pretty good (i should probably get round to watching it sometime)

Insomnia was ok by the 90's standards but nothing memorable.

I really can't believe how people can cry when watching E.T. I watched it to see what all the fuss was about and i really wanted to cry at the end, because that godamned movie wasted precious few hours of my life which i will never get back.

I suppose i really want to watch Flightplan at the cinema because i like psychological thrillers. The Sixth Sense had a pretty unique storyline but that kid really did annoy me.

I watched half of a movie once called The Tribe. It was only the second half, but i loved every second of it. It really should have won some awards.

Im going to be renting Sin City soon.

I despise any movies which star Jean-Claude Van Damn, Steven segal, Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone. Action movies used to be good in the early 90's but now they just suck. They manage to have 250 rounds fired at them, and still manage to kill everyone in sight using a flimsy handgun, when their 50 or so enemies are wielding bazooka's, machine guns, and sniper rifles. There's always a crappy love story entwined somewhere, and it always ends happily.

So anyway....What movies do you like?

Hmmm, i may be wrong here, but is either Cube or Sphere the movie where

the main characters are stuck inside a series of cubes :thumbsup:, with traps in, which they have to get out of?

That may sound a bit vague, but i remember seeing a movie like that... ;)

Rodney McKay from Stargate: Atlantis.  :)

(w00t) I'm renting that. Now.

I suggest Sphere. Hmm... Cube and Sphere... :thumbsup:

;) I love that movie (and book) but i really think Crighton could have come up with a better ending. Anyone agree with me?

Oh yeah and i hate water.

I think they left a lot of loose ends though.

Like when they scratch the spacecraft and Harry observes that it crashed, and there wasnt a scrape on it, yet when they scratch it, it falls to pieces

And i think it's highly unlikely that

Norman actually goes outside with no equipment, and still manages to survive

Overall a great movie, pretty darn scary too. The book is way better and gives a great insight into the subconscious.

Now why did Jerry say his name was Jerry? He says later to Norman to stop calling him it.

P.S The giant squid was damned scary......

I might read the book again tonight :D i must have read it about 7 times already. I think i'll try and come up with a better ending.

1) Team America

2) Road Trip

3) Joe Dirt

Errmm......  ;)

Wha? Whats wrong with those movies, apart from Joe Dirt?! :thumbsup:

Especially when the person passing Judgement liked The Island... :)"

@Petay: You might be surprised to learn that the film you describe is indeed Cube. Whodathunkit? :p;)

Edited by Reveilled

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Hey! The Island was a great movie! It did have it's flaws (Which movie doesn't?) but it's still my favorite action movie up to date. Way better than the latest War of the Worlds (Robbie should have died..stupid kid)

Scary Movie is still the best comedy ever. DO NOT ARGUE.

Chasing Amy

Taxi Driver

25th Hour

Annie Hall

Reservoir Dogs

Spirited Away

The above are my picks. Athough I could make a list longer than my arm.

I loved Cube too. Although I thought the acting was so bad it was scary.

Scary Movie is still the best comedy ever. DO NOT ARGUE.

Scary Movie was one of the worst comedies I've ever seen. Unless you're talking about Scary Movie 3. That wasn't bad.

Edited by Soulseeker

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hmm...lets see here... :blink:

Full Metal Jacket

Dumb and Dumber

LOTR (any one)

Dodgeball

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (weird, but funny)

Army of Darkness (almost forgot this one)

These are just a few I can think of for now. :wub:

Edited by Mothman