First NWN2 Screenshots

Jumjalum

Quickboot, JiffyDOS, and GEOS were my main hardware and software modifications to the C-64. I belonged toa C64 users group back in the day. Everyone brought in their Commodores, from the Vic 20 to the Amiga 500, and we would swap software, showcase the new games and apps, buy new stuff and sell old stuff.

Ah, childhood...

At least they aren't making the game for the Trash-80.  :p

(The old Radio Shack TRS-80 to the great unwashed)

Dammit, I'm showing my age again.  :x

Wow... I'm so pleased so see I'm not the only one who can remember such antiquated technology.

What's sad is that I still have a functioning tandy 1000 HX sitting in my closet... complete with a snazzy rgb monitor ;)

Yea... they'd just say it's worth me paying someone to take it off my hands. God, that thing brings back such memories... painful, tormenting memories. I can't tell you how slow EOB was on that... nevermind that I tried to play starflight II on it for almost a year before upgrading to a 386.

Didn't Starflight II have the horrid copy protection wheel thingy?

Something like that. You got a little frame that you could place over the map that came with the game. You were asked to place one corner at a particular coordinate and count how many stars of a particular class (color) were visible in the frame. Since this was before color copiers were commonplace, it theoretically prevented easy copying.

I recall the wheel device primarily from the original Pool or Radiance, and the Fool's Errand.

The original sf had the wheel... you had to align up the planet with a particular object... or was that constellation? I forget, but yea... the original had one of those crazy wheels. Brilliant copy protection. What's that... pull it apart and copy it. No, they'll never figure that out. :p

The thing I really hated about sf2 was that you had to use diskcopy and dual floppies (unless you were lucky enough to have a HD) all the time for restoring, backups, etc.

Poor marketing is only slightly better than no marketing, but this isn't good marketing

Wasn't poor marketing blamed for the (relative) commercial failure of Planescape: Torment? Poor Obsidian, they must be having some unpleasant deja-vu feelings right now. :-

I think I liked the fake screenshot that was posted around April 1 better. At least I could see it properly.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The spider is a bug. Then there's the purple thing on the ground that might be a bug, it's hard to tell. The big thing to the left has sufficiently bug-like face and claws to be a bug by any other name. Hence, big bugs. I'm sure I'll get used to it - I managed with the Silt Striders in Morrowind, though that did take a while, and at least they didn't move.

An umberhulk is not a bug. It's an umberhulk. And, no, a spider isn't a bug. It's a spider. And, the one in the pic isn't even a normal spider at that. The dead thing might be a bug but for all we know it might be a raging hippo.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

An umberhulk is not a bug. It's an umberhulk.  And, no, a spider isn't a bug. It's a spider.  And, the one in the pic isn't even a normal spider at that. The dead thing might be a bug but for all we know it might be a raging hippo.

Well, if you're going to use accuracy at me, I'm not playing :). Wikipedia acknowledges a vernacular use of bug that includes spiders, though it was interesting to learn that it has a precise scientific usage as well.

It would have to be either a very small hippo or an air-filled one that deflated (or went 'pop') when you killed it.

These screenshots were supposed to be really old, right? I really hope so, because, frankly, they look like ass.

Yes, the screenshots are 5+ months old as one of the devs was at pain to point out. Things are supposed to have improved dramatically since then.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Yes, they look like ass, ...like an ugly, white, hairy, ass

but to be fair, apparantly someone at Atari asked Darren Monohan for some pics many, many months ago and said "hey, we need a couple of shots, but don't worry about how they look, they will be 1 inch wide and black & white, so they can look like sh*t and no one will know"

Now, of course, those same pics appear in all of their splender as the very first color screens of NWN2!!!! - It is a shame really because I have faith that these hairy ass pics will looks like beautiful rose smelling Pamela Anderson ass pics when we see them in PC Gamer.

Edited by Camael

^Damn straight, dawg.

The screens look fine, no comparison to Gothic 3, like mkreku pointed out, but fine.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds