Old Black Isle board

kirottu

Yeah, I recall that now. I remember the move to the IP boards. I had been gone for a long time and recently returned when they did away with the old boards. Hell, I remember the BIS boards before you had to create a screen name. They couldn't keep the place under control because AOL wouldn't let them see any IPs. They finally resorted to using board software kind of like what we have here. ahh, the good old days.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

There were a loiti oifi proiitest threads and a loit oifi peoiiple called foiir him toii resign. As I recall, he was fired becauise oif that....

That sounds just stupid. You shouldn't be allowed to crap in front of the developer's virtual door and get away with it. "Trolling about other game developers" isn't allowed at the OE boards, but trolling about OE at the OE boards is just fine. :wub:

- "I'm not buying any more of IP's games!"

- "Uh, why not?"

- "Well, they banned me for being an ass over there!"

Typical board denizen logic, alright.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

No, I didn't think he was an actual employee. Well, maybe he was the board administrator. I don't know, but it wasn't an Obsidian board at any rate. It was the Interplay boards. The uproar was huge. Reminds me of the time someone made a comment about Diablo and the Diablo community came and ravaged the BIS boards. hahaha.

Anyhow, no problems like that in these parts. No need for concern.

Ahh, the good ol' days. If only Monte were back on board.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm wondering wheres silvershadow been? i haven't seen her or GOA on recently? did they decide to elope?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm wondering wheres silvershadow been? i haven't seen her or GOA on recently? did they decide to elope?

Silvershadow has her own board. Ask Baley for linkage; if you need it.

Anyway, Fight the Power! :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Overseer was Sawyer, if I recall.

overseer was not one person... was a title/identity/mask for a number o' black isle folks who would choose to excercise some authority on the boards.

HA! Good Fun!

Yeah, Overseer was occasionally nice to people.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Overseer was Sawyer, if I recall.

overseer was not one person... was a title/identity/mask for a number o' black isle folks who would choose to excercise some authority on the boards.

HA! Good Fun!

Yeah, Overseer was occasionally nice to people.

Leaves out Sawyer. hahaha. Hey, it was a joke! A long time ago, I made a comment about being bummed that Jefferson got the chop. Sawyer posted a reply with the box artwork. I have it saved on my computer.

I shouldn't give the guy so much grief. Hopefully, he's hired on board in order to give us IWD3.

Didn't he start out as the web geek and board admin or something? Kind of like KraziKatt's job?

Come to think of it, I miss KraziKatt, although the whole thing with Sammy's was not cool at all.

Obsidian Plays

It's a long story, Shadow. Maybe I'll relate it to you sometime, but probably not in this thread or even in WoT.

Obsidian Plays

Didn't he start out as the web geek and board admin or something?  Kind of like KraziKatt's job?

As I recall, he did start as webgeek, and moved to be a programmer. Then Jessica took over the webgeek job.

Jake started off as a programmer I think, and took care of the backend stuff for the webpages and boards while Jessica did all the frontend

Sometimes. It was a shared post between Sawyer, Jessica and Feargus.

I think Josh made the vast majority of posts for the Overseer account. Jessica's Overseer posts were easy enough to differentiate, and I don't think Feargus used the account much. I could be wrong, though.

Hello people, nice to see some familiar faces. I have pretty much withdrawn from the world of computer gaming; I will likely get NWN2 whenever it gets released, but I have no intention of registering at the BioBoards to discuss what little is known of the game.

As for my post count on the old (ancient?) boards, 99% of it was on-topic. I rarely replied to off-topic posts. And yeah, i didn't become active until IWD2 was announced, although I've been a member of every single IPLY-related forum since 1998 (I think).

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

• 1 year later...

Odd, how after having once spent two years of your life completely wasting your time spamming some gaming forum, four years later this is the only thing google finds when you type in your name.

I'd be surprised if one of you even remembered me. Anyway, if someone does, how've you been? As for me, after I got banned from the interplay forums for some reason I don't remember, I actually got a life. Maybe it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Afterwards, I finished my bachelor wih credit, and now I'm doing my master in Bologna (italy), having loads of fun with other international students. But, as you see, I'm still nerdy enough to want to recall memories of internet forum days. So how've you guys been?

Odd, how after having once spent two years of your life completely wasting your time spamming some gaming forum, four years later this is the only thing google finds when you type in your name.

(In)Fame is a short-lived thing.

I'd be surprised if one of you even remembered me.

Ahem... :)

Anyway, if someone does, how've you been?

Same jerk as always.

As for me, after I got banned from the interplay forums for some reason I don't remember,...

Getting into Black Isle's old board and editing some of your old posts to something questionable involving babies. :)

I could repost it here but that would get us both banned.

I actually got a life. Maybe it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Afterwards, I finished my bachelor wih credit, and now I'm doing my master in Bologna (italy), having loads of fun with other international students.

That's just outstanding Caelis. Good on you. What's your degree in?

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I'd be surprised if one of you even remembered me. Anyway, if someone does, how've you been? As for me, after I got banned from the interplay forums for some reason I don't remember, I actually got a life. Maybe it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Afterwards, I finished my bachelor wih credit, and now I'm doing my master in Bologna (italy), having loads of fun with other international students. But, as you see, I'm still nerdy enough to want to recall memories of internet forum days. So how've you guys been?

Hey, snookums.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta