Dave Maldonado working on StarCraft: Ghost

funcroc

http://www.blizzcon.com/panel.shtml

Blizzcon Panel Discussion

One of the key features of BlizzCon will be the opportunity to attend developer panel discussions conducted by members of different teams at Blizzard. As part of the discussions, BlizzCon attendees will get a chance to learn more about how Blizzard games are made and be able to pose questions to the panels. Below is a list of the panel topics and the Blizzard teams that will be participating.

StarCraft: Ghost

Expanding the StarCraft Universe

Panel includes:

Chris Metzen, Vice President of Creative Development

Steve Ranck, Vice President of Console Development

Dave Maldonado, StarCraft: Ghost Senior Game Designer

Why no PC version? I still can't fathom the reasoning behind that move. Starcraft is a PC game, so why do I have to go out and buy a console to find out where the story goes?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Holy cow, so untrue, Darque. Consoles aren't better gaming machines. I enjoy my xbox, don't get me wrong. I've been impressed by the Game Cubes and PS2s I've played. ...But my computer has better games.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Dave Maldonado was also lead designer of TORN. Fantasy game based on their own fantasy world using modified special rule set and lithtech engine. I had so high hopes for that game... *sigh*

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Holy cow, so untrue, Darque.  Consoles aren't better gaming machines.  I enjoy my xbox, don't get me wrong. I've been impressed by the Game Cubes and PS2s I've played.  ...But my computer has better games.

Umm... yeah, sure. :)

The evidence tends to favor me though.

until i'm holding the finished product in my hands, i'm not getting my hopes up <_<

didn't they start this back in 2002 or something?

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Holy cow, so untrue, Darque.  Consoles aren't better gaming machines.  I enjoy my xbox, don't get me wrong. I've been impressed by the Game Cubes and PS2s I've played.  ...But my computer has better games.

Umm... yeah, sure. :lol:

The evidence tends to favor me though.

OMFG U CANT RgU W/a MOD!!111!!eleven!!11! U R R0

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Good for him. I'm hope he is happy there working on that game... and that he doesn't slow things down by over doing it like he did in IWD2.

If he slowed down IWD II I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Blizzard runs on their own timeline, and I can't think of any "bad" products they've released. Even if your not a fan of the genre they tackle, their games tend to be pretty far above the rest.

After saying that, I have to say, I haven't been impressed by the looks of Ghost. I own an Xbox, but I usually only play sports games own it. I would rather see this on my PC, but if the reviews are good I might grab it.

Consoles are easier to design games for, but the PC is still the king of gaming. The PC market is in a constant stage of technological improvement. When a console is released, technology stands still.

Well, there's a chance I'll pick up the title. I tend to like BG:DA style games, golf games, and role playing games like KotOR1/2 and Jade Empire for the console.

I haven't tried a game like Ghost for the xbox yet, so I don't know what to expect. Still, a good game is going to be... well... good, regardless of platform.

Holy consoles, Batman!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Nihilistic started on this game, while Blizzard was just going to produce. Then Nihilistic got fired, and this game has been in production hell for some time.

The people who have seen the demos say the game has gotten progressively worse with each iteration, and that despite the name, the game will feature no Stealth and is really a generic FPS game crudely set in the Starcraft universe.

Still interested?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php?date=2004-06-23&res=l

An adventure game set on(obviously) Azeroth. You were going to take the role of Thrall in your quest to unite the clans. It was made in the style of good ol'adventure Lucas/Sierra games. Pre-drawn backrounds and animated comic characters. Looked wonderful, but Blizzard killed the project(or was it Vivendi Universal?).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds