KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

hello,

i don't know if this idea has been mentioned before, but heregoes;

5 years after what happened in kotor2 the jedi order is rebuilding itself, on coruscant some yoda like jedi master senses a great disturbance in the force and orders two jedi knights (could be characters from the previous games) to investigate this.

Then you see a samesort of intro of a sithlord on korriban who senses great power and orders his apprentice to retrieve this powerful sentient..

next thing that happens is the two jedi's arrive ad the planet and to their great suprise they discover that the great disturbance is a six year old boy.

in a dialoque they try to convince his parents to give the boy to yhe order so he can be trained in the ways of the jedi, this will not work so the two jedi leave, but as they turn around they see a sith standing before them.

because of the suprise one of the jedi is slain immediately the other is pushed on the ground.

Now a dialoque screen appears in which you (the player) decide to kill the jedi by dropping a large object(swoopbike?) on him or to forcepush the sith away so that the jedi recovers himself and kill the sith in a duel.

if you chose sith ;

your parents get killed on the spot by force choke and you are taken to korriban where you will begin your training as sith apprentice after a series of sith missions a cutscene appears in which you will become about 20 years of age and you are granted the rank of sith marauder again some events take place in which you will probably kill your master (the one that killed your parents) and destroy the jedi order and the republic again a cutscene appears in which you are becoming 30 years of age and becoming sith lord it also shows you leaving to the unknown regions to fight and kill the only ones whom could devy your power: revan and the exile.

after a series of missions you will confront them and discover that there is a sith armada waiting to invade republic space(luckely you already irradicated most of the jedi order and the republic so an invasion would be alot easier)

In the end sequence it shows you winning this invasion and becoming emperor.

if you chose jedi the same principals of progress will apply only your parents still live and you will be named jedi knight and at last jedi master instead and strengthening the order and the republic so the upcoming invasion can be thwarted. and instead of going to the unknown region in search of power you will go to explore the threat.

ADD ON;

- more and different non playable characters(in the first 2 games everybody looked and talked the same)

- far better graphics

- scripts and clipping faults eradicated; on dantooine in both games movement and sound are really crap

- the physics of the game have to be dealt with for instance when hanharr picked up mira on malachor he took her above the head while she crabbed her troath.

-a satisfying endsequence

- learn force and lightsaber - techniques by jedimasters/sithlords and sith/jedi holocrons instead of in a menu

-choose the appearance of your lightsaber

-there will be jedi/sith -weaponmasters scatered around the galaxy who have the ability to polish the crystals of your lightsaber and upgrading your other melee,ranged or armour equipment after completing sidequests for them

-no more spike or repair parts ; you or one of your companions skill in computer or repair determines if you succeed in a certain action

-lightsidepoints or darkside points are not so easily gained in this game for example when you Are jedi you begin as a padawan after a series of missions in which you gained your ls points and exp. the game asks you if you want to become a jedi knight and so on.note; if you have more ds points you become a marauder and you will flee to korriban

thanks for reading this idea and sorry it was so long :">

hello mothman,

first of all thanks for reading my post (i can only hope that some bigshot developer is going to read it to so that they don't make an exact copie of the first two games)

what do you mean by customizing your character ? cause i'm not sure i understand what you mean

do you mean development in alignment, feats, powers or skill?

and i agree throwing in some romance would soften the game a little bit :shifty:

hello! :D I've seen longer posts, believe me.

I'm saying that if you already give the player exp. and LS/DS points in the beginning, you give the player less of a chance to go and earn the points themselves and adjust the character's alignment. It sort of takes away from the ability to customize your character entirely on your own. And if you give them fewer opportunities to earn LS/DS points, than it's be harder to adjust alignment and earn a mastery in either alignment. And if you happen to have to earn points opposite your alignment in the game (say, to complete a mission, which happened to me a couple times in both games), it'd be harder to make up those points since you don't have as many chances to earn those points back. :shifty:

Get any of that? I hope that's not confusing. :lol:

By the way, for those of you who are talking about losing limbs, I think we can all forget about that ever happening. Keep dreaming.

Edited by Mothman

I want a love story in KOTOR III make everyone forget about Anakin and Padme.

I'd've loved to have seen Atton and the Exile have a moment where they :shifty: . If something like that happens in III I want it to be on Naboo (since I think it's been said somewhere that Naboo is arguably the most beautiful planet in the galaxy). And maybe Revan and Bastila could have something similar if the two were to reunite (if it's established that Revan is LS).

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

If my PC is going to lose a limb, I want it to be Darth Vader style where everything gets chopped off and I'm reborn as a mechanical monster just so after the cutscene plays I can sit in front of my computer screen and yell "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I want KOTOR 3 to be all like

"Bshhhhshhh"- Makes explosion noise while wiggling fingers.

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

i think you misunderstood me :)

your character development will only be more realistic and if you read the last part of my post you see that you can turn to good or evil only it takes just as in real life more time to turn from a real bad guy to a tree hugging kinda guy for example

you choose jedi you begin as a padawan then you do al the dark things(or most of them) to become a sith marauder and go to korriban for your training to become sith lord.

so ds and ls -points become more of a score (20 ds against 30 lightside points for instance)

and if i'm not mistaken in the previous kotor games you also couldn't change your allignment in a heartbeat it took a considerable about of time(besides inf. ds/ls -point cheats) to gain ds or ls mastery.

and if you talked with kreia to become more powerful to witstand the sith threat you had to choose what you wanted to be a sentinel, weaponmaster, or a jedi master

or the darkside choices.

i don't think that there was great gameplay value to this choice it only restricted you to choose your powers and your capabilities.

in my version of the game you can pick your powers /feats /skills yourself without restrictions when you talk to weaponmasters (whom are scattered over the entire kotor universe) instead of some menu.

attributes will grow on demand (if you recieve more damage than your dexterity will grow higher , if you use a lot of ds powers when you are ls your charisma will grow and so on...)

i hope i made that clear to you (w00t)

i think you misunderstood me  :wub:

your character development will only be more realistic  and if you read the last part of my post you see that you can turn to good or evil only it takes just as in real life more time to turn from a real bad guy to a tree hugging kinda guy for example

you choose jedi  you begin as a padawan then you do al the dark things(or most of them) to become a sith marauder and go to korriban for your training to become sith lord.

so ds and ls -points become more of a score (20 ds against 30 lightside points for instance)

and if i'm not mistaken in the previous kotor games you also couldn't change your allignment in a heartbeat it took a considerable about of time(besides inf. ds/ls -point cheats) to gain ds or ls mastery.

and if you talked with kreia to become more powerful to witstand the sith threat you had to choose what you wanted to be  a sentinel, weaponmaster, or a jedi master

or the darkside choices.

i don't think that there was great gameplay value to this choice it only restricted you to choose your powers  and your capabilities.

in my version of the game you can pick your powers /feats /skills  yourself without restrictions when you talk to weaponmasters (whom are scattered over the entire kotor universe) instead of some menu.

attributes will grow on demand (if you recieve more damage than your dexterity  will grow higher , if you use a lot of ds powers when you are ls your charisma will grow and so on...)

i hope i made that clear to you  (w00t)

Aaahh...I see now. Cool idea. :) Only other problem I'd have with that is that the game would eventually end up taking place over 20 years after K2 (after your character grows up), but that's my preference. I'd rather have it take place sooner. Unless, maybe, the prologue took place during either K1 or K2, that might make it interesting.

oh i don't think 20 years is a biggie, i believe yoda became 900 years old :D

i like the growing up thing to be quit honest because one of many things i missed in kotor 2 were the consequences of your actions .

for instance when you helped the ithorians to restore harmony / helped czerka on telos you never got to see if your actions made any difference and you never saw it in the surroundings.

with the growing up feature added you could see a beautiful world or a devastating graveyard world and the npc's loving you /hate you and respect/fear you for what you did when you were young... :cool:

How about this:

In KOTOR III you are Hanharr and the whole game you are trying to kill Mira, who sports a green lightsaber and her rocket-launcher wrist. You travel to places like Kashyyyk and Nar Shaddaa and Alderaan. The game could feature two endings: If you die in the final fight against Mira, she goes on and continues her activities, saving the lives of so many people. If you kill Mira, your life-debt is over and you collect on her bounty (since she is a Jedi), and Hanharr becomes a feared and celebrated bounty hunter.

:)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

How about this:

In KOTOR III you are Hanharr and the whole game you are trying to kill Mira, who sports a green lightsaber and her rocket-launcher wrist. You travel to places like Kashyyyk and Nar Shaddaa and Alderaan. The game could feature two endings: If you die in the final fight against Mira, she goes on and continues her activities, saving the lives of so many people. If you kill Mira, your life-debt is over and you collect on her bounty (since she is a Jedi), and Hanharr becomes a feared and celebrated bounty hunter.

While I know you're joking, I think a bounty hunter side story such as the Mira/Hanharr one would have made a pretty cool expansion disk or add on. Maybe another 10 hours of game play where you play as either Hanharr or Mira and travel to different worlds acting as a bounty hunter.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

How about this:

While I know you're joking, I think a bounty hunter side story such as the Mira/Hanharr one would have made a pretty cool expansion disk or add on. Maybe another 10 hours of game play where you play as either Hanharr or Mira and travel to different worlds acting as a bounty hunter.

If you're Mira I want her to be the FS post-KOTOR II Mira

DAWUSS

IIRC Mira can spare Hanharr at Malachor, so he would still be alive and he would still want the redhead dead

DAWUSS

While I know you're joking, I think a bounty hunter side story such as the Mira/Hanharr one would have made a pretty cool expansion disk or add on.  Maybe another 10 hours of game play where you play as either Hanharr or Mira and travel to different worlds acting as a bounty hunter.

That is actually quite a good idea IMO too, although i would change it to a prelude kind of game to K2, so Mira and Hanharr dont know anything about the Exile and Kreia and such, and are still normal bounty hunters and hunting for each other.

*shrugs*

I actually thought afterwards would be better, since you'd have an added challenge trying to fight Mira since she could use her Force powers on you, and you lack Jedi abilities. Imagine while you're trying to fight her, she would Force Push you, knocking you flat on your butt only to get up to dodge a lightsaber swing.

DAWUSS

Maybe it's just my own wishful thinking for a Star Wars RPG that doesn't have Jedi/Sith as the focal point.

I'm itching to play as a non-Jedi and face against non-Jedi enemies.

Maybe it's just my own wishful thinking for a Star Wars RPG that doesn't have Jedi/Sith as the focal point.

I've always thought that too, to have a KotOR-type game, with being able to play as a non-jedi against non-jedi's as you said, without being too SWGalaxies style game.

Same here, but we both know that will never happen.  Force = Big Buck$, in LA's eyes.

I don't really understand why that'd be the case. Battlefront seems to sell alright, and so did Republic Commando (I'm assuming). I think it's one of those unfounded fears that Lucasarts has, but that really doesn't have solid evidence to back it up.

The K-3 thread now ran away!

Bravely ran away away!

When mods did show their thoughtful head,

it bravely turned its tail and fled;

Yes, and also now the game's in doubt

So gallantly it chickened out!

(many monty python fans out there.......)

As much as I like Monty Python, please keep the spam, spam, glorious spam out of this thread, lest you be pelted with dead animals by French knights. :blink:

You want spam? I'll give you spam. *Visceris begins to sing*

Dark Side Jesus, sing this song! Doo dah, doo dah!

Dark Side Jesus, sing this song! Oh, the doo dah day!

Use your force powers to kill us all! Doo dah, doo dah!

Force lightning up the arse will have me screaming all the doo dah day!

Well, the way LA has created the universe, you'd be toast against a Jedi opponent ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT