HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY!

Normally I am a self-involved cynic with nothing better to do than be unpleasant but I have some happy news and it has nothing to do with car insurance.

When I started my new job back in February I weighed at a lard-arse 340 pounds. Five months later I am now 290 pounds. Losing 10 pounds a month seems a rather healthy way of doing it and I am very happy about the progress, but now its time to take the next step.

Starting tomorrow I am going to walk to and from work instead of taking the bus. It would be a good 3 mile walk round trip. If I don't kill myself by Wednesday I'll keep doing it.

My goal is to be around 240 around December and be at my goal weight of 190 by next summer. At that point I will no longer be so self conscious about my appearance and have the confidence to date again. ;)

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yes, I am still self involved cynic, but currently a much happier self-involved cynic.

Harvey

Just a bit of advice on the exercise: the body initially reacts in a contra-indicated manner (meaning: it rebels at the extra work), so you will need some time to teach it that this new regime is in fact the real state, and that all the previous lack of movement was the unnormal state.

Give it two weeks, and the second week will be worse than the first few days, as you hit the bottom of your reserves and have to fight to keep up. After that, it's all gravy (metaphorically speaking, of course): you'll look different in the mirror, and you'll get some energy back; you won't need to sleep as long at night, and you'll sleep more efficiently.

All good news.

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Good God, man, you needed to lose that weight. Keep up the good work. I need to lose some weight myself. I'd be ecstatic to lose 40 pounds. I'm a big fellow, so 200 pounds isn't considered overweight. 240 sure as hell is, though.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Indeed.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Im 64 kilogram at 180cm so Im sort of on the opposite end.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Oh noes; I weigh 9 kilos more than Kafty! And I'm only 182 cm.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

are you on crack?

ALL the time.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have to chip in and say well done. People who have always been fit don't realise how hard it is to make the break into a completely different pattern and lose weight/get fitter. I made the jump from never having done any exercise to running and so on at 18. I have to admit that I cheated slightly by getting drunk then running around. It's probably a dumb idea, but it worked for me. I eventually graduated to running without the influence, and never looked back.

Note: for some reason I still run around when I get really drunk. This is again pretty stupid. But it does save on cab fair.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Congrats on your progress thus far.

As mentioned before, your body will rebel initially against any new exercise regime. Before you begin any new exercise, stretch and drink plenty of water. You are going to partially tear muscles on a small level, but the next day after your first walk-out you will really feel the lactic acid build up.

Stretching and drinking water will help prevent you from being really sore the next day.

I went from uber-physical marine to a total mouse potato. Then on the fourth of July I played some kickball and football. Even though I drank tons of water, I was still sore three days later.

I have to chip in and say well done. People who have always been fit don't realise how hard it is to make the break into a completely different pattern and lose weight/get fitter. I made the jump from never having done any exercise to running and so on at 18. I have to admit that I cheated slightly by getting drunk then running around. It's probably a dumb idea, but it worked for me. I eventually graduated to running without the influence, and never looked back.

Note: for some reason I still run around when I get really drunk. This is again pretty stupid. But it does save on cab fair.

A lot of ex-heroine addicts have become (quite successful) long distance runners. This is because the endorphins released by running (because you're body is in terrible pain) have a similar effect to the opiates. So one sort of (unhealthy) addiction (heroine) is replaced by a much healthier one (long distance running).

I knew a friend of a friend who used to run everywhere, eschewing taxis. 20km? No problem. Run with a little backpack, get there after a couple of hours, and then enjoy the place and then leave.

(Of course, any schedule-dependent activities require appropriate adjustments in lead-times.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ender has a point, which I didn't mention. I pushed myself way to hard eventually, and injured my joints quite badly. I am still undergoing physio for it. However, keep your objectives gradual and give yourself time to adjust. Any progress is worthwhile. Also, if I was you I'd forget the objective of losing weight per se. So long as you are physically fit, and never get tired in daily life I'd say that was a good objective.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.