Conspiracies: Are they real?

11XHooah

I think this forum needs a good conspiracy thread. I have always found them intriguing. I'll start off with a discussion of aliens, but feel free to discuss others as well.

I just saw a documentary on aliens on the history channel last night, and they were interviewing abductees and investigating the events at Area 51. Now, it would be ignorant to say that there is no other life in the universe, because that couldn't possibly be true. But I am very skeptical when it comes to abductees. I just have a really hard time believing there stories because they sound like a load of b.s. to me. So what do you guys think? Do you believe that the U.S. government is studying captured aliens at Area 51? Do you think that the recent wave of technology stemmed from alien technology? Do you think they are actually abducting humans and using them for reproductive experiments?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I think if our government had a secret base to conduct such experiment, then we certainly would have no idea where it was

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think if our government had a secret base to conduct such experiment, then we certainly would have no idea where it was

Agreed. When it comes to keeping secrets, the US Military knows what they're doing. Heck, any decent military does. I figure let them do what they need to do and let us see the finished products. The public can't know about top secret projects because it could put the project at risk. As long as they're not trying to open interdeminsional portals (we know how that always ends), I'm okay. You want to talk world domination, I'm willing to bet more evil stems from huge corporations than governments. Because we all know deep down that Bill Gates controls everything. :ph34r:

sig2.gif

Yeah. Everyone with half a brain knows that MJ12 rules the world from the shadows. They will probably get my post deleted and my account banned within the hour.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

What are you talking about there? The 12 Jewish bankers or what?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Oh ya I remember watching a documentary about them in highschool.

Agreed. When it comes to keeping secrets, the US Military knows what they're doing. Heck, any decent military does. I figure let them do what they need to do and let us see the finished products. The public can't know about top secret projects because it could put the project at risk. As long as they're not trying to open interdeminsional portals (we know how that always ends), I'm okay. You want to talk world domination, I'm willing to bet more evil stems from huge corporations than governments. Because we all know deep down that Bill Gates controls everything. :ph34r:

maybe they have a secret underground facillity like the one in Kotor2.

i think that any conspiracies use people like you to get people to speculate so disinformation is spread and therefor hiding their true purpose.

Oddly i'm writing a story about something like this. o:)

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

I dont think man landed on the moon.......

It just gets me how no one has ever been back since?????

I remember reading about something on this. Supposively it was all set up in a studio at Area 51 or something like that.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

i think that any conspiracies use people like you to get people to speculate so disinformation is sperd and therefor hiding their true purpose.

Oddly i'm writing a story about something like this.  o:)

Is this in reference to me? ;) Because I don't really believe in any of the conspiracies. I think they are interesting, but I take them with a grain of salt. I just wanted to know what you guys thought about all the ones that are floating around these days.

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Ummm i must say that the Illuminati did exist but they were a very violent sort that ended up getting their heads handed to them (Literally) I wonder what Bob Page thinks of all this talk of Meta for that matter (where has he been these past few day's he just kinda poofed into thin air/electrons...)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

i think that any conspiracies use people like you to get people to speculate so disinformation is spread and therefor hiding their true purpose.

Oddly i'm writing a story about something like this.  o:)

Is this in reference to me? :- Because I don't really believe in any of the conspiracies. I think they are interesting, but I take them with a grain of salt. I just wanted to know what you guys thought about all the ones that are floating around these days.

:ph34r: but you also got us started on this, so you are spreading it. But yeah i believe that there are grains of truth in them and mostly bs

oh and i agree with you Calax

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

I remember reading about something on this. Supposively it was all set up in a studio at Area 51 or something like that.

Pretty much.

There is some pretty wonky stuff with the filming of it (shadows from all directions instead of one like studio lighting versus the sun, some of the camera crosshairs behind the astronauts rather than in front of them like they were painted on a backdrop.

I figure even if the video was fake, we did go there, as there's way too many people involved to keep quiet. I think it's somewhat plausible that due to technical difficulties (namely satellite tech was crap back then) that they shot a film to give the taxpayers something pretty to watch so they didn't feel like all their monies were wasted.

Still iffy though, and I'm no expert on moon landings by any stretch of the imagination.

Actually, we did go back, several times. After Apollo 11, we went back in Apollos 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17.

As to why we didn't go back after that, well, going to the moon is just a tad expensive. That may have had something to do with it. Also, in case you have forgotten, we are going back to the moon, and considering even setting up a permanent presence there, as a springboard for going to Mars.

The moon landings happened. Think about it, it's really the only thing that makes sense. How many hundreds, if not thousands of people would it take to fake a moon landing? Why hasn't one come forward? The Soviets would have been monitoring the Apollo spacecraft just as much as the Americans would have been. If there hadn't been a moon landing, the soviets would have known. Further, the US military is good at keeping secrets, but the Soviets were as good, if not better, at finding them out. The chances that not even one of those hundreds or thousands of people was a communist spy seem miniscule to me. If there had been a fake staging of the moon landing, the soviets would have known.

The second the Soviets realised this by either of those methods, you'd have heard gloating statements like "Ha ha! Styupid Amyericans and their Capitalist running dogs cyannot even land probe on moon! By fyaking their landing, they hyave proven that they are consigned to the ash heap of hyistory! We will bury them!" from here to the moon.

There are good explanations for just about every supposed inconsistency in the moon landing pictures, and even if there weren't, why is it that everyone can see them except the huge number of the best photographic experts who would have worked on the project? If the moon landings were faked, the supposed proof of it would lead me to believe that they were faked by some newly recruited cadet in his back garden, not a team of the best military experts of the time.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I agree about the conspiracy threads. Provided no-one gets too steamed they can be a lot of fun.

Firstly I should say that i don't believe in conspiracies, or I should say that I don't believe in succesful conspiracies involving more than three people. In my experience if you involve more than three people in anything it leaks. Four can go on not leaking for a while, but it will eventually leak. So, do I believe that some conspiracy that had to involve hundreds of people can have not leaked to a credible deegree after more than ten years, I say no.

However, chatting about maybe conspiracies is fun.

Personally I am tempted to disbelieve the moon landings more than any other conspiracy.

1. I have met Michael Collins, and he seemed like a great guy. But he did not seem to have any emotional connection to his trip to the Moon. This struck me as odd.

2. The American moon landing occurred without much build-up. But it did occur just a few weeks before the Soviets were due to land on the moon. The Soviets DID have a credible build up. The suggestion is that the Americans had a political necessity to be on the Moon first.

3. Spacecraft en route to the moon have to pass through a belt of deadly radiation called the Van Allen Belt. Apollo 11 did not have sufficient shielding to protect its passengers from this radiation, because when Apollo 11 happened no-one knew the belt was there. Yet the crew sufferred no apparent ill-effects.

4. An unusually high number of persons associated with the project have died since its completion.

5. Contact was lost with the module for a substantial portion of its flight.

6. Although thousands of people would have to be involved in lofting the module into space one does not need thousands to know that it did not actually land. It could have just gone up, and come back down. the signals 'from the moon' did not necessarily have to come from there.

~

But like I say, just a bit of fun.

~

What i find completely unbelievable are things like the Princess Di conspiracy theory.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I would say it was the other way around; that if such a project existed and has since 1947, we would certainly have heard all about it by now.

I dont believe that there is any intelligent life besides us in our galaxy, the odds are just too small even on such a grand scale.

A much jucier mystery is the assassination of JFK :-"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"Back and to the left"

I didn't mention that one, because it is a conspiracy that HAS leaked. :-

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's amazing how the US military is able to keep all this stuff secret, and yet news about Abu Graib and various other human rights abuses in Iraq got out. Or perhaps the US military released the info on purpose... :ph34r:

The Moon landings theory that was doing the rounds last year was the flag, which appeared in the photograph to be blowing in the wind, even though this wouldn't occur on the moon. I think NASA explained it as a flaw in the flag's material so it got snagged on itself. A likely story. :-

There's always the bombing of the Chinese embassy in Yugoslavia. Anyone believe that was an accident?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Pretty much.

There is some pretty wonky stuff with the filming of it (shadows from all directions instead of one like studio lighting versus the sun, some of the camera crosshairs behind the astronauts rather than in front of them like they were painted on a backdrop.

There

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

There's always the bombing of the Chinese embassy in Yugoslavia.  Anyone believe that was an accident?

Let me put it this way; it was as much as accident as the A-10 Warthog airstrikes against the Al-Jazeera office in Bagdad April 8, 2003 and previously in Kabul November 13, 2001 :-

But thats really too obvious to qualify as a conspiracy, so I think its disqualified from this thread.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

How about bigfoot? :D Nah, I think that is too dumb to be a conspiracy. But do you think that it is real, or just some dumb craze? It seems to have lasted for a good amount of time now. It doesn't make sense that some people would invest in so much scientific equipment and research to chase something fake though. :-

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--