Conspiracies: Are they real?

11XHooah

1. I have met Michael Collins, and he seemed like a great guy. But he did not seem to have any emotional connection to his trip to the Moon. This struck me as odd.

Fair enough. That may just be your impression, or Michael Collins might just not have an emotional connection to his trip.

2. The American moon landing occurred without much build-up. But it did occur just a few weeks before the Soviets were due to land on the moon. The Soviets DID have a credible build up. The suggestion is that the Americans had a political necessity to be on the Moon first.

So if you were the leader of the Soviet Union, wouldn't you consider that a lot more than suspicious? Evidently, the Soviets weren't bothered enough by the possibility that the moon landings were faked to voice them, which is especially curious because any evidence that the US had faked their landings would be quite possibly the biggest propaganda coup in the history of mankind.

3. Spacecraft en route to the moon have to pass through a belt of deadly radiation called the Van Allen Belt. Apollo 11 did not have sufficient shielding to protect its passengers from this radiation, because when Apollo 11 happened no-one knew the belt was there. Yet the crew sufferred no apparent ill-effects.

Apparently, the Apollo astronauts passed through the van allen belt fast enough that the amount of radiation they absorbed was miniscule compared to the levels needed to have noticeable effects. As I understand it, passing through the belts at the speed they did would amount to an exposure of 1 rem. Unless I'm mistaken, you don't notice any effects without 25 of them.

4. An unusually high number of persons associated with the project have died since its completion.

Well, maybe the van allen belts killed them. :lol:

But seriously, if true I'd call it a coincidence, but is it? Just how many people are we talking about, and what did they die of?

5. Contact was lost with the module for a substantial portion of its flight.

Which would strike me as something which would not happen if they were being faked. If you'd expect the module to stay in constant contact with mission control were it not being faked, why wouldn't the hoaxers make sure the module stayed in constant contact? Professional Military fakers with million dollar budgets wouldn't leave all these "errors" on one of the most historical fakes/events in human history. Besides, wouldn't this be result of passing behind the moon?

6. Although thousands of people would have to be involved in lofting the module into space one does not need thousands to know that it did not actually land. It could have just gone up, and come back down. the signals 'from the moon' did not necessarily have to come from there.

What about the soviet satellite operators, as well as any soviets who might have happened to be in space, as well as any American satellite operators who were not briefied on the project, and the people in mission control, especially the ones monitoring the thing's position, all of whom would be aware if the module was not progressing to the moon, and the camera crews at the faking site, the astronauts, the ones setting up the site, the sound crew, the lighting crew, the people who made the props, etc. etc.. All of them would have known the landings were being faked.

What i find completely unbelievable are things like the Princess Di conspiracy theory.

Agreed, no one would deliberately inflict an entire week of only Princess Diana programs on my country unless they were more evil than Hitler. Since I do not believe said person could exist, it must have been an accident. :D :lol:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

JFK isn't dead hes actually ruling the world from his command center in arlington Nat'l Cemetary... :lol:"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah. Everyone with half a brain knows that MJ12 rules the world from the shadows. They will probably get my post deleted and my account banned within the hour.

you've probably alredy been assassinated and you are now actually an MIB posting in disguise... :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

1. I have met Michael Collins, and he seemed like a great guy. But he did not seem to have any emotional connection to his trip to the Moon. This struck me as odd.

it was over 40 years ago.

2. The American moon landing occurred without much build-up. But it did occur just a few weeks before the Soviets were due to land on the moon. The Soviets DID have a credible build up. The suggestion is that the Americans had a political necessity to be on the Moon first.

? we did have a political necessity, and kennedy made it very clear, publicly. we also had a HUGE build-up. it took years and we spent billions.

3. Spacecraft en route to the moon have to pass through a belt of deadly radiation called the Van Allen Belt. Apollo 11 did not have sufficient shielding to protect its passengers from this radiation, because when Apollo 11 happened no-one knew the belt was there. Yet the crew sufferred no apparent ill-effects.

already been disproved over and over and over again. van allen himself has said that you'd have to be in the dangerous area for a few days. the astronauts went through it in less than an hour.

4. An unusually high number of persons associated with the project have died since its completion.

over 40 years ago. experienced project leaders were already in their 40s and 50s at the time, putting them over 80-90 now. people grow old and die.

5. Contact was lost with the module for a substantial portion of its flight.

these guys were 400,000 km from earth, on the other side of the horribly ionized van allen belt (you used it earlier but ignore it now) and we had just first started putting satellites in low earth orbit. this is hardly evidence, it was actually not a surprise.

6. Although thousands of people would have to be involved in lofting the module into space one does not need thousands to know that it did not actually land. It could have just gone up, and come back down. the signals 'from the moon' did not necessarily have to come from there.

other than all the evidence. lets see, film, pictures, rock samples (1000 lbs. i think) oh, and also the mirror they put on the moon to reflect light that is used regularly to verify the speed of light (among other things).

Moon hoax debunked.

By the way, the badastronomy site uses SCIENCE to debunk this one. not conjecture, flawed logic and outright fabrications unlike most HBers (hoax believers).

But like I say, just a bit of fun.

it's big business, actually. oh, btw, the guy that started the whole hoax thing, bill kaysing, died recently.

taks

There is some pretty wonky stuff with the filming of it (shadows from all directions instead of one like studio lighting versus the sun, some of the camera crosshairs behind the astronauts rather than in front of them like they were painted on a backdrop. 

shadows fall in all different directions even here on the earth, with only the sun as the light source. the crosshairs appeared behind due to over saturation of the film. basically, the cameras' exposures were adjusted for the grey features of the moon and the bright white suits reflected too much light into the aperture. a common problem with high contrast pictures.

I figure even if the video was fake, we did go there, as there's way too many people involved to keep quiet.  I think it's somewhat plausible that due to technical difficulties (namely satellite tech was crap back then) that they shot a film to give the taxpayers something pretty to watch so they didn't feel like all their monies were wasted.

uh, no, not even plausible. the evidence is overwhelmingly against such a farce. as you noted, there were literally 10s of thousands of people working on this and none have come forward. this type of secret could not be kept with a crowd that large.

Still iffy though, and I'm no expert on moon landings by any stretch of the imagination.

that's why i posted the link above...

taks

I think NASA explained it as a flaw in the flag's material so it got snagged on itself.  A likely story. :)

uh, no, NASA never said that. if you look at the film, it quite clearly shows them trying to push it into the ground - rock. twisting and all that caused the flag to wiggle about. since there's no atmosphere on the moon, there's nothing to dampen the waves that went through it. when it finally does stop, it is still, almost stiff (there is a stiffener bar in the top to hold the flag up).

taks

Stop it! You're making me want to install Deus Ex for the billionth time!

do it or i shall smite thee with my holy cd of sharpness (a Deus Ex disk with razor edges) I'm surprised that they didn't put a JFK refrence in Deus..

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

you've probably alredy been assassinated and you are now actually an MIB posting in disguise...  :shifty:

Why, please ignore all that nonsense I posted earlier about this so-called "MJ12". I must have been under the effect of nearly lethal amounts of illegal substances.

MIBs? Assassinations? No, no. I am perfectly fine. In fact now that I have realized that there are no such thing as world-spanning conspiracies I feel greatly relieved.

This is what I meant by Majestic 12.

I just beat it again and it gets better each time. :cool:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Ummm i must  say that the Illuminati did exist but they were a very violent sort that ended up getting their heads handed to them (Literally) I wonder what Bob Page thinks of all this talk of Meta for that matter (where has he been these past few day's he just kinda poofed into thin air/electrons...)

I've been playing Grim Fandango.

Here is Area 51:

(Look it up yourself, go to http://maps.google.com/ and search for Rachel, Nevada. Then zoom in on the satellite images and you can see it.)

:shifty:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just beat it again and it gets better each time. :cool:

I have been trying to coerce myself into the sequel for a couple of weeks, but I keep losing interest. I shall try one more time after I finish Grim Fantango, and then re-install the original. :shifty:)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I dont get it, what's so good about DeusEx ? :shifty:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Play it until the end credits, then come back and ask.

You BLASPHEMER! *slaps Kaftan with his picklehaube*

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There's always the bombing of the Chinese embassy in Yugoslavia.  Anyone believe that was an accident?

I don't think it's beyond the capacity of US intelligence* to get something like that wrong. I just happen to think the Chinese were due for a slap after the spying scandal broke.

Thanks for the info about the van allen and so on. I never said I was an expert.

And I obviously know they are getting old, fethwit :shifty: I simply meant that they had been expiring in odd ways. I didn't bother to find out what ways, because frankly I don't think it would turn out to be anything significant.

*Or anyone's intelligence, to be fair.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just happen to think the Chinese were due for a slap after the spying scandal broke.

Three people died in that 'slap'. :angry:

That's how the game is played. A great many more people have died in 'slaps', and a great many more will. *shrugs* C'est la vie.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just saw this thing on TV that was about El Chupacabra. That's some freaky sh*t.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I know what you mean about el chupacabra. Very very peculiar. On the other hand, people do far stranger things every day...

-Elwood Blues

I just saw this thing on TV that was about El Chupacabra. That's some freaky sh*t.

Wouldn't want to be anywhere near those suckers, unless i was armed with fully automated and loaded Gatling Gun. :cool:

Well, you obviously haven't read anything about Mothman. (I know, big surprise coming from me) And no, I'm not from Point Pleasant. But the stuff going on over there with Mothman was pretty weird. Some people speculated he was a demon, but most believe he was connected with UFO's. One reason was because he often appeared around UFO sightings.

Supposedly he could fly without flapping his wings at speeds of over 100 mph! And his red eyes supposedly had some hypnotic effect that caused intense fear in whoever looked at them. Strangest of all, in the Silver bridge collapse, a number of those killed were Mothman witnesses (though I can't remember the exact number). But that's only some of the strange stuff about what happened. :rolleyes: Pretty freaky, huh?