Misty Eyed Movie Moments

jaguars4ever

My sister forced me to watch some of her less than intellectual movies. I cried when they ended...because I was so happy to be free again. (w00t)

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

My sister forced me to watch some of her less than intellectual movies. I cried when they ended...because I was so happy to be free again.  (w00t)

That can also happen if you watch too many French films at once. They are peculiarly quirky, what with lots of ugly people having sex and discussing the consequences in endless permutations, but they are generally more fulfilling than ten films from Hollywood.

Go and watch "The Piano Teacher" if you haven't already.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Talking of sport...

I got misty eyed when I saw 'A League of Their Own'...

I also got equally misty eyed watching that other Madonna movie known as 'Swept Away'... how I cried for Guy Ritchie's career...

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Talking of sport...

I got misty eyed when I saw 'A League of Their Own'...

I also got equally misty eyed watching that other Madonna movie known as 'Swept Away'... how I cried for Guy Ritchie's career...

What's funny is Madge really wants to be a good actress, and she's terrible. Acting is all about empathy, and she has no truck with anyone else's pov. She plays Madonna in each film.

Meh, Guy Ritchie was lucky and is totally overrated.

I did like A Legue of Their Own, too. :thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Two movies made me cry in recent years. But for all the wrong reasons. I shed a tear because I thought the shows were that bad and I'll never get that time back. They were the village and the blair witch project.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Ironically enough, Morgan Freeman plays himself in every film...and he's an outstanding actor.

But when the day comes that some sadistic producer casts him as something else, he's toast! ;)"

I heard Al Pacino succeeded in only playing 70% of himself in "the merchant of venice".

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ironically enough, Morgan Freeman plays himself in every film...and he's an outstanding actor.

But when the day comes that some sadistic producer casts him as something else, he's toast! ;)"

I heard Al Pacino succeeded in only playing 70% of himself in "the merchant of venice".

Did that make you cry? :D

When he's good he's brilliant, though: at the end of the Godfather, when he springs his trap, and his wife suddenly realises what it means to be married to the Godfather ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oh lord, where do I start?

Vader's death in ROTJ

The Notebook- practically all the way through, my grandparents took me out to eat afterwards and the waitresses were all worried about me because my eyes were bloodshot from crying so much.

Return of the King (end)

The Land Before Time 1- Little Foot's mom dies

quite a few more I can't remember right now.

PS Don't get me started on the number of games I've cried during... am I the only one that cries in games?

sig2.gif

PS Don't get me started on the number of games I've cried during... am I the only one that cries in games?

You cry in games?

Wow, I was wondering if any games actually affected anyone enough for that: can you name some, maybe I have forgotten some really moving moments? :lol:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My friend and I were discussing disgustingly romantic films tonight and I happened to remember What Dreams May Come and Solaris (both versions) for some reason...

How I cried... :">

DL

P.S. Yes, yes, I know... *sigh*

I actually feel kinda sad when those two Ewoks get blasted by the AT-ST. When one gets up, he quickly bumps the other one to get up and is about to get on his way....he stops and looks back for a second...and he says something that sounds like "Buddy?" as he nudges up against him. He then kneels down beside and everytime it happens I always think "Aww" :D

In the novel version of Revenge of the Sith, I nearly cried. At the end, there's this really moving part when the author writes, "This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker..forever.."post lava incident. Here, I'll post it.

IF YOU HAVENTS SEEN ROTS, AND DO NOT WANT TO SPOIL THE MOVIE, DO NOT READ!

This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker, forever:

The first dawn of light in your universe brings pain.

The light burns you. It will always burn you. Part of you will always lie upon black glass sand beside a lake of fire while flames chew away at your flesh.

You can hear yourself breathing. It comes hard, harsh, and it scrapes nerves already raw, but you cannot stop it. You can never stop it. You cannot even slow it down.

You don't even have lungs anymore.

Mechanisms hardwired into your chest breathe for you. They will pump oxygen into your bloodstream forever.

"Lord Vader? Lord Vader, can you hear me?"

And you can't, not in the way you once did. Sensors in the shell that prisons your head trickle meaning directly into your brain.

You open your scorched pale eyes; optical sensors integrate light and shadow into a hideous simulacrum of the world around you.

Or perhaps the simulacrum is perfect, and it is the world that is hideous.

Padme`? Are you here? Are you all right? you try to say, but another voice speaks for you, out from the vocabulator that serves you for burned away lips and toungue and throat.

"Padme`? Are you here? Are you all right?"

"I'm very sorry Lord Vader. I'm afraid she died. It seems in your anger, you killed her."

This burns hotter then the lava had.

"No....no, that is not possible!"

You loved her. You will always love her. You could never will her death.

Never.

But you remember...

You remember all of it.

You remember the dragon that brought Vader forth from your heart to slay. You remember the cold venom in Vader's blood. You remember the furnace of Vader's fury, and the black hatred seizing her throat to silence her lying mouth-

And there is one blazing moment in which you finally understand that there was no dragon. That there was no Vader. That thre was only you. Only Anakin Skywalker

That it was all you. Is you.

Only you.

You did it.

You killed her.

You killed her because, finally, when you could have saved her, when you could have

gone away with her, when you could have been thinking about her, you were thinking about yourself...

It is in this blazing moment that you finally understand the trap of the Dark Side, the final cruelty of the Sith-

Because now your self is all you will ever have.

And you rage and you scream and reach through the Force to crush the shadow who has destroyed you, but you are so far less of what you were, you are more then half-machine, you are like a painter gone blind, a composer gone deaf, you can remember where the power was but the power you can touch is only a memory, and so with all your world destroying fury it is only droids around you that implode, and equipment, and the table on which you were strapped shatters, and in the end, you cannot touch the shadow.

In the end, you do not even want to.

In the end, the shadow is all you have left.

Because the shadow understands you, the shadow forgives you, the shadow gathers you further unto itself-

And within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame.

This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Forever....

:'( Pure poetry.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

In the novel version of Revenge of the Sith, I nearly cried. At the end, there's this really moving part when the author writes, "This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker..forever.."post lava incident. Here, I'll post it.

IF YOU HAVENTS SEEN ROTS, AND DO NOT WANT TO SPOIL THE MOVIE, DO NOT READ!

This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker, forever:

The first dawn of light in your universe brings pain.

The light burns you. It will always burn you. Part of you will always lie upon black glass sand beside a lake of fire while flames chew away at your flesh.

You can hear yourself breathing. It comes hard, harsh, and it scrapes nerves already raw, but you cannot stop it. You can never stop it. You cannot even slow it down.

You don't even have lungs anymore.

Mechanisms hardwired into your chest breathe for you. They will pump oxygen into your bloodstream forever.

"Lord Vader? Lord Vader, can you hear me?"

And you can't, not in the way you once did. Sensors in the shell that prisons your head trickle meaning directly into your brain.

You open your scorched pale eyes; optical sensors integrate light and shadow into a hideous simulacrum of the world around you.

Or perhaps the simulacrum is perfect, and it is the world that is hideous.

Padme`? Are you here? Are you all right? you try to say, but another voice speaks for you, out from the vocabulator that serves you for burned away lips and toungue and throat.

"Padme`? Are you here? Are you all right?"

"I'm very sorry Lord Vader. I'm afraid she died. It seems in your anger, you killed her."

This burns hotter then the lava had.

"No....no, that is not possible!"

You loved her. You will always love her. You could never will her death.

Never.

But you remember...

You remember all of it.

You remember the dragon that brought Vader forth from your heart to slay. You remember the cold venom in Vader's blood. You remember the furnace of Vader's fury, and the black hatred seizing her throat to silence her lying mouth-

And there is one blazing moment in which you finally understand that there was no dragon. That there was no Vader. That thre was only you. Only Anakin Skywalker

That it was all you. Is you.

Only you.

You did it.

You killed her.

You killed her because, finally, when you could have saved her, when you could have

gone away with her, when you could have been thinking about her, you were thinking about yourself...

It is in this blazing moment that you finally understand the trap of the Dark Side, the final cruelty of the Sith-

Because now your self is all you will ever have.

And you rage and you scream and reach through the Force to crush the shadow who has destroyed you, but you are so far less of what you were, you are more then half-machine, you are like a painter gone blind, a composer gone deaf, you can remember where the power was but the power you can touch is only a memory, and so with all your world destroying fury it is only droids around you that implode, and equipment, and the table on which you were strapped shatters, and in the end, you cannot touch the shadow.

In the end, you do not even want to.

In the end, the shadow is all you have left.

Because the shadow understands you, the shadow forgives you, the shadow gathers you further unto itself-

And within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame.

This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Forever....

:'( Pure poetry.

Something tells me George didnt write that :thumbsup:

The Obi/Anakin duel was pretty moving. The friend vs friend thing always strikes a chord, although it's been done better elswhere.

House of the flying daggers was the last thing that really moved me. The futility of the love triangle.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I laughed for most of Titanic... the only two times I cried was when the old lady chucked that diamond (such a waste >_< ) and when I realised that I had wasted three hours of my life watching that film :p

DL

You cry in games?

Wow, I was wondering if any games actually affected anyone enough for that: can you name some, maybe I have forgotten some really moving moments?  >_<

Games have a deeper connection than movies because you are part of the experience rather than an observer. The end of FFX made me very sad partly because of the end and partly because it was the end..

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]