Unannounced project?

Darth Jebus

Well, in a perfect world, we'd get Kotor3, an original OE RPG, Fallout 3, and Baldur's Gate 3. But wait -- uh, isn't Dragon Age at Bioware supposed to be the "spiritual successor" to Kotor1, and Baldur's Gate, + it's an original RPG. It's like hittin many birds with one stone and fallout is the only one left behind. Of course, DA still doesn't tie up the plot of the Kotor series with the cliffhanger...

"To be, or not to be a real RPG, that is the question.

Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows

or outrageous action... or by taking up arms against a sea of crap and by opposing: end them."

To be honest, I don't know how they'd do a Fallout 3 and make it good. One was awesome, and two was good, but I thought that in 2, things started to get a little less post apocalyptic with all the cities. It stopped being Fallout, and became the post-post apocalyptic RPG in CA, and that just isn't as cool as when the apocalypse is more fresh, the towns are grittier, the people sparser, the gangs more feral, and the land more dusty and barren.

"To be, or not to be a real RPG, that is the question.

Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows

or outrageous action... or by taking up arms against a sea of crap and by opposing: end them."

Can we if they bring up KotOR 3?

PLEASE?????  :'(

We and I love Kotor3! Lets start another K3 thread.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Hope is K3!

Im going through withdrawl already!

Doubtful it's Kotor 3. If there was a Kotor in development we would have heard about if by now from those who would be making it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Hope is K3!

Im going through withdrawl already!

Doubtful it's Kotor 3. If there was a Kotor in development we would have heard about if by now from those who would be making it.

With the following of the first 2?

Doubt you will hear about it officially until its well into production with a full story written and everything like that.

Otherwise there would just be to many questions and such distracting people from their jobs!

If they keep the game itself a secret right now, then they don't have the people on the board telling them tha thtey are doing everything wrong even before they start it. :D Also, if they keep it a secret now, then there is less likelyhood of a competitor deciding that they want to make a game just like this one, and push harder to get it out, thereby undercutting some of the audience by making it seem that company A (who originally had the idea) is actually copying company B (who put more people on it and pushed it out the door faster)... they they wait, there is less likelyhood of that happening when the product goes to market.

If I were them I wouldn't announce it until it was ready, we're far too overly critical at times  (w00t)

We probably stress them out  :(

ya think???

I also figure that we have enough to whine about, since it seems like it will be forever until we see NWN's. If they announce the next game now, more than likely most people will loose the desire to play the newest game by the time it comes out, because they will have overanalyzed it, and been in more than a few fights with the devs.. and generally lost interest.

Guest MacLeodCorp
If they keep the game itself a secret right now, then they don't have the people on the board telling them tha thtey are doing everything wrong even before they start it. :D Also, if they keep it a secret now, then there is less likelyhood of a competitor deciding that they want to make a game just like this one, and push harder to get it out, thereby undercutting some of the audience by making it seem that company A (who originally had the idea) is actually copying company B (who put more people on it and pushed it out the door faster)... they they wait, there is less likelyhood of that happening when the product goes to market.

I can see the logic in this!! It is better to keep things sealed tight, and then announce the game when everything is pretty far along. I think it was a good move on their part. It stirs up speculations, anticipation, and the gossip keeps flying. By announcing that there is an 'Unnanounced' or 'FalseTitle' to a game only creates intense anticipation. I hope that Obsidian Entertainment learns from the past, and designs a game that people will enjoy and have fun with. If it is FallOut 3, I may try it out. I have not played a Fall Out game before, so this could be a new expereience. If it is an 'Original' tittled game, I will have to wait an see some screenshots. Either way, I think that OE will have made a sucessful move by making the game 'Unannounced'... Can't wait and see.... I hope it is cool...

Definetly, true.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds