What music are you listening to right now?

draakh_kimera

A lot of people just listen to songs for aesthetic quality and dont take note of the lyrics, i'm not one of them - it just explains the popularity of stuff like house music and to a lesser extent artists with mostly mash up lyrics like chili peppers and david bowie.

....and the vast majority of hip hop o:) <_<

Not so sure about the Bowie thing quite a few of his songs had hidden meanings to them. e.g. Ashes to Ashes (the story of a superstar submersed into a world of narcotics) . But yeah its the poppy music hooklines that people buy records for on the majority, I guess thats why Chili peppers scored hits with the other side (weepy guitar solo which becomes progressively more energetic) etc.

But when an artist can both write great lyrics and tunes thats something to respect imo.

for me...the melody of the music is ALOT more improtant than the lyrics..but I dont mean the hook...I could care less about hooks....classical music had no hooks...but the melodies could strike u in ways lyrics and hooks couldnt....

thats why I like alot of bands that can sing falcetto and I incoorperate that with my music too...

I try to mix good music with good lyrics...sometimes I'll make traditional music with much better lyrics, and sometimes I do vice versa..its all about range...

Noone will ever write better lyrics than Bob dylan, tho, I dont care what ANYONE says about that

for me...the melody of the music is ALOT more improtant than the lyrics..but I dont mean the hook...I could care less about hooks....classical music had no hooks...but the melodies could strike u in ways lyrics and hooks couldnt....

thats why I like alot of bands that can sing falcetto and I incoorperate that with my music too...

I try to mix good music with good lyrics...sometimes I'll make traditional music with much better lyrics, and sometimes I do vice versa..its all about range...

Noone will ever write better lyrics than Bob dylan, tho, I dont care what ANYONE says about that

You ought to try listening to the Smiths then :cool: , I hate Morrissey but no one can question his lyrical prowess along with Marr's melodies they were pretty outstanding

lol yeah...I guess my stuff has to suck to be good now a days...I bet you think william hung is good too just because he is different and doesnt follow a norm...

Well, I am known to be one hell of a harsh music critic. Im the one to ask if you want the truthful opinion. And you did put your songs out on an internet forum, you cant be pissed that you got some critiscism.

Your music is written with some skill and your singing voice is good but its nothing we havent heard before. Mind you, that doesnt mean you wont be able to make a career in music. I can imagine a lot of people would like your music and buy your album and not give a damn that its not very original. Record companies look for artists who can sell records and thats it.

...and classical music has plenty of hooks, what else would you call the Night Queens aria in Mozart's The Magic Flute? Songs must have hooks, otherwise we wont remember them well enough to want to listen to them a second time.

now playing:

Kebnekajse - Saab mustang

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

harsh critics are the only real critics, and I prefer it that way.

thing is I forgot what songs were up there haha, those are mainly my newest rock songs, which I wrote to be catchy rock songs, my radio friendly stuff. alittle bit like the strokes, alittle different, my previous stuff was alot more psychedlic and more experimental, but I decided I needed a direction

ColdPlay-Warning Sign

Robert Onion - Frank Black and the Catholics

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The Graduate OST - Sunporch Cha-cha cha

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm listenin to Opeth's ''Morningrise'' album

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.

Right now:

Apocalyptica - Deep Down Ascend(-04 Demo)

Next:

Apocalyptica - Kellot(-04 Demo)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I do like Morrissey, but to elevate him to Dylan's level is a little extreme. They both have been quite pretentious on occasion, but I would venture that more of Dylan's writes more songs with deeper meanings than Moz.

Morrissey makes good use of flashy wordplay, but Dylan does it without showing off. And nobody can tell a story like Bobby D. There's nothing in Morrissey's catalog that can stand next to The Hurricane, Desolation Row or Changing of the Guard.

Listening to:

The Beautiful Side of Somewhere, the new single from The Wallflowers. I totally forgot about these guys for a long time, but they recently released a solid album called "Rebel, Sweetheart." The songs and arrangements have a very Tom Petty-esque feel to them.

In the same vein, Ryan Adams' new album, "Cold Roses," might be his best. It's back to his alt-country roots, which is where he makes his best work.

Also:

The Cars - My Best Friend's Girl

Rancid - Red Hot Moon

Stereophonics - She Takes Her Clothes Off

Ted Leo & the Pharmacists - Six Months in a Leaky Boat

(I talked to Ted Leo for five minutes or so after his show last week in Cleveland. Real approachable guy, eager to talk to fans, just like you'd expect him to be. The show was awesome, as well.)

Sorry for the length - I'm on dial-up now (Everybody groan) so my long absences necessitate long posts upon my return to this, the only thread I frequent these days. :D

One more thing - Solar Plexus is a sweeeeet band name.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

D-i-c-k* Dale and his Del Tones - Hava Nagila

* I had to spell it like that or else the curse word blocker would block it.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

For work purposes -- and PURELY for work purposes -- I'm currently listening to Jessica Simpson's cover of "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'".

Now, I had really low expectations before I started listening to it, as I cannot stand Jessica Simpson... but it's even worse than I thought.

I'm feeling a little nauseous.

Do yourselves a favour, and never EVER listen to this track under ANY circumstance. If you're in a store and you hear it... RUN!

I really wish my brain had a "memory wipe" feature.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

nobody listens to Jessica Simpson... duh.

You'd THINK... yet somehow, this song was the most added track in pop radio stations across the US this week. ;)

My co-worker did say the video for this song was hot. I would strongly suggest watching it with the volume down.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

nobody listens to Jessica Simpson... duh.

You'd THINK... yet somehow, this song was the most added track in pop radio stations across the US this week. ;)

but you add songs to the playlists because the record companies pay you to :)" not because anyone actually wants to listen to the garbage.