What music are you listening to right now?

draakh_kimera

but you add songs to the playlists because the record companies pay you to :)" not because anyone actually wants to listen to the garbage.

Hahahaha!

Yeah... I WISH! ;)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Thats the way its done in Sweden atleast, Id be surprised if its any different in the states. Observe that I meant the station organisation itself, not individual employees.

I saw a documentary how its done here, the record companies have special people that meet with radio station management every monday(or so) and tell them which of their songs to play and how often. In exchange the station gets a fee or sponsorship money. Without that, commercial stations would have to rely solely on advertising for funding.

now listening to:

Silverfang Theme ;) *nudge, nudge*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Please, Kaftan. Preserve the minds of the weak, aka me. :thumbsup:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Thats the way its done in Sweden atleast, Id be surprised if its any different in the states. Observe that I meant the station organisation itself, not individual employees.

I saw a documentary how its done here, the record companies have special people that meet with radio station management every monday(or so) and tell them which of their songs to play and how often. In exchange the station gets a fee or sponsorship money. Without that, commercial stations would have to rely solely on advertising for funding.

now listening to:

Silverfang Theme  :thumbsup: *nudge, nudge*

Well, I'm not in the States... but I can tell you that's NOT how it's done in Canada. Yes, people drop in every week to give us records... but it's left entirely up to the Music Director to decide which songs he/she will air.

Now there ARE some individual MD's that will take payola, but that's actually a fireable offence, and a completely different thing than what you are describing.

I am not changing my avatar to Silverfang.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

So you play sonic manure just because the MD thinks thats what people want to hear? Hmm.. I dont know which is worse. Maybe you could start your own radio station after our model, youd be rich :unsure: unless its against Canadian law, that is.

I am not changing my avatar to Silverfang.

you are feeling sleepy... sleeeeeepy, you feel yourself becomming heavier..heeeeavier.. just let go of your conscious self and sleeeep you will change you avatar to silverfang when you wake up sleep..sleeeep.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So you play sonic manure just because the MD thinks thats what people want to hear? Hmm.. I dont know which is worse. Maybe you could start your own radio station after our model, youd be rich :unsure: unless its against Canadian law, that is.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it is against the law. And if it isn't... well, it isn't ethically right.

As for the sonic manure... Well, sadly enough, radio stations do call-out research, and a lot of the airplay is based on the results of said call-out research. So as sad as this may be, the fact that you hear the same crap song over and over again is a direct result of this research, as well as album/single sales.

So yes... Sadly enough, sonic manure actually IS what people want to hear, it would seem.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

Maybe you can answer a question for me Silver. Does the CRTC have any input into your playlists? Do you have to play X amount of Canadian artists? Or does the person who shows up on Monday just throw you another 54-40 record to toss in between the good songs?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Maybe you can answer a question for me Silver.  Does the CRTC have any input into your playlists?  Do you have to play X amount of Canadian artists?  Or does the person who shows up on Monday just throw you another 54-40 record to toss in between the good songs?

35% Cancon, my friend... going to 40% soon, it's looking like. (Cancon = Canadian Content) And that's 35% Cancon between the hours of 6 AM and midnight (so if you listen from midnight to 6 AM, there's a chance your station might actually sound half-decent).

Cancon is a very mysterious thing.

*takes deep breath*

In order for a track to be Cancon, it needs to have at least 2 of Music, Artist, Production, Lyrics be of Canadian origin. You may have at some point noticed a little symbol consisting of a circle with the letters MAPL written in it at the back of Canadian CDs. (They tend to show up less and less now... but they still pop up every once in a while)

Which means that if a Canadian artist writes his own songs, but gets his record produced in the States, it's Cancon (MAL). However, a Canadian artist who moves to the States... let's say... Oh... I don't know... Celine Dion... and has other non-Canadians write her songs (which is the case... I have yet to see a single one of her English songs be credited to C. Dion), and has the record produced in the States, it is NOT Cancon, as the only Canadian element out of MAPL is A -- and as I said, you need at least two for it to count.

However, stupidly enough, Rod Stewart, who is evidently NOT Canadian, has a song that IS Cancon, simply because it had been written by a Canadian. I forget which one now though there was a time when I used to air that song EVERY FREAKIN' WEEKEND because we were struggling to find Cancon to fill hours between syndicated shows (Rick Dees, Casey Kasem...), which came from the States, and thus did NOT fulfill Cancon requirements, so we had to make up for it elsewhere during the day... which left me playing 3 hours of almost JUST Cancon Saturday and Sunday mornings.

*exhales deeply*

And I have now divulged the secret as to why Q107 here in Toronto plays the Guess Who's American Woman roughly every other song, and why Avril Lavigne gets played to death on most stations, pop or rock.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

Cancon is a very mysterious thing.

I had no idea it worked like that in Canada. Is that some sort of patriotism effort enacted by your broadcasting governing body (the FCC in the States) to support your Canadian artists?

Kind of... It basically started in the 70's when people started thinking that Canadian artists needed a bit of help... and it was supposed to be a TEMPORARY thing (as my boss will remind us over and over and over whenever the topic of Cancon comes up... if you think my rant was long, you should hear his), but, much like our income tax, which was also supposed to be a temporary measure, not only did it not go away, but it got worse.

*le sigh*

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

Nightwish "Once"

What do you think of the album? I'm and ex-fan and would like to hear a foreigners opinion.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

3 cds on my tape:

!.Haggard's ''live in Spain'' album

2.Therion's mix

3.Opeth's ''my arms, your hearse'' album

The Illuminator

Democracy starts with allowing different political opinions to express themselves.

Fascism starts with killling all, who has different political opinions than yours.

It's a pity for earth as it is full of fascists claiming to be democratic.