What music are you listening to right now?

draakh_kimera

Orphaned Land - Disciples of the Sacred Oath

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Orphaned Land - Thee by the Father I Pray

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Orpaned Land - Beloveds Cry

Am I sensing a pattern here? :x

kirottu said:

Silent Stream of Godless Elegy - Gigula

Broke it.

kirottu said:

Don't worry, I'll easily identify him by the ringtone on his phone...  :)

*fires some warning shots in the air for fun*

DL

P.S. Speak no ill of early Radiohead, as it is their best  :wub:  (listening to the acoustic version of 'Creep')

amen...

.....hey just throwing this out there, what do you guys think of this guy

Michael Oliva

Michael Olive..

...is boring rock that we've heard 1000 times before.

melvins.jpg

Melvins - Symptom of the universe

(buzz has scary hair)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

:D

If anyone would like to listen to the above mentioned bands see here http://www.xn--holmstrm-t4a.net/music/ Acid is weirdness with a little jazz and Rahat is improvised grindcore :))

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I love Soundgarden but I now think Audioslave are better :)

Blasphemy!

Anyway:

Track 1077:Soundgarden-My Wave...

No Blasphemy would be..."I think Foo Fighters are better than Nirvana" :p hehe, but to be honest I do think Conell's writing abilities have moved on with the times and thankfully on Out of Exile there weren't too many stomache churning Rage against the machine Riffs. :p They've certainly gelled together as a band and it certainly shows in their music.

Went to see The Kings of Leon last night and I have to admit they put on a good show, fantastic atmosphere. Always saw them as a mixed bag beforehand but a mate of mine talked me into it.

hmmm....yea foo fighters will never be better than nirvana....my theory is it doesnt matter how well u play ur instrument...its the songs that matter....thats why john lennon was better than paul mcartney...john wasnt a better singer, but he wrote better songs....as does kurt vs. dave grohl

hmm....audioslave is better than soundgarden..but rage against the machine was better than adioslave....zach was an angry mutha and with toms guitar work, they were funky and awesome.

besides that....most music now-a-days sucks anyways...I'd much rather take the beatles over the (current rock band hit)

tho there are a few exceptions for me....

I'm impressed with The Shins, The dissociatives, Radiohead, The Strokes (not hard music to play but catchy and not everything needs to be different) and Coldplay is decent...eh...and jump little children is good too

Hmm,my personal opinion is that Audioslave was better than Out of Exile...

Lyrics aswell...

Don't get me wrong i still think it's a decent album,I just feel something is missing...

track 211:Audioslave-Doesn't Remind Me...

Hmm,my personal opinion is that Audioslave was better than Out of Exile...

Lyrics aswell...

Don't get me wrong i still think it's a decent album,I just feel something is missing...

track 211:Audioslave-Doesn't Remind Me...

Well my feeling was that they were trying to define a 'new sound' for themselves with Out of Exile. 'Audioslave' for me was still full of too much of their past. Like I mentioned before the riffs were very much Rage against the machine (Cochise), whereas 'Out of Exile' was toned down and seemed like they were on their way to something different. I might add that Cornell's vocals seemed much more thoughtful and less angry. Just my take on things.

Anyone like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs? I think they're great, very raw. Good stuff

hmmm....yea foo fighters will never be better than nirvana....my theory is it doesnt matter how well u play ur instrument...its the songs that matter....thats why john lennon was better than paul mcartney...john wasnt a better singer, but he wrote better songs....as does kurt vs. dave grohl

I couldn't agree with you more! o:)

However I didn't like Rage against the machine, I've never been keen on the rock/rap mixture. I hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers for that too, that and their inability to write and lyrics that are meaningful. #Give it away, give it away, give it away now...# Never did get that one :p

A lot of people just listen to songs for aesthetic quality and dont take note of the lyrics, i'm not one of them - it just explains the popularity of stuff like house music and to a lesser extent artists with mostly mash up lyrics like chili peppers and david bowie.

....and the vast majority of hip hop o:) <_<