Who else is sad about the closure of the forums?

Darque

well it's not official is it? wasn't it just a possibility!

I mean come on man.. you can't just make us addicted and then cut down on sales!! where am I gonna get my daily dosis from?? :)

Fortune favors the bald.

[conspicracy]

It's a business decision, all else is just excuses.

Lucas Arts are fed up with Obsidian forums being used as a base for operations against their "good" name. Solution: Throw a pail of cold water in their face and lock the malcontents up for 6 months.

[/conspiracy]

:-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If this place would close, where would our poor trolls go? Building up a reputation like Volo's aint no small thing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If this place would close, where would our poor trolls go? Building up a reputation like Volo's aint no small thing.

Yeah, the poor trolls might end up like the Dodo if you remove their natural habitat... Save the Trolls! :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

But seriously, anyone have any tips where we might go to? I was thinking maybe OT4 ?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Maybe we should have a petition to save the forums...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

petitions DONT WORK!

That's the only sensible thing Ive ever seen from you.

Face it, we're getting the hammer and probably sooner than we expect. OE dont think they have anything to gain from this community and rather than wasting resources keeping it afloat they're pulling the plug.

So again, where do we go?

I would be very saddened if the forums were to close permanently. I have always enjoyed the openness and friendliness of BIS/OE, and this has been one of the major factors in my purchasing and playing of their games (the other major factor being the high quality stories and varied gaming experience they've always produced). I sincerely hope that this continues to be a facet of life at Obsidian Entertainment, and hope that any closure would be merely temporary until someone can be hired to manage the forums.

:'(

...first BIS, now this...

:'(

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

When I read about it I cried.

They should just get some of the polite, unbiased players to moderate the forums and hand out official answers. That's what I'd do. Limited mod powers for all! Hazzah!

Please don't close. . .the forums, Obsidian. I love you. :devil:

Fnord.

You've got peanuts?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Dry roasted, salted, or honey roasted?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'd be sad. The BIS/OE boards have been my home on the internet for several years. It was a huge blow to my online presence when Interplay shut down their community boards

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

They could always migrate to the NWN2 boards. Though the irony would be very great, I really don't want these boards to close. There should be a company forum for story-driven RPGs other than Bio's.

Hear us Obsidian:

Life is very short, and there's no time

For fussing and fighting, my friend.

I have always thought that it's a crime,

So I will ask you once again.

Try to see it my way,

Only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.

While you see it your way

There's a chance that we may fall apart before too long.

We can work it out,

We can work it out.

:lol:

manthing2.jpg

Thank god it's only temporary. Save our accounts, Obsidian! :thumbsup:

And I'm sad too. I don't want to go back to RPGDot and Codex.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds