KOTOR 3 Main Character

Which of the following would you like to play KOTOR 3 with?  

303 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following would you like to play KOTOR 3 with?

• Revan
    • Exile
    • Revan and Exile
    • A new guy, with Revan and/or exile as cameos
    • A new guy without mentioning Revan and/or exile

So, it's option #3 for me.

Well first off im guessing you mean option 4.

You call someone with a differant opinion to you a fanboy? Because we want a complete story.

Thats because you are a fanboy. There is nothing wrong with this, you just enjoy the game and wish to continue the storyline while playing as Revan/Exile. But this is a problem when you can't admit that it is not possible to do in the context of a full length crpg game, an expansion maybe yeh but not a whole new game.

They need to cut their losses anyway, they totaly ruined the story at the end.

I would however buy an expansion that continued the plot of the game as it was quite interesting for the most part. Bioware did this best with the TOB addon for BG2 which nicely finished off the Child of Bhaal saga.

Its up to the Dev's anywys.

Yes, thats exactly our point; they're not that dumb.

After thinking about a bit, (not much is the truth)

I think

we should start the game with the exile, who is now travelling to outer rim and his connection to the Force has also been reduced (this could also give the opportunity to have him as a non force sensitive character) and then later, something about lvl 15 you meet Revan who has been caught by the true Sith.

The exile then comes with a plan to save Revan (as Revan is the only one who can fight the true Sith) and in that the exile may die or not (the player should be able to choose, maybe in regard of LS or DS).

Then you have Revan, who is also terribly weakened after his cappture. You then go back to known space and gather your stregth by seeking out ohter Jedi (Master Vandar could be one of them or you simply revisit Koriban or Atris academy to study some Sith holocrons).

During that time you meet up with new and old NPCs.

But something like this would require the game to be truly epic, maybe 50-60 hours or more.

Wouldn't this explain how character go back to lvl 1 or another low level?

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

You call someone with a differant opinion to you a fanboy? Because we want a complete story.

Accept that someone has a differant opinion to you, and stop resorting to names when people dont agree with you after you have argued your point.

The fact that you consider 'fanboy' as calling names, just proves you are one. Your objectivity has been compromised, and proof of that is the overwhelming amount of arguments you have been given as to why they shouldn't (and won't) make a game in which Revan or the exile are the PC, and you refuse to acknowledge. The only reason you have wielded so far is that the game should be about Revan or the exile because 'um, it should be that way and it would be cool and stuff'.

Game over.

KotOR III might begin a couple of years after TSL, with a new player at the Jedi Academy on Coruscant, going on his first mission to (what the heck) Tatooine to investigate a ship that's crashed there, you find the Ebon Hawk and two droids, who are insisting that they need to to meet the Jedi Counsil or any other party member from KotOR or KotOR II, and the story kicks on from there.

Uh, that's still a new PC, so I guess you just haven't really read the poll question.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The fact that you consider 'fanboy' as calling names, just proves you are one. Your objectivity has been compromised, and proof of that is the overwhelming amount of arguments you have been given as to why they shouldn't (and won't) make a game in which Revan or the exile are the PC, and you refuse to acknowledge. The only reason you have wielded so far is that the game should be about Revan or the exile because 'um, it should be that way and it would be cool and stuff'.

Game over.

That is the worst logic ever employed by anybody, anywhere. A good analogy of that might be you say "Those ****ing Jews are running the world, and deserve to be exterminated." I call you an anti-Semite. You then respond that since I have criticized you about a blatantly anti-Semitic remark, then I must, as a consequence be Jewish. Which I am not.

The simple fact is "fanboy" is never used as a compliment, and is used by haughty people who feel somehow superior to other people. He's right to take it as an insult, because I highly doubt you meant it any other way.

And I am fully ready to be accused of being called a "fanboy," because that's what your "logic" entails.

That is the worst logic ever employed by anybody, anywhere.  A good analogy of that might be you say "Those ****ing Jews are running the world, and deserve to be exterminated."  I call you an anti-Semite.  You then respond that since I have criticized you about a blatantly anti-Semitic remark, then I must, as a consequence be Jewish.  Which I am not.

No, I think your logic is even worse. 'Fvcking jew' is no matter how you see it, an insult. Fanboy on the other hand is not. You are taking things to an extreme to make a point. That is one of the most common logic fallacies ever. There are people here that do that with a lot more of subtlety than you. They tried to use it against me, and failed, just as you have.

The simple fact is "fanboy" is never used as a compliment, and is used by haughty people who feel somehow superior to other people.  He's right to take it as an insult, because I highly doubt you meant it any other way.

I am not superior. My arguments are. End of story.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That is the worst logic ever employed by anybody, anywhere.  A good analogy of that might be you say "Those ****ing Jews are running the world, and deserve to be exterminated."  I call you an anti-Semite.  You then respond that since I have criticized you about a blatantly anti-Semitic remark, then I must, as a consequence be Jewish.  Which I am not.

No, I think your logic is even worse. 'Fvcking jew' is no matter how you see it, an insult. Fanboy on the other hand is not. You are taking things to an extreme to make a point. That is one of the most common logic fallacies ever. There are people here that do that with a lot more of subtlety than you. They tried to use it against me, and failed, just as you have.

The simple fact is "fanboy" is never used as a compliment, and is used by haughty people who feel somehow superior to other people.  He's right to take it as an insult, because I highly doubt you meant it any other way.

The entire arguement is screwed up, make a new one...

However im definatly going to be using the final statement in one of my future posts because that just won the arguement :D

Whatever kids. Not gonna happen, so keep crying for it. I'm done reasoning with you fanbois.

I guess that was a compliment. Stop trying to justify it. I called you on it. **** happens. The fact is, you did NOT use it as anything other than an insult, and then attempted, weakly I might add, to claim it was not an insult, and his defense of himself was in fact proof of your assertion that he was indeed a fanboy. It's a circular argument that has no objective support, and would not stand up in any reasonable discourse.

And so we can be clear, I am simply arguing the merits of your logic, not your point in general.

That's really hilarious.

You posted you're 20 in the age thread, well I'm 27 and that explains a lot really about how you express yourself; obviously there isn't a point in having a conversation with you or trying to state a different opinion. I tried to explain my pov and why I wanted to see it that way not to imply that I'm correct and doing it any different is wrong as you clearly do.

There's about a hundred different more responses I could give you but it's not worth it as I'm sure you feel the same. Whenever K3 is made, if it is, these comments will be irrelevant. All I can say is that the game can work as much the way you want it as the way I want it.

Whatever kids. Not gonna happen, so keep crying for it. I'm done reasoning with you fanbois.

I guess that was a compliment. Stop trying to justify it. I called you on it. **** happens. The fact is, you did NOT use it as anything other than an insult, and then attempted, weakly I might add, to claim it was not an insult, and his defense of himself was in fact proof of your assertion that he was indeed a fanboy. It's a circular argument that has no objective support, and would not stand up in any reasonable discourse.

And so we can be clear, I am simply arguing the merits of your logic, not your point in general.

Are you so asinine that for you there are only insults or compliments?

If I had wanted to insult anyone, I would have done so openly, as I have several times before. Calling him a fanboy was nothing more than a... description, if you will. Not a compliment, that's for sure, since I implied his objectivity had been compromised, but definitely not an insult. Nobody likes to be told the truth, when the truth is not pleasant, which was proven by his reaction. Thus, my point was proven. I really didn't want to go over this step by step, but since you're making an effort to be obnoxious, you really left me no choice.

That's really hilarious.

You posted you're 20 in the age thread, well I'm 27 and that explains a lot really about how you express yourself; obviously there isn't a point in having a conversation with you or trying to state a different opinion. I tried to explain my pov and why I wanted to see it that way not to imply that I'm correct and doing it any different is wrong as you clearly do.

There's about a hundred different more responses I could give you but it's not worth it as I'm sure you feel the same. Whenever K3 is made, if it is, these comments will be irrelevant. All I can say is that the game can work as much the way you want it as the way I want it.

No, I'll tell you what's hilarious. I'm sure there are hundreds of arguments you could use to defuse my claims and destroy my credibility. However, you resorted to the old 'ah, you're just 20' to strengthen your discourse. Got any more high school bullying tactics you want to try with me? ;)

Whatever 213374U, I have neither the desire or motivation to continue speaking to someone like you.  :p

Just drop it.

Hey, sorry man. I'll wait seven years before talking to you again. Oh wait, by then you will be 34. Oh my, it seems I'll never be old enough for you... :o

That's really hilarious.

Not involved in this, but I am compelled to respond to this statement with the following:

Me 'Well my brother's 28, and your brother's 25, so my brother could beat up your brother.'

You 'Nu uh'

Me 'ya huh'

You 'Well, my dad's 60 and yours is 58, so my dad could beat up your dad'

This is a seriously immature rationale to use when trying to justify one's own maturity level. I gave up on this kind of rationale in about 1990. What does this say about my maturity level at age 10 vs. yours at 27?

213374U ,

1. I stated earlier that I would like the story to have revan for continuty's sake.

2. After posting I changed my mind, and have thought both ways would be equally appealing to me.

3. I am not a 'fanboy', I merely take objection to when people get angry at people for having a differant opinion to them.

Where is the option that says "Revan *or* the Exile"?

I really don't want to be switching characters in the game... this has gotten far to Legacy of Kain already.

Revan=Kain

Exile=Raziel

Revan/Kain is an anti-hero who's actually trying to save the galaxy/nosgoth not destroy it as everyone thinks - he's not really a bad guy! (cries... I liked bad evil Revan/Kain)

Exile/Raziel is the person always one step behind Revan/Kain, he sucks out the power of the bosses he defeats and even though he's always in Revan/Kain's shadow since he used to serve him he still ends up more powerful (kinda) in the end.

What next? We find out that in KotOR III the Exile is transported back in time, goes crazy and becomes Darth Nilihus and eventually will face death at his own hands?

Bahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Personally, I'd like to see KotOR III be a continuation of the Exile's story. Don't get me wrong, I *AM* very much a Revan fanboy (why there is a stigma attached I'll never know...) but I think that the next game should be seeing what happens to the Exile. Since... you know, KotOR II left us hanging.

Playing as a new character does have appeal- but I fail to see where all these amazingly strong jedi come from and why they weren't there for the original games.

I mean, I found the Exile knowing next to knowing about the 'Jedi Civil War' (bah, changed it's name, BAH!) pretty lame... having some new character show up who's like "yeah I'm a Jedi and well powerful... but urm, I just sat out the last two games because ... urm... I was imprisoned! Yeah, by the Sith during KotOR II - they took me prisoner because I can (insert unique power here)!" would be incredibly lame.

Continue the story of the Exile. I really don't care about levels- they're just a gameplay mechanic anyway... I mean, as if my level 8 Soldier/12 guardian was stronger than Revan ever was during his reign as the dark lord... pfft, Malak you idiot. (sorry, old annoyance)

Not involved in this, but I am compelled to respond to this statement with the following:

Me 'Well my brother's 28, and your brother's 25, so my brother could beat up your brother.'

You 'Nu uh'

Me 'ya huh'

You 'Well, my dad's 60 and yours is 58, so my dad could beat up your dad'

This is a seriously immature rationale to use when trying to justify one's own maturity level. I gave up on this kind of rationale in about 1990. What does this say about my maturity level at age 10 vs. yours at 27?

Lifthransir Bane, I commented on his age because of the position he's had every time he's posted. I'm right, you're wrong, my way is the only way. I tried to have a conversation with him trying to explain why I'd like it the way I would, how I believe it could be implemented into functioning and hear a similar approach from his side. The same as I've had conversations with Saint in the storyline threads or even Hades some times past.

Instead he resorted to namecalling and disregarding any other person's opinion different from that of himself as invalid, wrong or stupid. To me that is a very immature attitude, when I saw he was 20 I remarked about it because of the nature of many people's attitudes during those time periods. When I was 20 I thought I knew everything too and my opinion was the only one that had to be heard and no one that thought different than me had a valid point. As I've grown up a bit that perspective has changed and while I still discuss any difference of opinon I may have over a subject I still respect those opinions different than my own as well as those who say them. He on the other hand demonstrated he doesn't and I recognize that as being because of his age. It wasn't implied as a criticism or insult merely an observation that makes sense to me why he has that posture with others, he's just still young. Much in the same fashion as I not exactly on the level of experience and maturity as someone who is 35, neither is he with someone who is a little older. That's not a bad thing at all, and again I didn't mean it as an insult, but look at his responses.

So I attempted to difuse the conversation as I see no point in trying to discuss this with him any further, he has to be right and that's the way it is. So fine, that doesn't affect me anymore than my opinion affects him I'm sure. So that's why I said what I said, take it as you will Lifthransir.

Personally, I'd like to see KotOR III be a continuation of the Exile's story.  Don't get me wrong, I *AM* very much a Revan fanboy (why there is a stigma attached I'll never know...) but I think that the next game should be seeing what happens to the Exile.  Since... you know, KotOR II left us hanging.

Playing as a new character does have appeal- but I fail to see where all these amazingly strong jedi come from and why they weren't there for the original games.

I mean, I found the Exile knowing next to knowing about the 'Jedi Civil War' (bah, changed it's name, BAH!) pretty lame... having some new character show up who's like "yeah I'm a Jedi and well powerful... but urm, I just sat out the last two games because ... urm... I was imprisoned! Yeah, by the Sith during KotOR II - they took me prisoner because I can (insert unique power here)!" would be incredibly lame.

Continue the story of the Exile.  I really don't care about levels- they're just a gameplay mechanic anyway... I mean, as if my level 8 Soldier/12 guardian was stronger than Revan ever was during his reign as the dark lord... pfft, Malak you idiot. (sorry, old annoyance)

While I agree introducing a 3rd charatcer is something I'd stay away from, I'm much more curious about Revan and his whereabouts. If they continued the story of the Exile, there is no way for them to include Revan as your ally since he had a different face and fate for everyone. I'd rather they start kotor 3 off with the Exile, and finish his story as an intro to the continuation. Bring his fate to a close, while at the same time establishing what path Revan took in K1 through a series of questions or tests where you can indicate who he was, possibly what he looked like, and some of his history. This would no doubt be a delicate task, but I think it could be done. I mean they can take any direction they want after what K2 has left us with. We saw the Ebon Hawk dissappear into the stars, it may be headed back to Telos where Carth and/or Bastila await to answer your questions and establish a base for both Revan's and the Exile's path.. After which the Exile may be sent after Revan, and then the reigns transfer over to him, while the Exile remains in his party.

That's just one scenario I wouldn't mind seeing, like I said, there are countless possibilities. I'm sure we'll see something interesting though..

Instead of creating a new character you could use an old npc like Bastila or one of your new Jedi from KOTOR II. Okay, you couldn't decide on the looks and the Jed class, but it is kind of like using an old character.

As long as there is a good reason for your character and you have some npcs from the first two games in your party, I'll be happy.

Having the choice between Revan and the Exile, while the other one will be a party member, plus having Bastila and some others, would be great. Might be a problem with the voices though.

Though I loved playing Revan in K1 from a game mechanics standpoint it would be the most to easy continue playing as the Exile in part 3. Since it was explained to us that the Exile works as a siphon, drawing his greatest strength from those around him, leaving those he has formed the strongest connections with behind when he heads for the outer rim might mean leaving his greatest strength behind as well. Now speaking in game mechanics that could mean that at the start of the game the Exile loses some levels and what remains is more or less what he was in terms of strength before Malachor V, with just his own (regained) connection to the force, a mediocre Jedi (let's say around level 10 -12 at the start of the game) and an exceptional leader. If the developers control the flow of experience points nicely throughout the game you might reach level 30 again at the end of the game.

With Revan such a level drain at the beginning of the game would be far less easy to implement without resorting to the old and overused clich

After thinking about a bit, (not much is the truth)

I think

we should start the game with the exile, who is now travelling to outer rim and his connection to the Force has also been reduced (this could also give the opportunity to have him as a non force sensitive character) and then later, something about lvl 15 you meet Revan who has been caught by the true Sith.

The exile then comes with a plan to save Revan (as Revan is the only one who can fight the true Sith) and in that the exile may die or not (the player should be able to choose, maybe in regard of LS or DS).

Then you have Revan, who is also terribly weakened after his cappture. You then go back to known space and gather your stregth by seeking out ohter Jedi (Master Vandar could be one of them or you simply revisit Koriban or Atris academy to study some Sith holocrons).

During that time you meet up with new and old NPCs.

But something like this would require the game to be truly epic, maybe 50-60 hours or more.

I actually really love that idea. Ive read the threads for what some people think of kotor 3 and this is by far the best if heard.....nice!