Patch Wishlist

fix the problem with people not being able to play the game until they disable the sound

The bug with ATi cards dropping to a few frames a second in the fuel dump area of the first section of the game, and then the movement keys not working anymore.

well, for the ATI problem, you should try the 4.11 drivers, anything higher has been known to slow things down on Kotor, i know it does, but since i haven't got Kotor II yet, i don't know.

fix the problem with people not being able to play the game until they disable the sound

The bug with ATi cards dropping to a few frames a second in the fuel dump area of the first section of the game, and then the movement keys not working anymore.

well, for the ATI problem, you should try the 4.11 drivers, anything higher has been known to slow things down on Kotor, i know it does, but since i haven't got Kotor II yet, i don't know.

I've tried them, no joy. Uninstalled, ran the cleaner, installed the 4.11 drivers. Exactly the same. I then tried the install 4.11 and then the 8.07 thing posted by one of the guys on this forum. But also to no avail.

What I don't understand is why they took a game which had to run on Direct X on the X Box, and turned it into an Open GL game for PC. It makes no sense!

Ed: Ok, I take it all back - I must have done something stupid earlier. Either that, or it's a combination of the latest and the 8.07 drivers that are needed to make it work.

To explain, I copied the opengl file from the driver pack into the KOTOR2 directory, and now it's ok. Not great.. barely playable in fact, but it's good enough for me to grit my teeth and move onto the next section. I applaud your good work sir!

- Improve the preformance. I have the exact same settings like in KOTOR 1 and the game runs better and looks better in KOTOR 1 unlike KOTOR 2.

- Increase the degree of difficulty or rebalance it. The game is far to easy. I can kill everybody within some few seconds.

- Add the option to arrange the quests after the priority in the quest diary! Thats was the most important filter in KOTOR 1 for me. (sometimes I feel lost, becausce I don

Just a thought:

People with fix requests should post diagnostic data. It could help Obsidian find and fix the problem faster.

I personally haven't experienced any troubles, so far. But then, I'm not very far into the game and I'm not running at a high resolution or anything like that.

Implement the Droid Factory quest! :)

Some minor scripting errors need fixing as well. One example is that when I first enter the Telos Polar Academy, Bao-Dur and Kriea are whisked away to their holding cells, but Atton remains near the entrance.

Maybe address whatever memory leak causes the game to crash every 30-40 minutes if you don't transition to different maps (havent' experienced this yet, but it's in the readme)? :)

All I want from the patch is to actually be able to play the game without it freezing! I have a laptop with (surprise surprise) an ATI Radeon Mobility 9200 and cant use the official drivers so I'm screwed. ANd the latest Omega Drivers don't work either

I encountered a few things that may need looking at:

1. When viewing one of the logs concerning the dormatories on Peragus, I noticed that as the people died via the poison gas, they would grab their throat, but not fall to the ground dead. Then, when the camera changed angle, I saw that there were 2 models in place for each person. 1 was the standard one, which I had just seen choking on the gas. The other was a curled up dead body.

If there is supposed to be a transition from the standard to the dead, it wasn't done properly.

2. Its been brought up already, but I thought I'd also mention it. During an interaction with T3 on the Ebon Hawk, occassionally, T3's lines would be skipped. I'd go directly from my choosing a line, to my choosing a response to whatever he said, except I never heard it. I'd see the response above the viewing window, but a few beeps and boops don't mean much.

3. I had just used the

Czerka administrative droid to get dirt on the corporation. After regaining control of the Exile

and returning Atton and Kreia to my party, I left the Ithorian compound. In the transition between the 2 living facility maps, my computer locked up.

After restarting, I performed the same operation, however, I did not return Atton and Kreia, and my PC did NOT lock up.

So far those have been my only issues.

2 Things:

1) When leading the Czerka Twi'lek recovery guy out of the abandoned base on Telos, I had a terrible time having him following me, having to go forward, backup, tell him to follow me again, repeat.

2)I encountered a couple loops and breaks in dialogue, a couple with my followers and one(in particular that I'm thinking of) after fighting the assassins before leaving Dxun.

Fix the Dialouge problems. Such as when speaking to someone, it completley skip what they have to say and then you are left with what to say without the knowledge of what they said.

I don't believe that is entirely accurate. I have to check when I get home, but I thought I noticed that their response appears above the main screen.

Normally, I don't look up there, since I prefer to read what they say as they say it, but if it skips...

When I get home, I'll make sure, then perhaps I'll post some screenshots.

there's a bug i've had in the Peragus Fuel Depot. T3 goes in the elevator, goes to next level, and then the game gets messed up. When i try to move him forward, he starts, then stops. You can still hear him moving, but he just stays still. Sometimes he starts to jerk around in a circle. I heard someone else had that exact same problem. If anyone knows how to fix this, please respond! i've made the graphics really low (no grass, no shadows, etc.) but it still happens. I uninstalled the game, reinstalled it, and it keeps happening. If no one knows, i hope they have a fix in the patch (and the patch will hopefully come soon!)