Obsidian

kirottu

They had no choice. How can you refuse two expansions to games that sold a million copies each? You can

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Here's a scenario for you:

Bioware enters the publishing field with Dragon Age.

Obsidian comes up with their own IP.

Bioware publishes Obsidian's IP.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Here's a scenario for you:

Bioware enters the publishing field with Dragon Age.

Obsidian comes up with their own IP.

Bioware publishes Obsidian's IP.

Except Bio doesn't even publish their own games.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Not to be anal but to quote myself:

"Here's a SCENARIO for you:

Bioware ENTERS the publishing field with Dragon Age."

I'm not saying it's likely, but it is possible. Stranger things have happened.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Although there are many games I would love to see Obsidian make, cold, logical reasoning leads me to believe the eventual outcome will end up being KOTOR3. I think hoping for anything else will lead to dissapointment. I think making their own IP would be a luxury for them that they can't afford at this point. I think Atari has already stretched their development funds thin on current projects so I would be very surprised if Obsidian picked up another D&D project now, unless they got BG3. In a couple years it may be another story

I think making their own IP would be a luxury for them that they can't afford at this point.

Not buying it. Not every upstart company gets a cashcow IP, and not every upstart company needs one to "get started."

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I'd like Feargus to go to MCA and be like "Ok, what do you want to do, draw up a proposal and I'll shop it around."

Maybe he could bust out that high school RPG he wanted(unless that was a joke). Cash in on the Sims crowd.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"Obsidian has done or inthe process of doing 2 cashcow CRPG. If they did their finances right they can afford to make their own IP. I mean if Troika can do so with their initial game, Obsidian can easily do it for their 3rd."

Did you notice the fatc that Arcanum bombed, and Troika then rushed out and did two licensed products and now don't even have a game (as far as we know) officially being devloped and they're busy trying to push their PA idea on any publisher willing to take it? Yeah, Troika's model of business is definitely one that Obsidian wants to follow.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I heard Valve spent nearly 40 million dollars on developing Half-Life 2.. I'm not sure Obsidian has that amount of cash just yet. Oh, and that's assuming they aim to create a Half-Life-2-killer RPG.. :-

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Obsidian has done or inthe process of doing 2 cashcow CRPG. If they did their finances right they can afford to make their own IP. I mean if Troika can do so with their initial game, Obsidian can easily do it for their 3rd."

Did you notice the fatc that Arcanum bombed, and Troika then rushed out and did two licensed products and now don't even have a game (as far as we know) officially being devloped and they're busy trying to push their PA idea on any publisher willing to take it? Yeah, Troika's model of business is definitely one that Obsidian wants to follow.

R00fles!

You have a point there, but since Obsidian is in a better position than Troika is right now I think it would be a good time to do their own IP. I think that 2 license products for each original IP would be a good ratio for Obsidian.

Oh, I agree. That's why my votes is for their next game to be an original game.if at all possible.

Just don't think Troika is the one they should be idiolize business model wise.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.