Do you think KOTOR 3 is already being developed?

Xenon? Whats the Xenon? POWER TO THE NOBLE GAS CONSOLE!!!

Hades, how are the people incharge of finances also incharge of Game Storylines? You must mean everybody in LucasArts is a bunch of idiots. Well, I would agree then aslong as you dont consider the developers idiots too because they have to follow LA's stupid instructions...

Some facts:

KotOR3 is not currently under development anywhere.

It had started development at Lucas Arts not long after we started development on KotOR2.

The team at Lucas Arts working on KotOR3 was let go and no development has happened on it since.

There's nothing at this point as to what systems a hypothetical KotOR3 title would come out on.

That should squelch a couple rumors. :p

-Akari

At last some light in the tunnel! Thanks Akari! :p

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Some facts:

It had started development at Lucas Arts not long after we started development on KotOR2.

The team at Lucas Arts working on KotOR3 was let go and no development has happened on it since.

There's nothing at this point as to what systems a hypothetical KotOR3 title would come out on.

That should squelch a couple rumors. :p

-Akari

As many have said, it's for the best. LucasArts titles developed in-house have a disturbing tendency to be totally and completely awful, at least since the glory days of Monkey Island.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Some facts:

That should squelch a couple rumors. :geek:

-Akari

So this means 1 of 2 things:

1-KOTOR3 is not currently being developed

or

2-Akari is left in the dark about a great many things :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Im guessing no ones going to touch KOTOR 3 for a while. I figure it'll be at least 2-3 years. And even then if they want to make it steller they have to put in another maybe 1, 2 or even 3 years of work. KOTOR 3 will not be out anytime soon folks.

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

Im guessing no ones going to touch KOTOR 3 for a while. I figure it'll be at least 2-3 years. And even then if they want to make it steller they have to put in another maybe 1, 2 or even 3 years of work. KOTOR 3 will not be out anytime soon folks.

Nah...we'll have our grubby mitts on K3 within 2 years. :ph34r:

manthing2.jpg

Some facts:

That should squelch a couple rumors. :rolleyes:

-Akari

Thank the lord it's not being developed in-house at LA.

Some facts:

That should squelch a couple rumors. :rolleyes:

-Akari

So who the hell laid off the staff for KOTORIII? They must be an idoit! It's one of LA's must succesful games!

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Lucas Arts didn't 'lay off the staff for kotor 3,' as you put it.

Some Analyst said to GL: the profit margins for lucasfilm ltd. for games from lucas arts is 8% lower than the return to lucasfilm on lucasfilm's intellectual property when contracted with an outside party. It would be advantageous if we were to concurrently cease the creation of inhouse computer entertainment and close lucasarts itself so that we could have a revenue increase of 13% when considering that not only are we blahblahblah less in taxes, but simultaneously saving blahblahblah on payroll.

Guarantee that's what happened.

Kotor3 is collateral damage.

Lucas Arts didn't 'lay off the staff for kotor 3,' as you put it.

Some Analyst said to GL: the profit margins for lucasfilm ltd. for games from lucas arts is 8% lower than the return to lucasfilm on lucasfilm's intellectual property when contracted with an outside party. It would be advantageous if we were to concurrently cease the creation of inhouse computer entertainment and close lucasarts itself  so that we could have a revenue increase of 13% when considering that not only are we blahblahblah less in taxes, but simultaneously saving blahblahblah on payroll.

Guarantee that's what happened.

Kotor3 is collateral damage.

Don't worry GL won't live to shut down KOTORIII :rolleyes:"

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Does anyone know what Kotor I netted? What it comes down to is how much profit these games made for LucasArts. That is what will determine if we get a third installment. I dont think it matters how many awards the game wins or a bunch of people on a forum begging for a game. The game just needs to have a large enough profit margin to make it worth the investment.

Here's my guess.

There is so really hefty competition out there. KOTOR:2 doesn't have a big ad campaign out right now and it's fighting against Halo 2, GTA:SA, HL2, etc.

Maybe LA is waiting to cash in on KOTOR:2, and pray that it sells well before financing another project.

Does anyone know what Kotor I netted? What it comes down to is how much profit these games made for LucasArts. That is what will determine if we get a third installment. I dont think it matters how many awards the game wins or a bunch of people on a forum begging for a game. The game just needs to have a large enough profit margin to make it worth the investment.

both of them certainly net more money than all the Star Wars age of empires (or splinter cell or whatever else) ripoffs that LA keeps putting out.

I should say gross, actually.

Battlefront, though fun, didn't seem like it took more than a few months and even less people to make considering it seemed like a mod of one of the five vietnam games or ten WW2 games my brother has. I would expect development costs to be a fraction of kotor II.

I prefer it this way...Lucasarts doesn't impress me much. I have no doubt a sequel will be made...it's a nice cash crop right now...and after the last movie comes out in may, the EU is all we have left.

Shows what you know.

The fans of Supershadow.com are going to finance and make episodes 7, 8 and 9.

These movies will be directed by supershadow.

He's already talked to harrison ford, mark hamil and Carrie fisher and is going to sign them for about 20 million a piece to be in them.

I also have the inside scoop that he's going to get that Mobu woman from WBII (weekend at bernie's 2) to resurrect Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing so that their corpses can fight each other with lightsabres and dance every time someone plays James Brown.

Supershadow's so cool. He bangs a new chick everyday. I'm glad he tells us this because otherwise I wouldn't know that he's such a stud and might think he's some stupid star wars geek that looks like that bruce freak from the tic-tac-toe game with F list celebrities.

On a serious note, I really think everyone should check out supershadow.com just to read the delisciously awful script synopses for 7, 8, & 9 he wrote in George Lucas's name. Stay away from the text on the main page though, because it really does have a lot of spoilers for episode 3 that seem like they might be legit.

I'm trashed goodnight nobody

Man, you people are slow with the information. KotOR III is already on the shelves and its beating KotOR II in sales. Do you people ever pay attention to the news? Sheesh.... Its good KotOR III came out for the PC first, I'm already on the 4th planet.

Actualy LA said near the beginging of production for KOTORIII that it would be an "Only on Xbox Title". I think your playing KOTOR.

Yeah right, making the final part of KOTOR an Xbox only would be a really good present to the PC users that liked and bought the first two games.

I was joking dumbass, just like DSluke was.

for the past 2 kotor games it been made by a different developing team just becasuse lucasarts isn't gonna develop it doesn't mean it won't be made at all. It just gonna be for other companies like bioware and/or obsidian to develop it. My opinion just wait till after the kotor II comes out for PC for NA and xbox and pc for international countries.

it would be wasting money to be developing a squeal right before the orignal get released and the orignal won't sell well. i'm talking in general not certain games.

As long as lucasarts are continuing making alot of money off the series i would expect another game of the series.

Thats just my 2 cents