Questions to Devs

Yeah my question to the devs......where the f*** is it??? And why the hell does the official site say its on store shelves, when I have called every last friggin story in my friggin state and none of them friggin have it??? And the ones that do have it, won't release it until tomorrow or Wensday, or even FRIDAY! I don't mind waiting for a game, hell I'll wait another two months just like the PC gamers, but when the site says its there and it isn't, that is a little bit frustrating! <_<

Yeah my question to the devs......where the f*** is it??? And why the hell does the official site say its on store shelves, when I have called every last friggin story in my friggin state and none of them friggin have it??? And the ones that do have it, won't release it until tomorrow or Wensday, or even FRIDAY! I don't mind waiting for a game, hell I'll wait another two months just like the PC gamers, but when the site says its there and it isn't, that is a little bit frustrating! <_<

Obsidian has no control, and probably no knowledge, of why or when stores get the games. I suggest you contact Lucasarts instead, since they're in charge of what you're complaining about. :thumbsup:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

My question is, can we get the following information which was inexplicably absent from both the game docs and the strat guide?

Feat Progression per class

Force Power Progression per class

for each of the classes including bonus/starting feats and force powers

Also the skill point per level formula for each class and a listing of what skills are class skills for which classes.

Thanks

olaf

The NWN2 forums are so cold and unfamiliar.  :luck:

-Akari

And their never to get otherwise if you hide in here :thumbsup:

18 months is a long time...

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Akari, as a corollary to your comment on engine efficiency: is part of the framerate disparity between K1/2 and Halo on XBox because Halo was programmed very specifically for XBox in addition to KotOR's programming being more 'lazy'? On my 2yr old PC for which the CPU is the bottleneck, K1 ran fine at 1280x960 except during particle effects like smoke and grenades, while Halo PC, which has no nifty effects like grass blades and speed blurring (frame buffer FX) and rarely has necessarily high-poly surfaces like human faces, ran poorly at 1024x768 whenever there was anything reflective around (which was a good chunk of the time). No FSAA on either one and 32 bpp on both, as I recall. Or maybe I just pause too often during combat on KotOR to notice.

Oh yeah, and can ya'll make higher-res textures for the blasters for K2 PC? K1's looked terrible, as do what I've seen of XBox K2's. I realize its third person, but jeez! Are you assuming that better textures would make the low weapon poly counts (e.g. square or hexagonal 'cylinders' as I recall) so obvious that the blasters would still look bad?

Will we be able to get to game menus from minigames and game-rendered (non-PC dialogue) cutscenes? KotOR was the only game I ever had to regularly exit by killing it with the task manager. Will Alt-Tab'ing (or the game in general) be stable? Will K2 not randomly create corrupt/invalid auto and quicksaves? Don't get me wrong, I loved KotOR, but it was despite a lack of polish/debugging <_< . At least the 'empty' box moniker shows you've on the right track in the polish department.

EDIT: OK, so from after forum reading it seems that many PC'ers had huge bugs, and many had absolutely none. So very varied hardware-specific testing seemed to be lacking. I am assuming that OE is using these 2 mo. between XBox and PC data being given to manufacturing to do just that this time.

Developers (endgame spoilers)-

I've played through the game and I find myself unsatisfied with the hastiness with which the exile's companions have been consigned to the Fates. Places are fine, but people in whom the main character may have vested himself emotionally deserve more than a quick summary of the future.

As for my question: Does this mean that there is no chance of them appearing with the exile if you guys are ever given the opportunity to make a sequel? I find it hard to believe that none would seek him out, especially considering the unique ability of the exile to form near-physical spiritual bonds with others.

It appears that the exile's fate mirrors that of the Nameless One's, but this time it was altogether unfulfilling and left me hollow. I never want to play through the game again, seeing as these are the best possible outcomes. I understand that the game can't end on a super-positive note, but I wished for there to be some hope, and I found none. Only more frustration as the exile departs from the galaxy to wait for a war that may never even occur in his lifetime.

This question has been burning in the back of my mind for a while now, and I don't hold out much hope that you will answer and will not blame you if you do not, but an answer will be greatly appreciated

If a sequel is to be made, you need to be the ones to do it, to do it justice, so that we do not have to go through another storyline with more new characters but no depth and no continuity. KOTOR needs a base, and if LucasArts allows it, you could be that base. There's much that is left unanswered, unfinished, and you are our best hope for filling these voids. You have done an outstanding job with this game and I salute you.

It's funny how like 3 out of 40 questions have been answered, lazy-ass devs.  <_<

you do realize that all but a few devs have moved to other projects and no longer really have the time to answer questions on this board.... right? Most of the answer will/can be found by simply useing the search feture at the top of the screen.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

It's funny how like 3 out of 40 questions have been answered, lazy-ass devs.  <_<

It's funny how people don't bother to use the search function and instead decide to post the same questions that have been answered countless times in here, then complain when they don't get answered for the hundredth time. <_<

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Since the dev's aren't on as much as they had been, and the game is actually out, I'm thinking of closeing the thread, and taking it down... does anyone have a reason they want it to stay?

Maybe this would be better of being stickied in the PC version forum, since that's the only forum that realistically should still have people asking the Devs some questions. Or close this one and sticky a brand new thread like this in the PC forum.

my 2 cents.