Your favourite movie of 2004.

KOTORFanactic

Damn, am I the only one who thought Troy was lame?

No :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well i really like epic movies so mine must be Troy for this year.

If "epic" = Brad Pitt in a skirt

Damn, am I the only one who thought Troy was lame?

Troy is so far the only movie I have seen where when it was over, I wanted to go get another ticket and see it again.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Another film I really liked this year was Before Sunset.

Didn't see the first one though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I am disappointed in you . . . Stereotyping the average teenage girl? Niiiice.

uh? you think the average teenage girl doesn't watch stuff like ella enchanted or mean girls? yeah, i guess they're all watching obscure bulgarian political dramas and egyptian movies with subtitles instead?

Do you think -every- teenage girl does watch those movies? I know my sister and girlfriend haven't watched them - then again, I wouldn't consider them extraordinarily -normal- . . .

Hmmm, films I that I think were tops this year included:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Incredibles

Saddest Music in the World (technically a 2003 film, but it didn't get here until 2004)

Hellboy

The Grudge

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Spidey 2 came out in 04, right?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Don't understand why anyone would say Troy could be the best movie this year, or any year.

Garden State, that was a good movie. Dodgeball was also good.

White Goodman "That

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I thought that eternal sunshine was pretty suprising. But I'll go out on a limb and expect flaming for saying the best time I had watching a movie this year was when me and my dealer got ripped and went to see dawn of the dead

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

spiderman 2 and garden state were good mystic river not sure when it was made but also good, i liked king arthur if only for the fighting so not really the best movie also hero and oceans twelve deserve a mention and just mention a classic movie that everyone must see is Princess Bride do whatever is necessary to see it it is gold even though it old.

Seeing as though we are nearing the end of 2004, I thought we may like to share our favourite movie of 2004. (dont need to post now, in December/2005 is good aswell).

Mine would have to be The Incredibles. Funny, deals with real life situations (marital problems, kid problems etc) and the characters were so beleiveable.

Well, post away.

My favorite part was when Mr. Incredible was in the insurance office.....so true.

Hellboy.

Mmmm Ron Perlman  :p

^concurs^

My favorite part was when Mr. Incredible was in the insurance office.....so true.

Ah the American Dream, to murder and humiliate your boss.

This year has been a pretty rubbish year for movies i have to say. Now I am picky when it comes to films, and a film really has to appeal to me, most this year, haven't.

The only 2 that have, and have been memorable have been, for me at least:

The Incredibles

Shrek 2

Let us hope next year is better

Ah the American Dream, to murder and humiliate your boss.

This year has been a pretty rubbish year for movies i have to say. Now I am picky when it comes to films, and a film really has to appeal to me, most this year, haven't.

The only 2 that have, and have been memorable have been, for me at least:

The Incredibles

Shrek 2

Let us hope next year is better

Should have been more specific. The insurance CUBICLE with the OLD LADY.

Rereading this thread, I noticed that Volourn mentioned Jersey Girl.

This movie got passed over by most people because it had J-Lo and Ben Affeck. But what people don't know is that this is a REALLY GOOD movie.

I think there are only two movies I've ever seen that have both made my laugh and cry in one sitting.

The first is Life is Beautiful. The second is Jersey Girl.

I assure you that J-Lo dies early on, and Ben Affleck is actually quite enjoyable when given a good script. Too bad he picks up a lot of bad scripts.

Wow, that's hard. Spiderman 2 rocked, although I tragically have to deduct points as it rewrote the spiderman comic book history. Sky Captain I liked, major points for the use of human actors merged with CG evironment. Somewhat corny, but I believe that was intentional as it was paying homage to all the classic corny 30's-50's sci-fi. Van Helsing ehhh...points for having Kate Beckinsale, but that's about it. Hmmmm, I'm gonna go with Sky Captain as corny as it might have been, it took some serious moxie for those guys to actually put it in theaters. :-

Spiderman 1 also seriously rewrote comic book history. The bridge with the Green Goblin and MJ... SpiderMan's first love was supposed to die in a similiar manner, but she's not even in the picture.

But in 3 two-hour movies, you can only have so much history.

Sam Raimi said he's not gauranteeing that Harry will follow in his father's footsteps. He's also not sure which villian to use for Spiderman 3. He said it will largely depend on what journey Peter/Spiderman is to go through.

Sony has also demanded that Sam wrap "everything" up in the next one. Silly Sony.

spiderman could and should be at least as long as superman has gone everything today has to be a trilogy to be "in" according to movie companies that is all they understand cause of LOTR but that is designed to be a trilogy unlike spiderman which is neverending comic madness, cutting off a series is silly just for trying to be in