Your favourite movie of 2004.

KOTORFanactic

i thought there were a bunch of good movies this year...

spidey 2 was sweet, got down to who parker really is.

azkaban made hogwarts seem more like a REAL place and com'on, the bird and tree...that was hilarious.

hero was awesome, insanely gorgeous to look at, every shot could be a wallpaper

incredibles, families are awesome. probably my fav of the year (i don't count hero as being this year)

lots of other good ones too, and sarah mentioned love, actually. i liked that film, so good in many ways (sub-story with the writer was my fav, well, second fav, knightly's hot). i thought the narration at the airport was a good message too.

Catwoman was CLEARLY the best film of the decade.

Berry said she'd never go back to X-Men since she won an Oscar. (X-Men meant working with guys like Brain Cox, Patrick Stewart, Brian Singer, Ian McKellen, Anna Paquin, etc.)

Catwoman was CLEARLY the superior way to go.

Catwoman was CLEARLY the best film of the decade.

Berry said she'd never go back to X-Men since she won an Oscar.  (X-Men meant working with guys like Brain Cox, Patrick Stewart, Brian Singer, Ian McKellen, Anna Paquin, etc.)

Catwoman was CLEARLY the superior way to go.

X-men is far superior to Catwoman but Halle Berry would rather be star of bad movie than have a smaller role on a blockbuster

Rereading this thread, I noticed that Volourn mentioned Jersey Girl.

This movie got passed over by most people because it had J-Lo and Ben Affeck.  But what people don't know is that this is a REALLY GOOD movie.

I think there are only two movies I've ever seen that have both made my laugh and cry in one sitting.

The first is Life is Beautiful.  The second is Jersey Girl.

I assure you that J-Lo dies early on, and Ben Affleck is actually quite enjoyable when given a good script.  Too bad he picks up a lot of bad scripts.

To me, the problem with Jersey Girl was not Affleck and J Lo but that it was a lot worse than other Kevin Smith movies. To my mind, there is a huge difference in quality between Jersey Girl and Chasing Amy.

Have you seen Chasing Amy?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Chasing Amy is one of my favorite movies of all time. Jersey Girl is not Chasing Amy. Jersey Girl is not Kevin's best work. But it's still a damn fine movie that got bad media attention months before release. No one saw the movie. No one knew about the movie. Yet the media said it would bomb way in advance just because J-Lo was in it with Ben. I think that's pretty screwed up that the media decided to sink a movie they knew nothing about.

Edit: And I was being sarcastic about Catwoman. That movie was horrid.

Chasing Amy is one of my favorite movies of all time.  Jersey Girl is not Chasing Amy.  Jersey Girl is not Kevin's best work.  But it's still a damn fine movie that got bad media attention months before release.  No one saw the movie.  No one knew about the movie.  Yet the media said it would bomb way in advance just because J-Lo was in it with Ben.  I think that's pretty screwed up that the media decided to sink a movie they knew nothing about.

Edit:  And I was being sarcastic about Catwoman.  That movie was horrid.

Glad to see we agree.

Didn't Chasing Amy make you laugh and cry in one sitting?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Chasing Amy didn't make me cry, but it did emotionally impact me. It was one of the most honest movies I've ever seen. Jersey Girl has a few really honest moments, but it has some sitcomism/cheese as well.

I love the ending of Chasing Amy, and I'm one of the only ones. But that's how life really is.

. . . Last minute, but add Garden State and Hero to my list. My girlfriend just -had- to force me to watch them, and they were surprisingly enjoyable. Of course, since she began reading this forum, I have to start censoring my comments . . . ha! . . . and be prepared to watch Chasing Amy sometime.

girls usually try to teach their guys culture but i'll be the teacher of culture when i find a willing student

You do realize that teaching culture does (usually) not involve taking your clothes off, right?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

girls usually try to teach their guys culture but i'll be the teacher of culture when i find a willing student

You do realize that teaching culture does (usually) not involve taking your clothes off, right?

escuse me, i'll drag her to more plays, cult movies, read to her more poetry(my own work too) then she would normally go to

I saw the first Kill Bill right before the second came out and i didn't think it was as great as the first but upon further viewings its right up there. Shawn of the Dead was a riot, and Super Size Me convinced me not to eat as much fast food.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"Rereading this thread, I noticed that Volourn mentioned Jersey Girl.

This movie got passed over by most people because it had J-Lo and Ben Affeck. But what people don't know is that this is a REALLY GOOD movie.

I think there are only two movies I've ever seen that have both made my laugh and cry in one sitting.

The first is Life is Beautiful. The second is Jersey Girl.

I assure you that J-Lo dies early on, and Ben Affleck is actually quite enjoyable when given a good script. Too bad he picks up a lot of bad scripts. "

A little late her;e but oh well.

I hate that people feel that it's cool to bash Ben Affleck. I seriosuly think he's a terriffic actor. I have yet to watch a movie of his I hate. Even Gigli with it's retarded name was a pretty good movie. Daredevil is also one of the best superhero movies of all time, imo.

He's awesome and people just deal with that fact.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I hate that people feel that it's cool to bash Ben Affleck. I seriosuly think he's a terriffic actor. I have yet to watch a movie of his I hate.  Even Gigli with it's retarded name was a pretty good movie. Daredevil is also one of the best superhero movies of all time, imo.

He's awesome and people just deal with that fact.

Daredevil one of the best? It was basically a big Evanescence music video. There was nothing good about that movie, imho.

Affleck rocks in plenty of stuff he's done. He also sucks equally in a lot of other stuff. Which includes Daredevil and Paycheck.

I can't comment on Gigli, I never bothered to see it.