Your favourite movie of 2004.

KOTORFanactic

I'm not a big fan of movies, so I haven't really watched many this year.

I'll say House of Flying Daggers, but only because I already saw Hero 2 yrs ago.

And I haven't seen ROTKEE yet.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I can't possibly limit myself to one movie, so this'll be another top five list. Because loves top 5 lists. And I recently watched High Fidelity again.

1. The Incredibles

2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

3. Oldboy

4. Collateral

5. Kill Bill vol. 2

Honorable mentions to Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, Memories of Murder and Open Water.

Dishonarable mention: I, Robot. Not so much for the actual movie, it was a competent enough sci-fi action flick, but for the fact that it included gratuitous glowing red audi logos, ten minute shots of jvc stereos and 'vintage' 2004 sneakers. I was not amused.

I can't possibly limit myself to  one movie, so this'll be another top five list. Because loves top 5 lists. And I recently watched High Fidelity again.

1. The Incredibles

2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

3. Oldboy

4. Collateral

5. Kill Bill vol. 2

Honorable mentions to Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, Memories of Murder and Open Water.

Dishonarable mention: I, Robot. Not so much for the actual movie, it was a competent enough sci-fi action flick, but for the fact that it included gratuitous glowing red audi logos, ten minute shots of jvc stereos and 'vintage' 2004 sneakers. I was not amused.

I just watched i Robot and thought it was okay because the Fresh prince didn't talk so much. Who would in an arm wrestle between him and clone wars Anakin?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Driller Killer ... Its an old film but I watched it for the first time yesterday.

Its so bad its good. :evil::lol: LOL ... Its really very bad and

the directors commentary is hilarious.

They don't make films like they used to, back in the Seventies. Fulci and Savini and the like. I miss those B-rated, low-budget, poorly acted, politically-incorrect movies ...

somehow they were a lot of fun to watch. Todays' stuff is so very boring and pretentious. "What color/shiny CG would you like to watch today?" (Bonus: Love interest included). Where are the Godfather, Scarface or Taxi Driver of our present day?*

Don't flame me too badly... I know there are some independant and cool movies that come out every year. Its just most holywood crap that I find

depressing and boring. Though the remake of "Dawn of the Dead" was worthy. Sort of.

Another funny one was Hellboy, the funniest was probably Micheal Moore's docu-/rant/-mentary. I can't recall its name right now.

Though I recall thinking it ironic that the government that he so gleefully painted black, allowed the making and airing of such a piece. Whereas in most other countries such a thing would be unthinkable.

I still need to see "Shaun of the dead", I hear its fun.

Coming out 2005 is "The Devils Rejects", directed by Rob Zombie ... :heh: I can smell the blood already.

Also looking forward to "Constantine" starring Keanu*wooah* Reeves, based on DC Comics' Garth Ennis penned "Hellblazer".

*(rhetorical question)

"This is the Nostromo, signing off..."

Shaun of the Dead

...haven't laughed soo damn hard in a long time at a movie... :lol:

"There is no I in Team, but there is one in Meat Pie"

...British Humor; God Bless it!!!... :-

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Films I saw in the last year that I enjoyed:

21 Grams

The Incredibles

Super Size Me

Kill Bill 2

Shaun of the Dead (if you liked Shaun of the Dead, track down a TV series called 'Spaced'- written, starring and directed by the same team responsible for Shaun of the Dead....and it's ace)

I'm sure there are others, but my memory fails me at the moment...