Choices at Beginning of K2

I like it this way. Atleast that way it fits with the ending that the official SW databank went with (LS male), so that continuity is kept. It also always leeway for KOTOR3 perhaps to use Revan and continue with a similar path.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I like it this way.  Atleast that way it fits with the ending that the official SW databank went with (LS male), so that continuity is kept.  It also always leeway for KOTOR3 perhaps to use Revan and continue with a similar path.

Personally id preferred it was a Light side Revan, either male or female since it would add more from Kotor1 since it i believe was about redemption, is to look at theme.

However it being choice base i dont mind either but if it was choice between the 2 id prefer LS male/female Revan.

Of course the reasons for the LS-Male choice are obvious as many have pointed out. But: What I find intriguing about a 'single K1 outcome' is whether the consequences of all other K1 endings boil themselves down to the LS-Male ending by default, and maybe very hastily, in the K2 designer's vision of the inter-episode events and/or the events at the beginning of K2.....

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

And if the game cares about Revans gender, it cares about his voice, and because of that it cares about him being alive and as@s kicking

That's kinda stretching. The game probably just wants to know Revan's gender so they don't have to refer to him/her as 'them' or 'they' all the time.....and since Revan never said anything except when he/she scored a critical hit, Revan may end up completely silent for the game, if he/she shows up at all.

No, there's still (unfortunately) a better than average chance that Revan is a moldering corpse. Or perhaps festering.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I think the dark side ending is more epic. The game obviously revolves around the idea of redemption (again?) and then wham! instead of episode VI you get a mixture of episode III and V, revan defeats malak, takes over the mantle of sith lord and pretty much takes over the galaxy. He becomes a much more important person. The l/s revan remains a pawn of the council, even accepting his medal standing there nobly, and you don't really see him come to terms with being revan.

And if the game cares about Revans gender, it cares about his voice, and because of that it cares about him being alive and as@s kicking

That's kinda stretching. The game probably just wants to know Revan's gender so they don't have to refer to him/her as 'them' or 'they' all the time.....and since Revan never said anything except when he/she scored a critical hit, Revan may end up completely silent for the game, if he/she shows up at all.

No, there's still (unfortunately) a better than average chance that Revan is a moldering corpse. Or perhaps festering.

Thats not necessarily a bad thing. Though I think people aught to trust Obsidian a little more than they have done. What ever Revan's fate, I'm sure it will stay true to the original game.

I think the dark side ending is more epic. The game obviously revolves around the idea of redemption (again?) and then wham! instead of episode VI you get a mixture of episode III and V, revan defeats malak, takes over the mantle of sith lord and pretty much takes over the galaxy. He becomes a much more important person. The l/s revan remains a pawn of the council, even accepting his medal standing there nobly, and you don't really see him come to terms with being revan.

I know I've always preferred the Dark Side ending. But, frankly, the Dark Side up until the decision on the Temple is one of the weakest points of the game. You don't come across as a Darth Sidious, a mastermind of evil; you come across as a petty, snot-nosed punk being a jerk just for the sake of being a jerk. The 'evil' game has never been one of Bioware's strengths.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

From what I've heard, it sounds like the game makes more sense if you played KotOR 1 to the DS ending. Aren't the Sith winning when KotOR 2 starts? That's a lot more consistent with the DS path, though it doesn't explain why Revan's not still in charge.

From what I've heard, it sounds like the game makes more sense if you played KotOR 1 to the DS ending. Aren't the Sith winning when KotOR 2 starts? That's a lot more consistent with the DS path, though it doesn't explain why Revan's not still in charge.

I wouldn't say so. The Sith were beating the crap out of the Republic during the K1. Many Jedi and Republic...ans :) were killed during the battle of the Star Forge. Either way, LS or DS, it makes sense. I would guess there would be less Sith in the LS ending rather than the DS but still a lot nevertheless.

It makes sense that the default would be the "good" light side ending. The dark side story in KOTOR makes no sense at all. All these goody-goody people are sitting around watching you lie, cheat, steal, maim, and murder and they do nothing about it. What's more, they act surprised when you stab them in the back. It's especially strange if your character is a woman.

Carth: You're so beautiful.

Revan: My skin is grey.

Carth: I could get lost for an eternity in your eyes!

Revan: My eyes are blank looking and colorless.

Carth: Your hair smells like roses.

Revan: My hair is grey and falling out.

Carth: . . . and your perfect teeth. . .

Revan: My teeth are yellow and disgusting. What's the matter with you?

On the light side story though, male and female seem equally natural to me (as long as you resist Admiral Karath's interrogation). I can see why they made male the default though.

I should be nearly the same. In both ways the Star Forge will have been destroyed, whether directly in the battle or later on because of other reasons.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Pshhh. No. It's because men are the "default" protagonist for most stories. Example: More men like games where men are in it. Are the protagonist. The same for games. That's why you occasionally hear about Monolith trying to appeal to the guys with Contract JACK instead of catering to the already in-love NOLF fans. :blink:

I'm a bit disappointed. In the movies, the main characters are usually male, with the exception of a female royalty type in the movies. Peh.

Princess Leia was my hero when I was little. :"> Not that she was a princess. . .But that she could kick butt. That was, until of course, Return of the Jedi. :p

Edit: Thinking about you wonderful little ditty up there, Taran'atar, made me wonder why the Dark Siders were so ugly. There's got to be SOME good looking, dead sexy ones out there.

I want my Exile to be seduced by a gracefully muscular MSG. :D

Fnord.