KOTOR II Box Art

I like it.

It's almost certain now that Darth Mask will be the final villain. I wonder who it is Atris is fighting.

It also could be that the Lucasarts Marketing guys liked the design of MSG and decided to use him/her as the "grabber" to lure gamers in. Not that anyone on this board would need lured in, of course...

Why does everyone have to be cynics. I think it looks fine, I mean it is just coverart! Who cares about the box...it is whats inside that counts.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Question: Why do all 3 sith lords use only a single lightsaber?

Sion, MSG and #3 all using 1 saber seems boring.

Shouldn't the maurader class sith use 2 or a double bladed to make them more damaging?

It also seems sad that the only 'new' information we get comes not from Lucasarts but from a game website. ;) Come on Lucasarts give us something.....

Excellent cover. Draws your eye to Sith-Boy and the planitary eclipse-ish thing. Done by a very skilled graphics designer, I'd say. Though the empty space on the upper right seems a bit wrong to me. :unsure:

Mmm. Finally something new to talk to for a few days and then old news!

[Edit]

I see Atris in the background, and Darth Scion in the foreground. HK and T3 are both present, as is the ebon hawk. There appear to be some figures in middle right. Atris seems to be making a violent leap at a ninja-ish figure. :blink:

Analyze, anyone? What do you all see?

Fnord.

Let's hope that the storyline will be more original than this cover art.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I think that cover arts for Gladius, Clone Wars or Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb are much better and original. Why they didn't hire Hugh Fleming or Dave Dorman or any other sci-fi painter to do the job properly?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

I'm going to take a guess and say because they can't please everyone all of the time so they went with who they personally thought could do the job they wanted and give them what they felt would work for the game.

Some people will/do like it.

Some people will/don't like it.

*Shrugs*

Its definitely good enough for me, now just to wait to Sept.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think people would rather have a more enjoyable game than a nice looking box art.

I have to agree with this, I mean until someone said that it looked like KOTOR's box art I didn't even notice it, that goes to show how much I care about the box art really. Also I think the box art is quite fitting since it would seem to follow the precident set by the OT in the way art is layed out (i.e. the movie poters all had roughly the same look to them). So it would stand to reason that the KOTOR series would follow this as well IMHO anyway.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Emperor's Tomb was made by Drew Struzan - the same guy who designed all indy covers and posters. It is close to the movies but don't say that's rip-off.

I'd prefer art made by a professional - Fleming or Dorman or Stephen Youll... sorry but I think that game of such caliber as TSL should have cover art made by best, not some unknown and hopeless jerk.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Emperor's Tomb was made by Drew Struzan - the same guy who designed all indy covers and posters. It is close to the movies but don't say that's rip-off.

I'd prefer art made by a professional - Fleming or Dorman or Stephen Youll... soryy but I think that game of such caliber as TSL  should have cover art made by best, not some unknown and hopeless jerk.

Okay, so it's not a rip-off. But it is NOT original. It owes a lot to all the Indy posters. IIRC, you claimed that the Emperor's Tomb was much more original. It's not. K2 is going for the same thing. And I think the artist did I damn fine job a lot better than I could do. I wouldn't go so far to call the artist hopeless.

not some unknown and hopeless jerk.

you do realize that Everyone starts out as an unknown in any business, right! and what is it that makes them a hopeless jerk? do you know them or something?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Yeah but even early Dorman was already wonderful and TSL cover artist is a jerk if compared to Dorman or other sci-fi artists. Compare this cover to Dorman's wonderful dark empire covers etc I say this guy's a JERK

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: