KOTOR II Box Art

its a game...

You'll get it out of its box, play it for a week or so, put it back in the box and probably not use the box much more. The box will just sit there and collect dust, unless your someone who has no life and plans to frame the box art and put it in a glass cabinet in your guest room or on your mantle...

I like it. It resembles the SW movie posters so people will identify it with SW. It resembles the first game, so people can easily tell it is the sequal, but it is not so similar that people will be confused.

A poor cover design can hurt sales, like a close up of an unrecognisable ugly blue face.

I wonder if it has any hidden details/clues like the hidden Star Forge on the KotOR cover? I assume the burning planet has some meaning beyond decorative.

The shadowy third Sith Lord Atris is fighting could be the PC.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I think the box art definitely isn't the original one, because of one or more of the following points:

1. there are no new characters, only those who have already been uncovered by LA

2. "RP"! (ESRB: Rate pending)

3. The masked Sith guy is positioned in the center of the cover (cp. Vader in RotJ)

4. Darth Sion is not in the center

5. "The Sith Lords" (too simplistic font type)

6. Atris and her opponent are copied from another source

7. LA logo is there, but where is Obsidian Entertainment...?

8. the border on the top doesn't look very authentic

9. bad quality

10. last but not least it's extremely stereotype (and ugly)

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

The Box art could use some improvement...If they do decide to change it up a bit..Keep the masked Sith on the cover..He/she looks nice on the front...Yeah i didnt see the Obsidian logo anywhere either but i seen it in the old trailer...Dont tell me LA is getting greedy and taking all the credit

I don't think at this point that the cover art has been decided yet, just sampled, and it really doesn't matter to me it could be just white with a big 2 and I'd probaly look at it just as much as if Brohm did it

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Not a bad idea at all.

Having a completely black cover, but writting Knights Of The Old Republic II : The Sitgh Lords with red and gold letters

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I like the fact that the MSG is shown in prominence.  I hope he is the final boss.

I would doubt it because if you look at the walk through trailer its sion who is standing malaks spot on the main screen, but with that being said it would make more sense to have either one of the unknown lords or the MSG to be the main boss because we know nothing of them yet and more than likely (with the way things are going right now) wont know anything about them till right before the games full release (i.e. world wide release).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I would doubt it because if you look at the walk through trailer its sion who is standing malaks spot on the main screen...

Wasn't it confirmed a while back that Sion wasn't the main bad guy?

And wasn't it also said that different characters will show up in that spot on the start up screen?

I could be wrong but I thought something like was stated.

I would doubt it because if you look at the walk through trailer its sion who is standing malaks spot on the main screen...

Wasn't it confirmed a while back that Sion wasn't the main bad guy?

And wasn't it also said that different characters will show up in that spot on the start up screen?

I could be wrong but I thought something like was stated.

Oh... I didn't realize that it had been confirmed that sion wasn't the main bad guy yet. :p

I know it has been said the others will appear in that spot, but was it a dev that said that or was it just someone else on the boards?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

Oh... I didn't realize that it had been confirmed that sion wasn't the main bad guy yet.

Heh,I might be wrong on that as well but I was under the impression that it had been confirmed,Sion is not The bad guy.

I know it has been said the others will appear in that spot, but was it a dev that said that or was it just someone else on the boards?

I think it was a Dev,but I'm not a 100% sure. That comment was a while back. It raised the question about the PC's character showing up on there if they went DS or something along those lines.

It had been mentioned in his profile that Darth Sion is the leader of the Sith Assassins of "The Sith Lords" which still leaves the "Sith Marauder" and "Sith Lord" classes to have a Dark Lord. I imagine the Sith Lord will be the main baddie.

And as for the start-up screen, it was a dev that confirmed different faces appearing.

And as for the start-up screen, it was a dev that confirmed different faces appearing.

ok cool thanks for clearing that up, I was trying to do a search to find out but kept coming up with nothing relevant so thanks agian.

AscendedPaladin.png

Oh... I didn't realize that it had been confirmed that sion wasn't the main bad guy yet.

Heh,I might be wrong on that as well but I was under the impression that it had been confirmed,Sion is not The bad guy.

I think it was a Dev,but I'm not a 100% sure. That comment was a while back. It raised the question about the PC's character showing up on there if they went DS or something along those lines.

It looks like I was wrong on both points, and thanks for the info too.

AscendedPaladin.png

Has it even been confirmed that there are only 3? I know it makes sense and all but I've yet to see an official number said.

Now this I can answer ;) , Akari said that the number would change as the PC progressed through the game so there is no real set number of lords.

Total number of Sith Lords? Hm... it changes over the course of the game, what there is at the start isn't how many there will be in total by the end. I'll leave it at that for now.

-Akari

taken from the weekend developer thread #4

AscendedPaladin.png

Has it even been confirmed that there are only 3? I know it makes sense and all but I've yet to see an official number said.

Now this I can answer, Akari said that the number would change as the PC progressed through the game so there is no real set number of lords.

Yeah, you can kill some Sith Lords, your party members might become Sith Lords, or you yourself may become a Sith Lord. THere is a set starting number, but it won't last for long.

He's a sneaky one... ;)

That could mean:

The number is different at the end of the game because you kill some off.

Could mean more join,maybe the PC?

Could mean you start off thinking there are 2 or 3 and find out there or 5 or 6.

Heh,that make for a great ending fight. Your character,two party members Vs a group of really upset Sith Lords.

;) So it looks like there is nothing confirmed saying there is only 3.

He's a sneaky one... ;)

That could mean:

The number is different at the end of the game because you kill some off.

Could mean more join,maybe the PC?

Could mean you start off thinking there are 2 or 3 and find out there or 5 or 6.

Heh,that make for a great ending fight. Your character,t party members Vs a group of really upset Sith Lords.

;) So it looks like there is nothing confirmed saying there is only 3.

Perhaps if you fail in instructing your apprentice, then they could be a Sith Lord...set up an Episode III style Obi-Wan/Anakin duel.

B)

Perhaps if you fail in instructing your apprentice, then they could be a Sith Lord...set up an Episode III style Obi-Wan/Anakin duel.

;)

Was that even confirmed?

I know a lot of people want and/or assume it's in because of the one comment. But that doesn't mean people are going to get one. That comment could mean a lot of things.