Killing another party companion early on...

In KOTOR1 you could not kill the party members anytime you wish, but you can still leave them at Ebon Hawk...

So whats the big deal about kicking them out...

It's not too realistic. It's a simplistic solution to a problem done better in previous games. It restricts my choices as a player.

I like the idea that you can currupt your party members!!! :angry:

You don't like this idea? I think it's a great idea if done well. That's one thing I didn't like about the first game. I'll wait until the final game or perhaps more interview before passing final judgement on how well it works.

In KOTOR1 you could not kill the party members anytime you wish, but you can still leave them at Ebon Hawk...

It's not too realistic. It's a simplistic solution to a problem done better in previous games. It restricts my choices as a player.

The story evolves around the characters too much for it I think... Imagine killing Bastila at the start...

You might be right in your own view, but I personally would be willing to sucrifice those choices for better storyline involving the characters...

I like the idea that you can currupt your party members!!! :angry:

You don't like this idea? I think it's a great idea if done well. That's one thing I didn't like about the first game. I'll wait until the final game or perhaps more interview before passing final judgement on how well it works.

I like this idea but you should not be able to corrupt everysingle member... Some of them just have to be too strong in their beliefs to be swayed one way or another.

That I agree with. Of course the ones who feel that strongly in their beleifs would also leave your team, permanently. Some would even attack you. Of course we don't know how this will work but I liked the BG method.

The story evolves around the characters too much for it I think... Imagine killing Bastila at the start...

You might be right in your own view, but I personally would be willing to sucrifice those choices for better storyline involving the characters...

There is no reason though for all characters that you can add to your party to be essential to the plot. I'd prefer some more variety in who I can add (or maybe the ability to create more than one character) and perhaps some characters could be expendable. It's not like Canderous or Zaalbar or Juhani were really that essential to the plot of KOTOR1.

I don't really expect Obsidian changing the way this worked from KOTOR1 anyway so I guess it's a moot point.

I like this idea but you should not be able to corrupt everysingle member... Some of them just have to be too strong in their beliefs to be swayed one way or another.

Of course you shouldn't be able to corrupt everyone, that'd be unrealistic. But it should be possible to sway at least some characters either the dark or light way. And it should defintively be an option to corrupt at least one of the "good guys" (preferably Atris) and redeem at least one of the "dark/bad guys"....

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

It is my understanding that as long as the party member in question like you then they will gain light/dark side point as you do. On the other hand if they dont then they will gain ds points as you gain ls point and vice versa. Please correct me if i am wrong!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Given my penchant for playing vanilla lightsiders I doubt I'll end up killing any of my NPCs. Now, if I come upon one beating up an old woman and the only way to end the situation is through killing then, yes, I can see it happening. I would be disappointed if that were the case, however, as I tend to put most of my points into charisma/persuade type skills and abilities.

Dark Wanderer:

"Killing at least some party members can't be avoided, unfortunately."

That remains to be seen. I believe it can be done, however, especially as what party members you have access to depends on your actions and alignment.

Fighter:

" I like this idea but you should not be able to corrupt every single member."

You can't influence/corrupt all possible party members.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

That remains to be seen. I believe it can be done, however, especially as what party members you have access to depends on your actions and alignment.

I see that you're more opitimistic than me then :lol:. But I suppose that we shall see when the game is here. At least, as a LS it should be a lot easier to not end up killing anyone in your party, especially if you put quite a bit of effort in your charisma/persaude skills...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I like it that there is the opportunity to corrupt those that like you. If there is a bastila like character in SL then i cant wait to win her over then bring him/her down with me. That will be very satisfying! But so will the opposite (but not the same extent).

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I find this intriguing as well. It's like you are able to bind someone to you throughout the course of the game. That'll just make you wanna play all the time because you'd be curious to see how your persuasions are effecting this certain character.

It also presents an interesting challenge. If the character that sorta idolizes you has a high will power or intelligence, you'll have to find more subtle ways in which to seduce him/her to your cause.

What could you do to Uthar's bed?

Dark Wanderer:

"I see that you're more opitimistic than me then. But I suppose that we shall see when the game is here. At least, as a LS it should be a lot easier to not end up killing anyone in your party, especially if you put quite a bit of effort in your charisma/persaude skills..."

Only time will tell. After I finish playing the game I'll tell you if I was able to do it or not.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Maybe instead of simply killing off party members you could sell them into slavery like in Fallout 2. That way when you have certain party members (like the stupid twi'lek thief girl) that you never used anymore then you could just get rid of them and gain a few credits at the same time.

Maybe instead of simply killing off party members you could sell them into slavery like in Fallout 2. That way when you have certain party members (like the stupid twi'lek thief girl) that you never used anymore then you could just get rid of them and gain a few credits at the same time.

That would be cool, but i don't know if you can do it...

*waits for the onslaught of Mission-lovers to come to say how useful she is*

What could you do to Uthar's bed?

Dark Wanderer:

"I see that you're more opitimistic than me then. But I suppose that we shall see when the game is here. At least, as a LS it should be a lot easier to not end up killing anyone in your party, especially if you put quite a bit of effort in your charisma/persaude skills..."

Only time will tell. After I finish playing the game I'll tell you if I was able to do it or not.

'The most sublime victory is one achieved without firing a shot.' - Loosely paraphrased from Sun Tzu.

I usually do this myself when I can, but I guess we can only wait and see.