Do you want the Xbox version also pushed back?

Do you want the Xbox version also pushed back?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Xbox version also pushed back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

KOTOR is way easier to play on the PC, did anyone notice on that Aussie video that the guy kept pausing to make another move in battle.  U don't have to do that when you have a mouse.

You don't have to do that on the Xbox either.

I will stick by my guns on this issue; Mice rule! (or so my cat tells me)

So pinky and the brain finally succeded then? :p:p

KOTOR is way easier to play on the PC, did anyone notice on that Aussie video that the guy kept pausing to make another move in battle.  U don't have to do that when you have a mouse.

You don't have to do that on the Xbox either.

I will stick by my guns on this issue; Mice rule! (or so my cat tells me)

So pinky and the brain finally succeded then? :p:p

YYYYYEEEEEES, Pinky!

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Some things to consider:

Re XPox users - "wipe them out, all of them". (Sorry, was possessed by Darth Sidious for a sec)

Re release dates - when it is released, it's released. Avoid the spoilers by staying away from the kotor websites for a while. Two months won't kill you. The sooner you play the game the sooner you will have finished it. The first was good (possibly great) but these things have a finite re-playability, so don't be in too much of hurry. Enjoy the suspense.

Re hurting LA - don't give into hate, that leads to dark side. Revenge (people losing jobs, pulling orders to make other's lives difficult, etc) won't help you or anyone else.

As someone's sig says, never attribute to malice what can easily be explained by stupidity. Mistakes happen, decisions have to be made.

Obsidian 1: "Sir, we can have the XPox version ready for xmas but won't have the PC version ready until Feb, what should we do?"

Obsidian 2: "Tough call, but xmas sales will be good for the XPox if we get it out and that will make lots of people over at M$ happy and when they are happy, they spend more money with us so we can make more games, what do M$ and LA want"

Obsidian 1: "They would like us to go early with the XPox version"

Obsidian 2: "Ok, the PC users waited the first time around, they'll deal. We gave them extra content last time, we should do that again..."

If the motivation for wanting the xbox release held back is for petty reasons then no. I have an xbox but won't be able to get the game in december since I live in england, but I wouldn't want to delay someones enjoyment of a fine game purely out of jealousy or something.

If on the other hand this is about LA keeping their word... maybe.

If the motivation for wanting the xbox release held back is for petty reasons then no. I have an xbox but won't be able to get the game in december since I live in england, but I wouldn't want to delay someones enjoyment of a fine game purely out of jealousy or something.

I'm the same circumstances as you, and I agree :rolleyes:

You can't be naive about this. Pulling the PC release back is about money pure and simple. Like KoTOR? Thinking about buying an Xbox? Now you have some incentive. Sure, PC sales won't be as quick, but they'll still make money hand over fist, just a couple months later. For those who can't (or won't) wait, they can just spend more cash and buy an Xbox. Who cares if they lied to us? We're just consumers who will buy the product regardless... This way, game sales will still be great(we've already seen how good the original was even with a six month PC delay), and microsoft gets to make even more cash on console sales. Everyone wins. Well, except for the consumers, but hey, the consumer is born to be fed off of.

I'm the same circumstances as you, and I agree :rolleyes:

Completely agreed. While i think this isn't the fault of the x-box gamer and don't want to see them caught in the crossfire, I think this was also a really really low blow from LA. Thus I want to make LA pay, but not hurt my x-box friends, putting me in a dilemna. I am completely unsure as to the involvement of microsoft...

If this is being done to try to boost x-box sales though, I'd have to say I'd love to see the x-box sales boycoted for a while...

About us being whiny, as some say, some of our reasons are this. The PC players consistantly get the short end of the stick here..., we've been lied to. If they had announced the pc was 4 months later in release a long time ago (instead of the shorter 2 months), we all would have said..."that sucks, but oh well". Now they're doing this for unknown reasons and we have really been lied to. They get us excited only to dissapoint us. All the assurence we've had is for nothing. We have a right to be a little pissed off here.

Just get an xbox.  Several of my friends did so when the original came out.

A couple major flaws with that screwed up idea. Firstly $$$$$ for x-box just for one game? Secondly, that just be making microsoft richer and leting the ****ers succeed with their god damn scheme. Thirdly, I'm a god damn PC gamer or maybe PS. I'm not able to (or even if I could I wouldn't) get a ****ing x-box.

**** this. I think I'm just going to go back to my final fantasy and crap. Doing this whole ****ing CRPG was a ****ing mistake.

I'm the same circumstances as you, and I agree :)

Completely agreed. While i think this isn't the fault of the x-box gamer and don't want to see them caught in the crossfire, I think this was also a really really low blow from LA. Thus I want to make LA pay, but not hurt my x-box friends, putting me in a dilemna. I am completely unsure as to the involvement of microsoft...

If this is being done to try to boost x-box sales though, I'd have to say I'd love to see the x-box sales boycoted for a while...

About us being whiny, as some say, some of our reasons are this. The PC players consistantly get the short end of the stick here..., we've been lied to. If they had announced the pc was 4 months later in release a long time ago (instead of the shorter 2 months), we all would have said..."that sucks, but oh well". Now they're doing this for unknown reasons and we have really been lied to. They get us excited only to dissapoint us. All the assurence we've had is for nothing. We have a right to be a little pissed off here.

Well, think of it this way.....have you ever seen sales preempted in this way of any other platform? Huh...Huh? <_<

Yeah, and let them know they can do this again to us in the future. BTW, if I got a Billy Gates Box, where the **** am I supposed to pull the money for my bi-annual upgrades from? I don't know about you man, but I can't pull money out of my ass whenever I want to. My bet is you're some punk ass spoiled little kid whose parents pay for everthing. :(

I believe that both versions should be realesed at the same date. That was a promise and should not be broken. Spoilers are hard to avoid, especially if you have friends with an X-Box who are fans of the game and will want to tell you about it. My reasons have nothing to do with a lust for vengeance against console users or boredom. WoW comes out around December and that'll hold be over for two months, plus my friends'll let me play it when they're done. It's about the fact that I'm afraid of spoilers for those who have to wait the entire time. I spend a lot of time now in KotOR forums, so I would be subject to these. My play through of the original KotOR was damaged by knowing the plot twist ahead of time.

A couple major flaws with that screwed up idea. Firstly $$$$$ for x-box just for one game? Secondly, that just be making microsoft richer and leting the ****ers succeed with their god damn scheme. Thirdly, I'm a god damn PC gamer or maybe PS. I'm not able to (or even if I could I wouldn't) get a ****ing x-box.

**** this. I think I'm just going to go back to my final fantasy and crap. Doing this whole ****ing CRPG was a ****ing mistake.

Well, think of it this way.....have you ever seen sales preempted in this way of any other platform? Huh...Huh? <_<

Yeah, and let them know they can do this again to us in the future. BTW, if I got a Billy Gates Box, where the **** am I supposed to pull the money for my bi-annual upgrades from? I don't know about you man, but I can't pull money out of my ass whenever I want to. My bet is you're some punk ass spoiled little kid whose parents pay for everthing. :(

Great minds think alike, though I think I prefer my way of phrasing it.

Great minds think alike, though I think I prefer my way of phrasing it.

:p

you show me 5 games for the xbox that I'll enjoy, and I'll fork out the money to get one, otherwise quite with the Go buy An Xbox crap[pyn arsed lines that blasted line is an insult, oh wait just lock this good for nothing thread donr and lock and delete anymore threads dealing with the matter, and obisidian here is an idea, lets just piss off the us xpox owners and ship the game to europe first.......

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

word is the pc version could make it out before the holidays....if certain parties that arn't Obsidian were so inclined. (but not a international release)

Great that if that's true it just serves as more proof to back up my theory that the International release for the PC is going to be pushed back even further in order to have it be an X-box exclusive in Europe too for at least a few months.

here is an idea, lets just piss off the us xpox owners and ship the game to europe first.......

Speaking from across the big pond it would sure be nice if they'd release one of their good titles on this side of the pond first for a change (or at least simultaneously with the US version) to make up for the fact that we get the short end of the stick with almost all releases especially if they're any good.

Eu-ro-pe-an you say? Which planet was that on again?

No idea, but I'll bet that once and if they colonize Alpha centauri they'll get their LA games before we in Europe do.