Do you want the Xbox version also pushed back?

Do you want the Xbox version also pushed back?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Xbox version also pushed back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Promises are made to be broken, or so I've heard.

That's not a very good business practice though.

Although I doubt that a backlash from PC fans will affect LucasArts much, since the PC market probably doesn't account for too much of their market share.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think the x-box shouldn't be pushed back. The it's not the fault of x-box gamers (and many of them are very sympathetic) that this has happened. Instead i think pc needs to be moved up. Some people talk about polishing and stuff, but they can just issue patches, like last time.

And if the xbox version has no bugs then nor will the PC version.

Not true. You need to get a little grasp of game development process to understand, but, put shortly, what works on one set of hardware and software (XPox) might (and will, in most cases) find incompatibilities on a different set (PC). And there are limitless configurations of the latter, as I've already stated in one of my previous posts.

The point is a simultaneous  release shows fairness between the platforms, and PC gamers will not have to aviod spoliers for a whole 2 months. With the first KOTOR is was 6 months. 6 MONTHS.

So what kind of fairness are you proposing? Let's just screw the XPox owners over just because the PC gamers can't play the game at the same time?

Sure, the spoilers floating around for two months aren't the best of entertainment, but try being fair yourself. Why do you want other people to miss out just because the game for your platform isn't ready yet?...

The point is a simultaneous  release shows fairness between the platforms, and PC gamers will not have to aviod spoliers for a whole 2 months. With the first KOTOR is was 6 months. 6 MONTHS.

So what kind of fairness are you proposing? Let's just screw the XPox owners over just because the PC gamers can't play the game at the same time?

Sure, the spoilers floating around for two months aren't the best of entertainment, but try being fair yourself. Why do you want other people to miss out just because the game for you platform isn't ready yet?...

*Nods in total agreement*

Who said you had to miss out? The game was meant to come at the same time as PC. Fair and square. Like it was OFFICALLY and ORIGINALLY said. S

:) Why do you have to be so stubborn?! :lol:

Heh, the XPox version is ready for release, so why do you want the XPox owners to drown in their own drool for another two months just because the PC version isn't ready?

Who said you had to miss out? The game was meant to come at the same time as PC. Fair and square. Like it was OFFICALLY and ORIGINALLY said. S

:) Why do you have to be so stubborn?! :lol:

Heh, the XPox version is ready for release, so why do you want the XPox owners to drown in their own drool for another two months just because the PC version isn't ready?

Because they have a ton of other games to tide them over this holiday season....while the PC pickings are rather slim? I mean, the only games that Hades listed that I really want are Prince of Persia 3, Splinter Cell 3, and Pirates!. The only one that's even remotely RPG like is Pirates! too. I don't know what you die-hard RPG fans are going to do. Poor souls.

Because they have a ton of other games to tide them over this holiday season....while the PC pickings are rather slim?  I mean, the only games that Hades listed that I really want are Prince of Persia 3, Splinter Cell 3, and Pirates!.  The only one that's even remotely RPG like is Pirates! too.

Umm, could you help me out? I kind of fail to see the point there.

Are you trying to say that, because the KotOR 2's PC version isn't ready, the XPox owners must miss out on KotOR 2, as well? Am I right? If so, then I really feel sorry for the society that you grew up in...

Because they have a ton of other games to tide them over this holiday season....while the PC pickings are rather slim?  I mean, the only games that Hades listed that I really want are Prince of Persia 3, Splinter Cell 3, and Pirates!.  The only one that's even remotely RPG like is Pirates! too.

Umm, could you help me out? I kind of fail to see the point there.

Are you trying to say that, because the KotOR 2's PC version isn't ready, the XPox owners must miss out on KotOR 2, as well? Am I right? If so, then I really feel sorry for the society that you grew up in...

Correction: Are growing up in. I feel really sorry for it too.

It's not so much that, as I hate to have it all spoiled for me unless I swear off the internet for several months (not likely to happen). Damn my lack of willpower towards the internet.

I also really hate being lied to. And since they apparently knew since the trailer was released that the Billy Gates Box version was going to be released early; seeing as how I don't buy that they 'put the fiscal year' on the trailer, as that would make no since from a marketing standpoint, since anyone who doesn't work retail, or knows about retail knows nothing about the fiscal year. Bull sh!t. :angry:

It's not so much that, as I hate to have it all spoiled for me unless I swear off the internet for several months (not likely to happen).  Damn my lack of willpower towards the internet.

I also really hate being lied to.  And since they apparently knew since the trailer was released that the Billy Gates Box version was going to be released early; seeing as how I don't buy that they 'put the fiscal year' on the trailer, as that would make no since from a marketing standpoint, since anyone who doesn't work retail, or knows about retail knows nothing about the fiscal year.  Bull sh!t.  :angry:

Just steer clear of the KotOR 2 forums/threads and you'll do fine. That's what I did about KotOR. Hah, if you'd have ever went shopping with a g/f as mine ;) you would've learned this enormous patience I have. :lol:

And that release date wasn't much of a lie. It was more of a mistake in estimation, I believe, and wasn't at all intentional. Why get all worked up about it? Everyone makes mistakes. Just take a deep breath, make a sigh, and find some other entertainment in the meantime. ;)

The Logic of the Hawk says:

"Well, Akari says the same team is working on it at the same time. That means that when Xbox is done, PC will be "done" - the most logical solutions for this are:

1. Xbox games cost more than PC games

I have seen Xbox games for low amounts. . .after they have been out for a while. Around my part of the US, newly released Xbox games cost more than DOOM 3 (54.99 at target)

2. Bribes!

LEC has been bribed by Bill Gates, who just wants to make money.

3. ALIENS! :ph34r:

Aliens landed and removed LucasArt's publisher-guy's brains. They don't realize that they'd make more money than their limbs are worth if both were released at the same time.

4. We luv da PC gamerz, lez giv dem all extwas

Really, does anything need to be said? Pfft. The only reason this would be happening was so all the KOTOR Xbox gamers would pay the $20(?) for Xbox live to get some downloadable content.

5. They're playing us for the fools we are.

Even multi-millionaires like Lucas needs laughs.

6. KOTOR is made to be a console game

KOTOR is a game that was designed for Xbox. Mostly Xbox. PC is only secondary because, well, because we're outdated."

I'd love to see Xbox pushed back, or PC brought forward. If they want to give us extras, they may as well give them to us at the same time. That way Xboxers won't have to complain about PCers getting things before they did.

I'm sorry if anyone found this post offensive. I find the fact that we've been lied to offensive.

I'm sorry Akari and Obsidian and all the other people out there who've been putting their blood and sweat into this game. It's not fair for us to complain, and it isn't your guys fault. I hope you'll continue to look on us with some favour in your eyes, even though we are really horrible people for complaining on your boards - even though it isn't your fault. Once more. I'm sorry. You're all great people.

Fnord.

It's not so much that, as I hate to have it all spoiled for me unless I swear off the internet for several months (not likely to happen).  Damn my lack of willpower towards the internet.

I also really hate being lied to.  And since they apparently knew since the trailer was released that the Billy Gates Box version was going to be released early; seeing as how I don't buy that they 'put the fiscal year' on the trailer, as that would make no since from a marketing standpoint, since anyone who doesn't work retail, or knows about retail knows nothing about the fiscal year.  Bull sh!t.  :angry:

Just steer clear of the KotOR 2 forums/threads and you'll do fine. That's what I did about KotOR. Hah, if you'd have ever went shopping with a g/f as mine :) you would've learned this enormous patience I have. :lol:

And that release date wasn't much of a lie. It was more of a mistake in estimation, I believe, and wasn't at all intentional. Why get all worked up about it? Everyone makes mistakes. Just take a deep breath, make a sigh, and find some other entertainment in the meantime. ;)

Check my latest post in the other thread. Most specifically the one with the Gamespot news quote. Unless not only Lucasarts PR department are total imbeciles, but ALSO the guys at Obsidian who made the trailer for E3, they both knew about this since E3. They just strung us along for awhile longer. <_<

My sincere apologies, Craftsman brought to my attention that this poll has not been done before. Upon further thought, it does not directly reflect the announcement concerning the release dates.

I'm just tired and jumpy. No excuse, but I am very sorry.

Carry on.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.