The It Sucks Thread

Snail mail goes a lot farther than emails, and the LA mailing address is listed on their Contacts page at www.lucasarts.com.  However, be aware that while they will most likely listen to well thought out, intelligent letters describing how and why you are disappointed, letters filled with profanity and other venting will merely be assigned to the circular file.

I could expect this. I will hate them on here, and be polite if/when I write

I'm both an X-boxer and a PCGamer and frankly it's sad that PC's are getting screwed over now when before it was the consoles.  And why?  Because the consoles are 128bit and Pc's are 32?  Who knows.  Seems like PCgamers are getting the trash now just because I don't know maybe all the differing types of PC's?  Hard to say.  Pretty soon most PC games will just be ported versions of the console games.... Consoles are getting the goods these days and yes I'll be getting it in December for my XBOX I'd rather have the higher resolution fun of the PC.... Oh well...

Dude, read what you just said...Xbox,128bit???? PC, 32 bit? LMAO. Xbox is a toned down pc with a pentium 3 733 mhz processsor and a GeForce 3 GPU. IF anything, My PC has at the very least 5 times the processing power of an Xbox, with its 3000+ processor and GeForce 6800GT GPU. The REAL consoles,however,such as ps2 and gamecube use RISC processors and that is why their CPU is 128bit. Even though today that is already old news/tech. The memory bandwith on my 6800GT is 256bit.

Back on topic, though, I really doubt LA will even notice this thread,and if they do,they wont do anything about it...so forget additional content.

I would just like to know why the European Xbox owners are getting the game in febuary aswell as the PC owners, but US Xbox owners are getting it 2 months earlier!? WTF is that all about? Are the European market not as important as the US market? Or is it some technicallity I'm not aware of? Please someone enlighten me because I would love to know, but I can't help thinking its the former <_<

might be to do with translation. U'd have to translate it into every other language, as a lot of Europeans don't speak English as a first language. It would be even more unfair to release the English version in France, or just give it to the British (and Irish) market.

As unfair as giving it to the USA and not the rest of the english speaking world you mean <_< I would be less concerned if I didnt speak english and they needed time to translate.....the game is already in english so give to all or none! But alas it is a business so get it to the biggest christmas audience if possible *cough..USA..cough*

2.  Video Game Ratings for various countries.  Germany, for example, has very strict rating guidelines for games released in their country, and extensively review any game, then inform the publisher/developer of any changes that need to be made in order to fit a certain rating, the changes have to be made, and then another review is performed.  I would imagine this is quite time consuming.

That's why international PC owners are going to get really screwed over because I suspect they won't even begin making these changes to the PC version until februari (in order to give the international X-box at least a month exclusive in Europe too).

I still have the good fortune to live in one of the European countries least likely to make a fuss about the ratings (if anything ratings here are downgraded from what they are in the US) however even here I really don't suspect to see KOTOR 2 on store shelves until the beginning of march at the earliest.

I would just like to know why the European Xbox owners are getting the game in febuary aswell as the PC owners, but US Xbox owners are getting it 2 months earlier!? WTF is that all about? Are the European market not as important as the US market? Or is it some technicallity I'm not aware of? Please someone enlighten me because I would love to know, but I can't help thinking its the former <_<

might be to do with translation. U'd have to translate it into every other language, as a lot of Europeans don't speak English as a first language. It would be even more unfair to release the English version in France, or just give it to the British (and Irish) market.

As unfair as giving it to the USA and not the rest of the english speaking world you mean <_< I would be less concerned if I didnt speak english and they needed time to translate.....the game is already in english so give to all or none! But alas it is a business so get it to the biggest christmas audience if possible *cough..USA..cough*

Its not our fault they wont even send it to England. THAT SUCKS but I cant say/do more than that

How could you contact LA about this. Everyway to contact them about video games are for technical support

Well if you want my opinion I'd have to say that the two best ways I know of to let business executives know that you're extremely dissatisfied with their decisions are:

1: Bring up charges in court against the company they work for (nothing gets their attention like a finding a subpoena on their desks in the morning).

2: Buy enough shares to become eligible to attend the shareholders meeting and tell them your grievances right to their face, if you do it convincingly and get enough of the other shareholders to agree with you they will have no choice but to heed your words.

"A delay is a delay is a delay."

Sure it is, but the PC version isn't really delayed, the X-box one is just coming out sooner that it was supposed to.

"Shoddy treatment of customers, lies and deception coupled with a second-rate product normally equals a loss of business for any other company."

Shouldn't you actually wait for the product to come out before calling it second-rate? Just a thought.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Guest ChaosStorm
Already we've had a couple of people post stuff after the release of the news with the sole intention of being "funny", so it'll be even worse when the spoilers start coming out.  I hope the mods ban these people right away.

I am against the death penalty.... but for such people I will make an exception.

Oh. My. Freakin'. Gods. Just grow up people. It's a friggin' video game! I'm disappointed over having to wait to February as well, but it's just a friggin' video game.

"They lied!" Did they? We don't know that. What we do know is that they said it would be a simultaneous release, but things change. We don't know that obstacles they've come across while developing the game, but if for some reason the XBox version is going to be finished first then they'd be idiots for not releasing it in time for Christmas, a huge sales month. They are a business, and to hold back a finished product to placate some complainers is the sort of move that gets shareholders riled up.

"False advertising!" No, it isn't. I don't recall ever seeing any advertising promising a simultaneous release. I have seen statements made, but this is nothing new. Business release statements all the time that eventually change due to unforeseen circumstances. Crap happens. Truth in advertising laws are there to protect people from shoddy merchandise and being ripped off, not from changes in availability dates (unless of course the availability date is instrumental in use of the product, which doesn't apply to video games).

"I'm going to sue!" Go ahead, fanboy. It won't even make it to court (see above). Remember the Trekkies who picketed Paramount to change the theme song to Enterprise? Laughing stocks. Trying to sue over this will have the same effect, and frankly science fiction/fantasy already have a big enough image problem. Trying to procede with a frivolous lawsuit (which is what this would be) is only going to compound that.

That said, Lucas Arts does owe the PC fans of the game an explanation purely from a PR standpoint. This doesn't look good on them and it only makes good business sense to give a reason for the two month difference. If they don't have a good reason, maybe they are doing it as a favour to Microsoft (and they are within their rights to do this) then the idea of a petition is a fine one. They can choose to ignore a petition, but it would be bad business to do so, especially if there are enough signatures.

i dont' care about the "delay". i never got a game before any of the spoilers were written. all the spoilers can be avoided if you don't live on the forums and read every post there is.

and the simultaneus release yadda yadda, if you believe Lucas Arts you're an idiot, plain and simple. betrayal? this is gaaming industry , where you enver get what you want and when you want. you poeple should know that by now.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

knowing both xbox and pc teams are one only confirms that xbox got priority. they didnt get the pc code cause lucas arts wanted xbox out in time for christmas. pc is less important to their money filled pockets so it will come out when it does. i doubt it would come out at all if the code wasnt so similar to the xbox's code.

Sadly, that is all too true.

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

Just a couple points of clarification:

There is no PC team/X-Box team, here.  We're all one team, working on both platforms at the same time.  So no, the PC version doesn't have fewer people on it than the X-Box version. It has the exact same people on it.

The PC version hasn't been delayed. The X-Box version is coming out earlier.  The PC version is coming out when the two were originally going to come out.  Just because one platform is coming out earlier doesn't mean the other has necessarily been 'delayed'.  A Feburary release for the PC version would be right on schedule.

All this reaction is why I think it's not wise for companies to announce estimated release dates so far in advance.  Can you imagine Blizzard having announced a specific release date for WarCraft 3 when it was just a few months into development?  And then having it take 4 years longer than originally expected? Of course not.  There wasn't a release date until a couple months before the title went gold. 

Or look at Half-Life 2, that's missed announced release dates by more than a year.  They should've held off giving a release date until the end of the project. 

The reaction going on here is why I think that's generally a more prudent approach to handling announcing release dates.  All the same, our internal deadlines haven't changed since the project's inception. Make of that what you will.

-Akari

Akari just posted this in the Petition thread I figured it might answer some questions or maybe pose more I don't know,

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Thanks Akari for your post, it's really nice to see devs such as yourself that is concerned with player's feelings.

Like it has been stated by several others I too am not bothered much by the fact that the PC version is coming out 2 months after the X-Box. It's annoying sure, but hardly catastrophic as I've had experience like this with plenty of games before.

What truly disappointed me is the fact that from day one of announcing the game, every interview, magazine article and answer delivered said yes, both will be out together. Not that they were trying to get them out together but a definitive both will be out together. I even recall one person even said, it will not be like the first game where PC gamers had to wait, this time both gamers will have the ability to enjoy the game at the same time.

Then to further add to insult, I found out by looking at the news in Gamespot. The announcement simply said the dates with such excitement and indifference to what had always been repeated time after time, that it was disheartening. Further there wasn't even a small mention that the plans had changed because the XBox version was ahead nor any kind of apology or explanation for the previous remarks throughout the game's development for a simultaneous release.

I felt like my trust had been taken advantage of and that's why I am upset with the news. The waiting is merely an annoyance but not much more than that. It's a shame that this happened and it was handled this way.

Thanks Akari for your post, it's really nice to see devs such as yourself that is concerned with player's feelings.

Like it has been stated by several others I too am not bothered much by the fact that the PC version is coming out 2 months after the X-Box. It's annoying sure, but hardly catastrophic as I've had experience like this with plenty of games before.

What truly disappointed me is the fact that from day one of announcing the game, every interview, magazine article and answer delivered said yes, both will be out together. Not that they were trying to get them out together but a definitive both will be out together. I even recall one person even said, it will not be like the first game where PC gamers had to wait, this time both gamers will have the ability to enjoy the game at the same time.

Then to further add to insult, I found out by looking at the news in Gamespot. The announcement simply said the dates with such excitement and indifference to what had always been repeated time after time, that it was disheartening. Further there wasn't even a small mention that the plans had changed because the XBox version was ahead nor any kind of apology or explanation for the previous remarks throughout the game's development for a simultaneous release.

I felt like my trust had been taken advantage of and that's why I am upset with the news. The waiting is merely an annoyance but not much more than that. It's a shame that this happened and it was handled this way.

Well said my friend, well said indeed :lol:

Yea, thanks Akari.

The thing is that they did announce a simultaneous release, whether it was unwise to do that or not, they took that descision. On the basis of that, they let people pre order the game, which surely can't be legal if one platform is behind the other, and u have no intention of delaying the release date of the one that is in front to coincide with the one that is behind? The very least they owe us is an apology, that would go some way to fixing their damaged rep. I don't so much mind the wait- like Akari said, it's not delayed, but I don't like being lied to and LA can't be allowed to get away with treating thier paying customers like that.

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.